Sponsored

Limited-Edition Shelby GT350, GT350R Heritage Edition Package

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
The side stripes look stupid and the paint color should have been that way from day 1. It's just a sales gimmick.
You don’t like the side stripes on the early cars or just modern ones or no side stripes at all? I like them but I am a huge fan of the classic look. Adds something for a side profile other than an all white side view.

I don’t like yellow cars. One of my good friends has a yellow 911. I tell him all the time your car would look so much better in another color. He knows I’m just messing with him but I really don’t like yellow cars.

It’s ironic your car is yellow and we have very different views on side stripes. Or just an odd coincidence.

Fortunately we have choices to satisfy all tastes.
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
You don’t like the side stripes on the early cars or just modern ones or no side stripes at all? I like them but I am a huge fan of the classic look. Adds something for a side profile other than an all white side view.

I don’t like yellow cars. One of my good friends has a yellow 911. I tell him all the time your car would look so much better in another color. He knows I’m just messing with him but I really don’t like yellow cars.

It’s ironic your car is yellow and we have very different views on side stripes. Or just an odd coincidence.

Fortunately we have choices to satisfy all tastes.
You mean like a grey one and a white one too? Yes, choices are good

Mikefd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2004 mystichrome cobra, 20 twister orange350R
* * * So this is it.... this is what 7 hours on the phone and dealing with over 60 dealerships got me to.

Now keep in mind this is for a “350 (R) version” along with the “HERITAGE package”
There are NO allocations avail in the United States currently avail. Now like I said I called literally around 60 dealerships around the United States- and finally contacted a Missouri corporate number and was told they would do a mass dealership search for any possible or avail allocations. I was told they were showing n/a as far as availability-
If someone knows of anything or had a different experience please....let me know I’m super exhausted at this point and beyond disappointed- BUT hopefully there might be someone out there who has better info than my findings if so please DM me! Maybe there’s hope who knows, trying to keep it optimistic at this point

Rev Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R, 2023 BMW X3
* * * So this is it.... this is what 7 hours on the phone and dealing with over 60 dealerships got me to.

Now keep in mind this is for a “350 (R) version” along with the “HERITAGE package”
There are NO allocations avail in the United States currently avail. Now like I said I called literally around 60 dealerships around the United States- and finally contacted a Missouri corporate number and was told they would do a mass dealership search for any possible or avail allocations. I was told they were showing n/a as far as availability-
If someone knows of anything or had a different experience please....let me know I’m super exhausted at this point and beyond disappointed- BUT hopefully there might be someone out there who has better info than my findings if so please DM me! Maybe there’s hope who knows, trying to keep it optimistic at this point
N/A makes sense because they literally just announced the package a few days ago. I would at least wait till after the new year to see about any allocations. Besides, I don't think they are building any GT350s until production picks back up in early spring?

Sponsored

Mikefd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2004 mystichrome cobra, 20 twister orange350R
N/A makes sense because they literally just announced the package a few days ago. I would at least wait till after the new year to see about any allocations. Besides, I don't think they are building any GT350s until production picks back up in early spring?
I was told the
The are allocations for non R h.e. 350’s which raises the Q: do you buy a non R H.E. Model 350? Or a 2020 R

Rev Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R, 2023 BMW X3
I was told the
The are allocations for non R h.e. 350’s which raises the Q: do you buy a non R H.E. Model 350? Or a 2020 R
Well if true, that's interesting.

I think only you can answer that question for yourself. Is this package that important to you? Can you wait to see if you can get this package with an R?

Me personally, I would get a non H.E. 2020 R...which is what I plan to do early next year.

s2ms

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
1966 GT350 - 6S1757, 2017 GT350 - H3303
I really like the side stripes. Designed by Pete Brock and part of Shelby's from day one. Should have been at least an option on these cars from the beginning as well IMO.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I really have a hard time understanding any individual who suggests that the lower side stripes "look stupid" when in fact the "GT350" lower body panel stripes were designed by the very first Shelby American employee namely Pete Brock and look simply outstanding to the majority of us knowledgeable and experienced Shelby enthusiasts.

Here we have a storied cast of characters at Shelby American back in 1964 such as Chuck Cantwell, Peyton Cramer, Al Dowd, Jerry Schwartz, Lew Spencer. Jerry Titus, Klaus Arning, Phil Remington and of course the immortal Ken Miles who all agreed with Pete Brock's design of not only the lower body GT350 stripes but also for the famous two wide 10" painted OTT "Guardsman Blue Le Mans Stripes" which also added to the mystic of the 1965 GT350/R.

With the present values of a pristine 1965 GT350 at ~$500,000 and an R model at ~$1,000,000 I would suggest that the owners and custodians of these rare and outstanding 1965 Shelby GT350/R's are still very much in love with the lower body panel stripes just as the original designer and his SA team were back in the day and for myself what an outstanding design and would love to have an example such as this in my corral.

:clap::clap:

2011gt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt350
Any information on the stripes with regards to being vinyl or painted? I am guessing vinyl but looking for clarification.

Sponsored

ltcolton

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
350R,Trackhawk,FocusRS,911,R8GT,S2000,AlfaGiulia
Old school side stripes for me all the way. I'm definitely down on purchasing this classic remake. Don't need the R but will be in the market for the GT350. Car reminds me of one of my Aurora slot cars of days gone by. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.....

Champale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
I absolutely love the way this heritage edition looks. It's giving me some 2nd thoughts about maybe changing my existing 2020 order.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
I really have a hard time understanding any individual who suggests that the lower side stripes "look stupid" when in fact the "GT350" lower body panel stripes were designed by the very first Shelby American employee namely Pete Brock and look simply outstanding to the majority of us knowledgeable and experienced Shelby enthusiasts.

Here we have a storied cast of characters at Shelby American back in 1964 such as Chuck Cantwell, Peyton Cramer, Al Dowd, Jerry Schwartz, Lew Spencer. Jerry Titus, Klaus Arning, Phil Remington and of course the immortal Ken Miles who all agreed with Pete Brock's design of not only the lower body GT350 stripes but also for the famous two wide 10" painted OTT "Guardsman Blue Le Mans Stripes" which also added to the mystic of the 1965 GT350/R.

With the present values of a pristine 1965 GT350 at ~$500,000 and an R model at ~$1,000,000 I would suggest that the owners and custodians of these rare and outstanding 1965 Shelby GT350/R's are still very much in love with the lower body panel stripes just as the original designer and his SA team were back in the day and for myself what an outstanding design and would love to have an example such as this in my corral.

Im one of those people who dont like the side stripes on the newer cars. It has more to do with the shape of the new car vs the old cars or even the SN197. Its like the original OTT stripes that everyone thought were the same size but in fact narrowed on certain areas on the original cars.

NoReins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work in Progress

I live near Chuck Cantwell he as an original 1966 GT350 painted in Guardsman Blue with White Stripes and it aint no trailer queen. The car is sweet.

If i decide to get one of these cars, would need to get him to sign the dash
Sponsored