Sponsored

"Mustang Mach E" Confirmed, Reservations Begin Immediately After Nov 17 Live-Streamed Reveal

How will Ford naming it's new electric SUV "Mustang Mach E" impact your future purchase decisions.

• Much more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 49 12.5%
  • Slightly more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • No change

Votes: 219 55.9%
  • Slightly less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 55 14.0%
  • Much less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 63 16.1%

• Total voters

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Does this look like a Mustang?????

Oh Ford what a terrible joke.
69AFFFBE-53DB-4294-9B87-EADDF9F882AA.png
Sponsored

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
Does this look like a Mustang?????

Oh Ford what a terrible joke.
69AFFFBE-53DB-4294-9B87-EADDF9F882AA.png
Looks like a cute puppy dog. The new lower grill looks like smiley dog face and the fake upper grill looks like a sweet little boopable nose. Aww. Everyone loves puppies. Especially Karen.

And the but hurt continues
butthurt.gif
Still can't make words to defend this garbage?

5-OH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
My open letter to Ford:

Let me preface by saying the name “Mustang” belongs to Ford legally, however the American icon belongs to Us (the Mustang enthusiast). We as enthusiast made the idea of Mustang, the icon it is today. This is exactly the problem I have with Ford using the name “Mustang” on a plain Jane boring suv, that happens to be electric. The word Mustang at least to Us and the enthusiast that came before us, invokes a sense of freedom. The very word harkens back to the days of the Wild West when wild mustangs roamed the untamed countryside.

We all bought Ford’s “pony car” with the plans of making them our own by way of modifications. Some of Us have owned more than one Mustang, guilty as charged. I’ve owned ‘70 GT, ‘89 5.0 coupe, ‘93 5.0 coupe and ‘15 GT myself, and proudly modified all of them. My Grandfather had two of them ‘65 GT and ‘69 Shelby GT500. My Grandma had one a ‘66 convertible red with white interior. My Mom’s first car was a a Stang ‘64.5 purchased in May of that year, white with powder blue interior and a wood steering wheel. My Dad had a ‘68 GT s code, and later an ‘85 5.0 coupe. We’ve made this happen for Ford, and they just took a huge dump on Us.

I probably wouldn’t be taking this so hard had they taken a current Mustang and just electrified it, but this is an abortion of a car design. Then they threw the sacred horse on, and gave the Mustang name to it, but sorry it’s not a Mustang. This thing is the love child of a fusion and escape aimed square at the soccer mom, who’s gonna cruise it to the mall. You should’ve called this thing the EDGE-E that would’ve made more sense. I’m not one of those old guys that can’t see electric being the future, I know that’s been slowly happening. I’m sure people will enjoy this car and modify it to their own liking, but it’ll never be a Mustang it’s not a two door coupe, fastback or convertible. It’s a family hauler with some clever marketing/styling cues to pull the wool over sheeples eyes.

The Mustang is the only car that sold over half of a million cars in six months, and then hit a million in its first few years all because of Us (Mustang Enthusiasts) try not to forget that Ford. Mustang is the only car that was supposed to be changed to a front wheel drive platform (see Ford Probe), however Ford was forced by Us to keep with the design of rwd, and was rewarded for their efforts in sales.

Mustang is the only brand in America to have a museum run and owned by Us (Mustang Enthusiasts). The Mustang has been featured in over 400 films, over 10 million Mustangs have been produced and sold you’re welcome Ford. There are enthusiasts (Us) on 5 continents who have made the Mustang a world car. So go ahead Ford turn your back on Us, I’ve never wanted to see you fail, but as you’ve stated with this atrocity times are changing. I’ve been a Ford guy my whole life, I’ve had numerous other models, but other brands are now starting to look appealing.

What you don’t understand is that you don’t own Mustang, Can’t wait to see you fall.

5-OH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
My open letter to Ford:

Let me preface by saying the name “Mustang” belongs to Ford legally, however the American icon belongs to Us (the Mustang enthusiast). We as enthusiast made the idea of Mustang, the icon it is today. This is exactly the problem I have with Ford using the name “Mustang” on a plain Jane boring suv, that happens to be electric. The word Mustang at least to Us and the enthusiast that came before us, invokes a sense of freedom. The very word harkens back to the days of the Wild West when wild mustangs roamed the untamed countryside.

We all bought Ford’s “pony car” with the plans of making them our own by way of modifications. Some of Us have owned more than one Mustang, guilty as charged. I’ve owned ‘70 GT, ‘89 5.0 coupe, ‘93 5.0 coupe and ‘15 GT myself, and proudly modified all of them. My Grandfather had two of them ‘65 GT and ‘69 Shelby GT500. My Grandma had one a ‘66 convertible red with white interior. My Mom’s first car was a a Stang ‘64.5 purchased in May of that year, white with powder blue interior and a wood steering wheel. My Dad had a ‘68 GT s code, and later an ‘85 5.0 coupe. We’ve made this happen for Ford, and they just took a huge dump on Us.

I probably wouldn’t be taking this so hard had they taken a current Mustang and just electrified it, but this is an abortion of a car design. Then they threw the sacred horse on, and gave the Mustang name to it, but sorry it’s not a Mustang. This thing is the love child of a fusion and escape aimed square at the soccer mom, who’s gonna cruise it to the mall. You should’ve called this thing the EDGE-E that would’ve made more sense. I’m not one of those old guys that can’t see electric being the future, I know that’s been slowly happening. I’m sure people will enjoy this car and modify it to their own liking, but it’ll never be a Mustang it’s not a two door coupe, fastback or convertible. It’s a family hauler with some clever marketing/styling cues to pull the wool over sheeples eyes.

The Mustang is the only car that sold over half of a million cars in six months, and then hit a million in its first few years all because of Us (Mustang Enthusiasts) try not to forget that Ford. Mustang is the only car that was supposed to be changed to a front wheel drive platform (see Ford Probe), however Ford was forced by Us to keep with the design of rwd, and was rewarded for their efforts in sales.

Mustang is the only brand in America to have a museum run and owned by Us (Mustang Enthusiasts). The Mustang has been featured in over 400 films, over 10 million Mustangs have been produced and sold you’re welcome Ford. There are enthusiasts (Us) on 5 continents who have made the Mustang a world car. So go ahead Ford turn your back on Us, I’ve never wanted to see you fail, but as you’ve stated with this atrocity times are changing. I’ve been a Ford guy my whole life, I’ve had numerous other models, but other brands are now starting to look appealing.

What you don’t understand is that you don’t own Mustang, Can’t wait to see you fall.

Reactions: nrc

Sponsored

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
My girlfriend texted me the link to the TV ad with Idris Elba last night.

Yeah, this is going to work for Ford. As company strategy it may be the smartest thing they've done in ages. GM will have to play catch-up - yes, they have an electric or two, but no one really cares.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
"an SUV with the heart of a mustang". Yet the video spot spent 80 seconds showing all the previous raucous gas-burning coups and fastback that are all easily identifiable as being Mustangs, and then cut to the SUV which is very obviously different. An electric Mustang that they showed at SEMA would have been the only correct answer to the "we need an electric car to stay relevant". Ford can build a high-performance SUV with EV drive-train, nobody is bitching about that. The ultimate sin is calling it a Mustang.

Here's a tip Ford Marketing dept, nobody gives a shit what "celebrity" you line up to endorse your product, that's not going to move the needle. Hell, calling it a Mustang is unlikely to help the cause either and in the mean time you've royally ticked off people who actually care about the heritage.

Do the people running the show really think nothing is sacred anymore? I'll go camp out at Ford HQ demanding they build a 2022 Mustang - Expedition, because, why the hell not?

Should have hooked up a team of Mustangs (are they still mustangs if domesticated to the bridle?) and pulled a engine-less car thru the streets at the head of the column. What could be more natural and 'eco' than using genuine horse power? It eats grass and sh*ts fertilizer. Nice, clean carbon cycle.

Reactions: nrc

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
"an SUV with the heart of a mustang". Yet the video spot spent 80 seconds showing all the previous raucous gas-burning coups and fastback that are all easily identifiable as being Mustangs, and then cut to the SUV which is very obviously different. An electric Mustang that they showed at SEMA would have been the only correct answer to the "we need an electric car to stay relevant". Ford can build a high-performance SUV with EV drive-train, nobody is bitching about that. The ultimate sin is calling it a Mustang.

Here's a tip Ford Marketing dept, nobody gives a shit what "celebrity" you line up to endorse your product, that's not going to move the needle. Hell, calling it a Mustang is unlikely to help the cause either and in the mean time you've royally ticked off people who actually care about the heritage.

Do the people running the show really think nothing is sacred anymore? I'll go camp out at Ford HQ demanding they build a 2022 Mustang - Expedition, because, why the hell not?

Should have hooked up a team of Mustangs (are they still mustangs if domesticated to the bridle?) and pulled a engine-less car thru the streets at the head of the column. What could be more natural and 'eco' than using genuine horse power? It eats grass and sh*ts fertilizer. Nice, clean carbon cycle.
How dare you think of enslaving horses!!! And grass has feelings too!! #grasslivesmatter

Obviously sarcasm and pointedly forgetting that we've been using animals for many things for eons. Happy Holidays!!

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Almost all car commercials are emotional nonsense. It's most probably an effective ad. But they're definitely selling it on the heritage and affection for the Mustang, which makes it vanishingly unlikely they'll change course.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Almost all car commercials are emotional nonsense. It's most probably an effective ad. But they're definitely selling it on the heritage and affection for the Mustang, which makes it vanishingly unlikely they'll change course.

They are more like "selling out the Mustang heritage".

Sponsored

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Meh. I feel that way about the Cayenne but Porsche seems to be okay.

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Okay.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
It belongs to Ford they'll do what they want to with it unfortunately
Of course ... and Ford is making themselves look pretty stupid when it comes to selling out the Mustang Heritage.

From the video: "And just when you think you know where they're going ... they do something unexpected".

"Unexpected" should really be replaced with the word "idiotic".

This EV doesn't need the Mustang name to succeed, the only thing that labeling it as "Mustang" does is sell out and dilute Mustang's heritage.
Sponsored