Sponsored

Last year for V8 2024 (and Mach-E discussion) via Ford Performance conference call

Snake Plissken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
While I can't speak for anyone else on this message board but myself..., I'll out on a limb and say guys like Silver Bullet and MikeyV are like me in one key regard:

My words and my actions match. I don't have one set of beliefs and a set of contradictory actions.

Yes, I believe the "evidence" of climate change is complete horse-shit, and therefore I live my life as such. I drive a gas-guzzling V8 powered performance car, I race motorcycles, and I use every modern convenience I can that has been created (which is ALL of them) and developed by way of God's gift to man, which is of course, fossil fuels.

Personally I can't stand the hypocrites that claim to believe said horse-shit, preen about somehow "saving the planet" but then live their life fundamentally no different than I do. Distilled down, it's nothing more than pure narcissism.

yo ken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Wow, been away from this site for awhile. Some heavy reading here. Snake, I could not agree with you more. I'm burning as much fuel as I can before I leave this earth. Street car, race car, motorcycle, motorhome, lawnmower, weed wacker, chain saw, portable generator, and of course my home. I'm sure I left something out, but man do I love oil.

Last edited:

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Now imagine if they replaced all the trees we have cut down...about 3 trillion.....that would make it a wash based on your figures. I agree a process to capture may work, but it would need to simulate natural dispersal globally. You would need to do it so that the rates would be so not to disturb other environmental balances and not too concentrated in too small an area. Tricky indeed,
3 trillion trees ! Assuming 1 million people were working 24 hours a day and took 5 minutes to plant a tree that would still take 20 years (assuming you can actually find 3 trillion trees to plant).

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
When the majority of scientists on this planet agree on something, I am inclined to agree with them. I am willing to debate the consequences of climate change, most of the world though agrees that it IS happening....

PS: If the FACTS you are referring to were actually peer reviewed studies by credible scientist in the field than I would be more inclined to listen to them....
This is the key fact here. Peer reviewed and the work of experts in their field v some internet warrior who doesn't even know what he or she doesn't know.

It reminds me of this

Sponsored

OX1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Capri 5.0 Turbo, 17 Fusion Sport, 21 GT500 CFTP
Listen, I understand your desire to be on "the right side of history", but to me it's just moral preening. If you really believed this garbage, you'd live the life of someone who believed it. You don't and that's how the rest of us living in reality know it is all one big fraud.
This is the bottom line. The most ardent supporters of MMGW, don't really sacrifice much in their day to day life.
If burning coal on the front lawn was a free to get all your energy needs, they be burning that crap all day long.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I would be open to an electric 2 door coupe mustang. I would rather have a V8 though.

An electric motor can be a very potent powerplant for racing and fun.

It doesn't have the sound or feel of a V8 but it can scoot along very well on it's own merit.

Side note, I think Ford missed the mark with the mach e.
A future of various versions of a glorified EZ GO golf cart is what it all amounts to......no thanks, but probably inevitable.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
There is science and then there is the interpretation of science. Two scientists can look at identical data and come with totally different conclusions. For the sake of our conversation it doesn't mean anything. Governments and car manufacturers world wide have set forth a path that will see the eventual elimination of fossil fuel burning vehicles within the next century. So for now we have our gas guzzling V8's and we will hopefully have them for the foreseeable future. The bottom line is that the names will stay the same but the vehicles they are put on will change. 480 posts in this thread will change nothing. Now go out there and drive your Coyote's like you stole them :like::clap:

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
This is kinda funny people getting their ego’s all caught up in a car name. 1st world problems. So much wasted emotional energy...
Well, I guess it's a little like if your name was John and you suddenly gained a sister named Jane and people started confusing you with 'Jane'.

Norm

Last edited:

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
This is why I figured it was a misinterpretation. I've read/referred to this particular press release many times. One of the companies I am responsible for forecasting is M-B, so I spend a lot of time analyzing their future plans. This is what appears early on in the press release. A lot of people read this far and stop and mis-interpret what they have just read.

"By 2022 we will be bringing more than ten different all-electric vehicles to market. We will also be electrifying the entire Mercedes‑Benz portfolio and our customers will thus have the choice of at least one electric alternative in every Mercedes‑Benz model series, taking the total to 50 overall."

In the Mercedes vernacular, "electrifying" means everything will have some sort of electric motor.
Thanks for that.

So if the way I've been reading statements like that right, "electrifying the entire Mercedes‑Benz portfolio" only means that every M-B model series will have at least one electric alternative, one 'trim' that's some sort of EV. Not that EV will the only way to get a M-B car. I'd be good with that.

Norm

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Not a bad discussion but way off topic. The V8 is not dead in 2024. They may be more rare as a result that Ford is holding to the Paris Climate accord. (not the Green New Deal)

No one at Ford said they dont care about the enthusiast. The GT500 and the upcoming Mach 1 is scientific (see what I did there ;) ) proof of that

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I am going to ask again because I have forgotten your previous answer.... Have you ever truly experienced an EV like a Tesla? The acceleration is real.... The INSTANT power is real.
It is not "kool-aid" and points directly to my comment about having to actually experience one to understand it. Other benefits include true variable AWD, greatly improved handling and weight distribution, much better packaging (you can now make a mid engine sports car look without the mid engine engineering and platform, etc...) It frees up design to do things that currently were not possible (within budget).
So I had a little unplanned and mostly unwanted time on my hands the last couple of days. I apologize for digging back so many pages.

I happened to find these in the December issue of Grassroots Motorsports, that I believe are relevant to the conversation that's been mostly between you and me.

A Tesla Model 3 was driven to 1st place at SCCA's Solo Nationals this past fall. So yes, the potential is there, at least for short-durations of hard driving. But by way of counterpoint that's important to at least some of us, he really doesn't enjoy driving that same Tesla that got him to a national title. I completely understand where he's coming from, from different but relatable experiences of my own.

Norm

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
3 trillion trees ! Assuming 1 million people were working 24 hours a day and took 5 minutes to plant a tree that would still take 20 years (assuming you can actually find 3 trillion trees to plant).
You don't need to assume as it won't happen. As the population increases more space will be cleared and used. So basically it is a pipe dream to bring the earth back naturally to balance. This leaves it up to us humans whom have a propensity to f things up. I have no doubt that some man made device will be constructed to offsite things like CO2 and it will end up being just as harmful because someone found a way to profit off of it. Sorry for the gloom and doom. On the bright side none of use will need to live through whatever disasters are in store for the earth! :shock:. Sol enjoy life while you are still around and if it makes you feel warm and fuzzy, do your best to try to save it, absolutely no harm in trying.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
Not a bad discussion but way off topic. The V8 is not dead in 2024. They may be more rare as a result that Ford is holding to the Paris Climate accord. (not the Green New Deal)

No one at Ford said they dont care about the enthusiast. The GT500 and the upcoming Mach 1 is scientific (see what I did there ;) ) proof of that
The GT500 was in the works before Hackett took over. The Mach 1 will be telling. If it's a parts bin and trim rehash of the Bullitt or a mild hybrid that is really driven by CAFE requirements then it will be a very bad sign.
Sponsored