Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
My salesman texted me this morning including a photo of him standing next to a new 500. This was the store's second order that really was my original order (I THINK,) before the Golden Ticket Disease shot me down.

Anyway, I wanted to see the car as you can imagine and the better half and I drove out there late this afternoon.

We had to walk a ways back to the innards of the dealership where the car prep guys live but I didn't know this at the time so I was scanning the rows of parked cars as we were walking.

It was then that I realized where we were and the second I saw that hood vent, I froze in my tracks...no kidding. I think I even held my breath. Took me by surprise but as soon as I got close, it dawned on me that it's just another vehicle. Granted, a very special one but a vehicle nonetheless. I calmed down a little after that. <smile>

I really didn't even want to touch the car and honestly, really didn't. The two salesman were eager to show it off and the sound, indoors at least with the bay doors open, was pure Heaven, folks...pure Heaven. And I knew the diameter of the tips but until you see them in person, you don't really get a feel for their size.

They drove it to get gas earlier in the day and both drivers (to and from I guess,) said it was a dream to drive and they would have no problem taking a road trip in it.

The owner is coming in Sunday and no kidding, spending the night with that salesman that took all the grief from the fella who was hell-bent on getting an MSRP deal, then driving the car back to his home here in Texas somewhere on Monday.

I know many of you have seen or even driven the car, but I wanted to share this first experience with those who haven't "been there" yet. It really was physically moving. Either that, or I've become an old softy...I don't know. :-)

I do hate loading the forum down with moderately-large images and could post links to them online, but I think folks here wanna see it right now, ifyouknowwhatImeanVern. :-)

It's Kona Blue with white stripes, no HP.

Oh yeah, the front brakes...these, like the exhaust tips, grab you with their size. So, I asked my wife to hold her hand across the caliper and that's the last photo. :-)

BTW, to my knowledge, this is not a forum member's vehicle. And with the lawyer stuff out of the way, here's the car.

access-first-gt500_01_1920.jpg
access-first-gt500_02_1920.jpg
access-first-gt500_04_1920.jpg
access-first-gt500_05_1920.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

MadMax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 Antimatter Blue GT500 CFTP
A
My salesman texted me this morning including a photo of him standing next to a new 500. This was the store's second order that really was my original order (I THINK,) before the Golden Ticket Disease shot me down.

Anyway, I wanted to see the car as you can imagine and the better half and I drove out there late this afternoon.

We had to walk a ways back to the innards of the dealership where the car prep guys live but I didn't know this at the time so I was scanning the rows of parked cars as we were walking.

It was then that I realized where we were and the second I saw that hood vent, I froze in my tracks...no kidding. I think I even held my breath. Took me by surprise but as soon as I got close, it dawned on me that it's just another vehicle. Granted, a very special one but a vehicle nonetheless. I calmed down a little after that. <smile>

I really didn't even want to touch the car and honestly, really didn't. The two salesman were eager to show it off and the sound, indoors at least with the bay doors open, was pure Heaven, folks...pure Heaven. And I knew the diameter of the tips but until you see them in person, you don't really get a feel for their size.

They drove it to get gas earlier in the day and both drivers (to and from I guess,) said it was a dream to drive and they would have no problem taking a road trip in it.

The owner is coming on Sunday and no kidding, spending the night with that salesman that took all the grief from the fella who was hell-bent on getting an MSRP deal, then driving the car back to his home here in Texas somewhere on Monday.

I know many of you have seen or even driven the car, but I wanted to share this first experience with those who haven't "been there" yet. It really was physically moving. Either that, or I've become an old softy...I don't know. :-)

I do hate loading the forum down with moderately-large images and could post links to them online, but I think folks here wanna see it right now, ifyouknowwhatImeanVern. :-)

Oh yeah, the front brakes...these, like the exhaust tips, grab you with their size. So, I asked my wife to hold her hand across the caliper and that's the last photo. :-)

BTW, to my knowledge, this is not a forum member's vehicle. And with the lawyer stuff out of the way, here's the car.

Awesome post! I haven’t been able to see one in person either yet as my car will be my first glimpse. I’m thinking I’ll be struck in awe as well.

Bangarang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic Silver GT 500 (L0545), 2018 Ford Raptor, 2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX-V6 6-Speed

The owner is coming on Sunday and no kidding, spending the night with that salesman that took all the grief from the fella who was hell-bent on getting an MSRP deal, then driving the car back to his home here in Texas somewhere on Monday.

Thanks for the pics KB. I’m going by my local dealer tomorrow, who has a 500 in this exact spec they just got delivered, to take a peek when I schedule some maintenance on my Raptor. I didn’t buy mine from them as they always ask ridiculous ADM and I’m waiting to see what they are wanting on this one.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Ah yes, the dreaded golden ticket disease..... what will we do, oh dred.....

I feel sorry for the ones who settled for a base

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Still waiting for my first sighting.
Probably be a while where I live.

Sponsored

ParsonsWV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2002 C5
Ah yes, the dreaded golden ticket disease..... what will we do, oh dred.....

Wouldn't say I settled for a base. Closest road course near me is 3 hours away. Closest drag strip is 30 minutes. When I graduate my program I will be working weekend nightshifts. Takes away most events at tracks already but much more likely to take a day I have off on a weekend and go 30 minutes instead of 3 hours. Also most of my miles will come on the street which CFTP gives me no bonus benefits. Except maybe more attention and more people in 2000 civics trying to race me.

OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Tom...

My comment was not meant to discriminate, I was trying to convey my original disappointment with the game. You already know I have no plans to take the car to the track but shouldn't we all be able to purchase that which we have the means to purchase?

Heck, you've certainly seen mucho expensive supercars driving around the streets of LA or perhaps even where you live. I wanted a Snack Pack from the getgo and I was fortunate enough to be in the right place at the right time.

So please, cut the old man here some slack, he wasn't denigrating anyone.

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome car, but beyond my reach, so I continue building my pony to track one day. My dealer is an IMSA driver and he better have ordered one as well. I wanna see the Snake in person as well.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Tom...

My comment was not meant to discriminate, I was trying to convey my original disappointment with the game. You already know I have no plans to take the car to the track but shouldn't we all be able to purchase that which we have the means to purchase?

Heck, you've certainly seen mucho expensive supercars driving around the streets of LA or perhaps even where you live. I wanted a Snack Pack from the getgo and I was fortunate enough to be in the right place at the right time.

So please, cut the old man here some slack, he wasn't denigrating anyone.
It was supposed to be funny and tie into the DTV settlers commercial. You guys need to relax.

Sponsored

toothdkdr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
david
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R oxford white

The owner is coming in Sunday and no kidding, spending the night with that salesman that took all the grief from the fella who was hell-bent on getting an MSRP deal, then driving the car back to his home here in Texas somewhere on Monday.

Hi KB, great pics, I am hopping with in the next few months I will be in that exact location taking pics of my car, if all goes according to plan.

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I saw my first one in person on Thursday, a white one on a dyno. They are better looking in person. I wish it wan't up on the dyno so i could have put my GT350 next to it.