\dave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 S550 ecoboost convertible, F150, Lincoln Continental
Thanks for the info, shogun32.
The 4 pots aren't exotic. You can buy them anywhere now.
I bought new take off calipers and bought my own rotors etc.
Thanks for the help guys. But I need just a bit more hand holding...

I looked through the links Shogun32 sent, and the factory info the suppliers use list what looks like all of the different parts of the various brake set-ups with all the same graphics and descriptions that don't help much. Further, all of the parts are listed as applicable to all Mustangs. I think, not sure, that I figured out which calipers, but that's it, So I called one of the suppliers and the guy told me he couldn't tell me which parts come on what application without a VIN. In other words, I can't just say which front brake parts by their generic name that I want that fit a base 2019 Mustang GT (like I might do at a parts store).

So, it looks like I need to get a base Mustang GT VIN (no problem - I can pull one from a window sticker on the net) and develop a list of parts (with your oversight). So here's the list of parts that I think I'll need. For you guys who have done this swap (base GT for base ecoboost front brakes), does this list look right? Thanks in advance...

rotors
calipers
caliper retaining clips
pads
hoses
splash shields
fasteners?
Sponsored

Paul.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT TT
All you need to do is shoot an email to one of the guys at Levittown or Tasca and say "I want to swap the brakes on my Eco car to (insert whatever)" and they'll reply with a full quote of every part you need and a price. Those guys know their stuff.

Paul.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the info, shogun32.

Thanks for the help guys. But I need just a bit more hand holding...

I looked through the links Shogun32 sent, and the factory info the suppliers use list what looks like all of the different parts of the various brake set-ups with all the same graphics and descriptions that don't help much. Further, all of the parts are listed as applicable to all Mustangs. I think, not sure, that I figured out which calipers, but that's it, So I called one of the suppliers and the guy told me he couldn't tell me which parts come on what application without a VIN. In other words, I can't just say which front brake parts by their generic name that I want that fit a base 2019 Mustang GT (like I might do at a parts store).

So, it looks like I need to get a base Mustang GT VIN (no problem - I can pull one from a window sticker on the net) and develop a list of parts (with your oversight). So here's the list of parts that I think I'll need. For you guys who have done this swap (base GT for base ecoboost front brakes), does this list look right? Thanks in advance...

rotors
calipers
caliper retaining clips
pads
hoses
splash shields
fasteners?

You don't need a VIN. Go to any Ford Parts online catalog. Look up a '19 Mustang GT and order the parts (non performance pack of course).

But I wouldn't personally spend the extra money for "ford" parts.

From FairwayFordParts

upload_2019-12-19_10-50-17.png

Add $100 in caliper core charges.

Me personally I'd buy the 4 piston calipers from a wrecked car or new take offs. Raybestos sells the rebuild kits for cheap (just seals).
Sponsored