Sponsored

Mechanical Car Washes: Who uses them and how does the S550 fare?

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I use an automatic wash occasionally, mostly without issue--but the one thing I would suggest watching out for, is anything which has a specific "wheel cleaning" feature. I think either the wheel cleaning brushes and/or the chemicals involved, have done...something...to the black rocker panel trim at the bottom of the body under each door. It's kind of like it's been scuffed or stained.
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I use an automatic wash occasionally, mostly without issue--but the one thing I would suggest watching out for, is anything which has a specific "wheel cleaning" feature. I think either the wheel cleaning brushes and/or the chemicals involved, have done...something...to the black rocker panel trim at the bottom of the body under each door. It's kind of like it's been scuffed or stained.

My one I posted on, its a microfiber spinning brush, that's constently cleaned, has a blacking agent on it to shine the wheels too. Ive been using them on both my cars with powder coated wheels for a long time, not a single scratch or chip. Keep in mind these are brand new washes, all using the newest items out.

Older ones, may still be utilizing not as great equipment as its not cost proactive to swap or upgrade.