2020 GT500 CFTP Destroys C8 Corvette - Motortrend Comparison Review

ecohorsie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
What's so dumb about comparing 2 expensive halo cars that are available roughly at the same time. I certainly have been wondering if I had lots of cash what would I prefer, a GT500 or C8
A friend is actually thinking of a new GT500 but thought the C8 was a better deal. He is a Ford guy so not likely he'll go Chevy anytime soon but anytime you have Chevy's best and Ford's best (I'm ruling out Ford GT due to extreme cost) they should and will be compared
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Good read. Both are amazing cars in their own ways. 5-10 years down the road the GT500 will be the better investment, no doubt it will hold its value better then the mass produced C8. Its nice to finally see American cars getting the credit they deserve competing with the snobby, exotic, foreign rivals that cost 3-4x as much.

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Here is a (fast) Friend driving a 1LE around VIR to 1:59.00
Check out this guys channel, hes a former pro racer (not sure if he still does it as a job, but he's a coach):
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0P7PQmrXXFb3TPAz_nf3wA
Most recent vid is pretty crazy, almost wrecks a 600LT which isnt his, and was able to slide the car between two other off the track cars. The guy's times are up there with randy pobst (maybe even better?), so I consider him pro level.

the5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT
Check out this guys channel, hes a former pro racer (not sure if he still does it as a job, but he's a coach):
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0P7PQmrXXFb3TPAz_nf3wA
Most recent vid is pretty crazy, almost wrecks a 600LT which isnt his, and was able to slide the car between two other off the track cars. The guy's times are up there with randy pobst (maybe even better?), so I consider him pro level.
Ive Raced against Randy before, No offense to the channel you linked but he is not faster than Randy or a Pro driver.

Sponsored

the5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT
Guessing the car is not stock. At least it doesn’t sound stock to me and I have some seat time in a ZLE.
Just asked
"Bolton’s, aftermarket aero, Hoosier A7s... it prob has 1:55s in it. That was literally my second lap in the car and I didn’t want to push too hard with the owner as a passenger
1f602.png
"

1mic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ive Raced against Randy before, No offense to the channel you linked but he is not faster than Randy or a Pro driver.
Probably need to review his times, hes done a lap faster than what Randy did in a GT3RS at laguna seca. The difference is this guy is doing it in a customers car, not a car provided by Porsche or factory, where factory can supply almost unlimited tires for unlimited laps.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Based on what was written in the article, I think the base GT500 will be faster than the Z51 + mag ride C8 on small tracks as well - at least for non-pro drivers. The GT500 was said to be more predictable and less likely to over steer in slower corners.

the5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT
Probably need to review his times, hes done a lap faster than what Randy did in a GT3RS at laguna seca. The difference is this guy is doing it in a customers car, not a car provided by Porsche or factory, where factory can supply almost unlimited tires for unlimited laps.
From this video Below, his "friend" drove it. Also I cant find Randy's time with a 991.2 Gt3rs.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
N/A vs Supercharged. Why not compare the GT500 to a Miata?

Wait for the Z06 or ZR1 before making such comparisons. Not to take anything away from either amazing car but lets get serious here.
chevy won’t have a turbo or supercharged version. The z06bwill be a hybrid. 5.3 with 2 electric motors to drive the front wheels. But I see your point regardless.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
chevy won’t have a turbo or supercharged version. The z06bwill be a hybrid. 5.3 with 2 electric motors to drive the front wheels. But I see your point regardless.
There's been rumbling of a frame twisting Zora version. That'll be the boosted version. My guess is that'll probably come in around 150k.

1mic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Link to this info. I thought they were saving the hybrid for the ZR1.

ZRacerLE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2 & ZLE A10
I predict the Z06 will be TT and the ZR1 will be a hybrid TT

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
There's been rumbling of a frame twisting Zora version. That'll be the boosted version. My guess is that'll probably come in around 150k.
living outside of vehicle City and between flint and Detroit where a lot of gym engineers live I get to talk to people close to development. According to an engineer working on And testing the upcoming z06 It’s going to be 2 electric motors fro the front and a 5.3l. I trust the information.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
living outside of vehicle City and between flint and Detroit where a lot of gym engineers live I get to talk to people close to development. According to an engineer working on And testing the upcoming z06 It’s going to be 2 electric motors fro the front and a 5.3l. I trust the information.
I believe the magazine also reported that for the ZO6. The top level vette call it zora or ZR1 is the one im refering to
Sponsored