Sponsored

Last year for V8 2024 (and Mach-E discussion) via Ford Performance conference call

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
I don’t give a f what some millennial shit and the brain dead seniors at ford thinks..that electric Mazda will never be a mustang. Green new deal...yeah ok. That will hopefully die as soon as we get ocrazio out of Congress. When the v8 goes, the Mustang is dead...I would not buy an electric one...don’t care how fast it is.
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
bro, there was a chart just posted that showed the last 4.500 years of climate change. Only the last 200 years has there been industry!.

Climate change is not man-made..!

Again, just One volcanic explosion (like St Helen's), is more pollutants than ALL combustion and Industry since mankind. And one direct solar flare/sunspot has decade long effects on planet earth.

YOU are the one being handed a ton of eco-liberal-sh!t...! We can't stop solar flares, nor volcanoes and the transfer of carbons from earth to atmosphere and back has been going on for millions and millions of years. There are entire cities under water now, that weren't thousands of years ago....

How in the phuk do you explain that, when those people didn't have airplanes, cars or fossil fuels...?

The earth Temperature is not static.... believing it is, is like believing the earth is flat.
Shogun32 asked us to move this part of the conversation to the off topic forum. I am going to respect his wishes.

OX1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Capri 5.0 Turbo, 17 Fusion Sport, 21 GT500 CFTP
The more V8’s the better. I’d love to see that engine in the Kia Stinger GT.
Wonder if the new 7.3 fits. Not going to be high HP, but plenty of torque for a DD..........

Sponsored

Snake Plissken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
...and the transfer of carbons from earth to atmosphere and back has been going on for millions and millions of years. There are entire cities under water now, that weren't thousands of years ago....

How in the phuk do you explain that, when those people didn't have airplanes, cars or fossil fuels...?
I am still waiting for archaeologists to find the fossilized remains of the SUV's the woolly mammoths were driving that caused the warming that ended the last ice age. ('cuz CO2 emissions are how ALL climate warming happens)

I have no problem with EV cars. Hell, if the price were down to where ICE cars are, I might by one as a commuter/work car.

BUT..., for a performance car? No 'effing way. The SOUND/FEEL are two of the biggest reasons to own a performance car.

Yes, 0-60 and 1/4 mile times are nice, but I need a performance car to tingle all the pleasure centers in my brain, not just the one receiving input from acceleration and/or velocity. And a purely EV performance car is not going to cut it, I don't care how quick/fast it is.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
I'll be ordering the final Mustang V8 and that for sure will be a collector's car in the future. Still won't hold a candle to a 67 Mustang, but still something 30 years from now.
I had hoped to get a "Last of the V8s" model just to be a contrarian but I won't buy anything new from Ford for as long as this stupidity persists.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
The reality is Fords stock is a mess and the rollout of the Explorer was a disaster. I don’t see the current CEO and leaders lasting another 12-18 months and the reality is by 2024 there will be all new leadership.

They are clueless. The Mach E is actually a good vehicle by its own merits but by calling it a Mustang it’s now generating a lot of negativity. It won’t help them sell it or put s dent in Tesla.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
I had hoped to get a "Last of the V8s" model just to be a contrarian but I won't buy anything new from Ford for as long as this stupidity persists.
Maybe the creators of mad max were onto something when they made their "last of the v8 interceptor" a Ford

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
Maybe the creators of mad max were onto something when they made their "last of the v8 interceptor" a Ford
Exactly. Flat black, super charger through the hood, big ass fuel tanks hanging out the back... Just the thing for the supposed eco-apocalypse.

Sponsored

CrashOverride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I tell them you can't hack a mainframe but they don't listen... until it's too late. But, that's a whole other topic.
You are so right. I had a buddy that worked for a bank, they used some proprietary GUI "Feel good" system. Not sure what kind of system or database it sat on, but it crashed daily. Fast forward a few years, buddy moved to another bank. "Their program is so archaic, it looks like DOS"

(Me) "Is it all text based, fixed width fonts, using function keys and so on?"

(Buddy) "Yeah, it's awful"

(Me) "You will love it in a few days. Yes they are old and clunky, and they make you talk to them in their own language, but they are FAST and the don't break"

A couple of weeks go by and buddy asks why they ever went away from it to GUI's. He loved the mainframe.

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
The problem with modern car companies is that they are no longer run by "car" people(think Bob Lutz, Lee Iacocca etc.). Ford's CEO came from the furniture industry and GM's CEO came from their Human Resources dept-yeah what would she know about cars-but they pay her $20m a year anyway.

Modern car companies don't care what enthusiasts(and the people who pay the salary) think. They probably don't give a damn about cars period!

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
The other speculation I’ll contribute and it’s more firm than sticky are the decision brain trust doesn’t even know how long they’ll keep the V8. All that’s been decided is business as usually and it will not happen prior to the next generation mustang. They’re in early stages of testing new platforms.
Sorry to bring this thread back to discussing future Mustangs and the V8, but....... (seriously, take the environmental/political discussion to the correct forum section, please!)

Sigma6.......we've seen VERY little evidence of the next-gen Mustang. If you're a man-in-the-know is there anything else you can share about the new platforms? CD6-based? Timescales for seeing it? :like:

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
02’ 360, 06’ GT, 11’ GT500, 15’ 911, 17’ 350
Sorry to bring this thread back to discussing future Mustangs and the V8, but....... (seriously, take the environmental/political discussion to the correct forum section, please!)

Sigma6.......we've seen VERY little evidence of the next-gen Mustang. If you're a man-in-the-know is there anything else you can share about the new platforms? CD6-based? Timescales for seeing it? :like:
Your guess is as good as mine. It’s about as fluid as it gets, still at the project board stages. Least that what I’ve gathered. That’s why the next gen was pushed back. Don’t want to launch a mustang because it’s been x long with current gen. I mean, the current platform is being staged so it might outrun the run of Fox Body Generations. And with that Ford is happy. They keep making minor tweaks over the years to fix last years bugs. What’s fluid and coming under heavy discussions is possible new transmission and drive trains options. Pair this with evolution of government standards and what the government is isn’t regulated. People are Leary to put their eggs in one basket. If things are still loose, you’ll see less. If things get tighter a hybrid will be implemented. They’re making the Mustang Evolve to fit more than just 1 niche of people.

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Your guess is as good as mine. It’s about as fluid as it gets, still at the project board stages. Least that what I’ve gathered. That’s why the next gen was pushed back. Don’t want to launch a mustang because it’s been x long with current gen. I mean, the current platform is being staged so it might outrun the run of Fox Body Generations. And with that Ford is happy. They keep making minor tweaks over the years to fix last years bugs. What’s fluid and coming under heavy discussions is possible new transmission and drive trains options. Pair this with evolution of government standards and what the government is isn’t regulated. People are Leary to put their eggs in one basket. If things are still loose, you’ll see less. If things get tighter a hybrid will be implemented. They’re making the Mustang Evolve to fit more than just 1 niche of people.
Look how long FCA have stretched the old Merc E class/Dodge challenger platform out. It’s certainly possible for Ford to keep fresh looking mustangs rolling off the line for a few more years so satisfy repeat customer demand. Styling changes and the occasional new transmission / engine option is easy. There’s loads of space in the engine bay for any hybrid power train thanks to it being designed to accept the coyote. However it’s far from the ideal EV platform with that long hood. EV’s work best on the battery sled architecture where occupants sit atop the battery and weight can be centralised. The s550 costs comparatively zero to keep in production as long as customers still buy them and legislators allow them to be sold. I suspect it will continue to be sold in markets where these conditions are met, but gradually pulled from markets like Scandinavia and Europe where high fuel prices and taxes are used by government to facilitate the switchover to EV. The mache thing is interesting for sure. Forget the branding for one moment. It shows the execs at ford have understood what the market wants, small suv, EV, space for 4 etc it’s near perfect. Agreed they made a total cock up of the branding. I suspect that was a loss leader though. Piss off some old folk who like v8’s but aren’t going to buy new EV’s anyway so who cares. Sell a dream of open highways and Bullitt to the millennials - the car buyers of today and the next 20 yrs. if it works it allows ford to cash in on a little heritage and secure its future as a car maker for 20 yrs. if it fails ford has no future in cars because the Germans, Koreans and Chinese do it better and cheaper - well maybe not the Germans:)
Sponsored