LastV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
1993 Fox 306, 2020 301A PP2
Vehicle Showcase
DAMN BRO. This is super shitty indeed! Praying that it is a simpler problem than the engine! I ordered a 2020 GT350R - was hesitant for many reasons, engine failure being a HUGE one (despite the "updated" block). Keep us all posted please!
Sponsored

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
OP, this is just another idea if they do approve you for a buy back but deny covering your ppf / ceramic coating my suggestion would be to see if they can swap the bumper, hood, and quarter panels to your new vehicle. I also assume you would want another white car tho. Just another approach to this.

GattmanLA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Shelby GT500 (SOLD)
Go buy back. You won't lose any money from the payments as the buyback is taken from the date and mileage of first occurrence. And with such low mileage they'll simply offer you a full refund. But you won't get, money back for the tint or PPF. They don't refund on after market unfortunately. I lost thousand on full PPF, tint etc. I just went through that. Actually had two buy backs. A 350 & 350R.

GattmanLA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Shelby GT500 (SOLD)
OP, this is just another idea if they do approve you for a buy back but deny covering your ppf / ceramic coating my suggestion would be to see if they can swap the bumper, hood, and quarter panels to your new vehicle. I also assume you would want another white car tho. Just another approach to this.
Thats not a bad idea. I wonder if they'll go for this? I guess it depends how long the dealer holds the car for before sending back to Ford and if the new car is immediately available (and the same color). I think this is also at the dealers discretion. They may charge labor to get that done.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
You had me up to the quarters....

Sponsored

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
Sure, get the cutting torch out and cut them out......some bondo and pop rivets, it can be done.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
… then you can fill out the paperwork to get that one bought back also.

RJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - K1393
Also, what kind of flat bed doesn't carry 2x6 planks to help lowered cars up their flatbed.
I spent several years driving a rollback as a means to pay for college.

Our company was in San Diego and we had dealership contracts with Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati, Porsche, etc.

I had an entire assortment of "cheater boards" on my truck to soften the angle of the bed for very low cars.

If I even thought the front spoiler/splitter was going to contact my bed, I would put an old sling strap underneath the entire assembly and let it slide off the bed riding on that.

Any driver that would let the front end scrape going off the bed either isn't trained and/or doesn't care about your car.

I'm glad I read all this though because now I will add "Does your rollback carry the proper equipment to load and unload a lowered car?" if I ever have to call a tow.

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
Not even 2000 miles... Come on ford...

But hey this is why we have warranties. They'll take care of it. But yeah tgats some bullshit

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
Not even 2000 miles... Come on ford...

But hey this is why we have warranties. They'll take care of it. But yeah tgats some bullshit
Yea and hopefully the dealership is competent and know what they're doing and don't scratch car all up or not get everything hooked back up right if a new engine on a new car is needed. I also agree on the bullshit!

Sponsored

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
Yea and hopefully the dealership is competent and know what they're doing and don't scratch car all up or not get everything hooked back up right if a new engine on a new car is needed. I also agree on the bullshit!
How do you fuck up an engine swap though lol especially on a S550...

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Any driver that would let the front end scrape going off the bed either isn't trained and/or doesn't care about your car.

I'm glad I read all this though because now I will add "Does your rollback carry the proper equipment to load and unload a lowered car?" if I ever have to call a tow.
Its clear Shogun just has a "fuck your low GT350" hater attitude.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
The tow truck driver was incompetent, He should have used a 2x4 or a 4x4 to a 2x4 to pavement method.