Sponsored

Last year for V8 2024 (and Mach-E discussion) via Ford Performance conference call

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Easy. As one new industry pops up, it creates a bunch of jobs designed to support/maintain that new industry.
That's the way it's supposed to work. Trouble seems to be that the workers who get displaced usually end up being the ones least suited to working in the new industry.

Norm
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
without some major, MAJOR technological breakthroughs
that's what the Ford patent app for the "all glass" roof is for. Embedded solar cells to charge your car as it sits on the top floor of the parking garage or otherwise out in the blazing sun. By then Ford will have solved it's paint shop problems too! I wonder if they files a process patent for that.
/sarc

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
And what do you call a world run by corporations that can just send a few kickbacks to officials and get away with whatever they want or have any regulation they want voted down or in? Cuz you know, I really want McDonalds having influence on if my cousin is allowed to marry her GF or not.

Nice example is the current FCC. Not doing shit for people, but sucking a LOOOOT of huge ISP dick.
I agree with your comments on this as well.

It seems to be too easy for our politicians to become corrupt and ZERO politicians have been punished for taking money. Biden and Clinton two obvious examples. I think there are probably a bunch of Republicans that should be in jail, as well, but I don't have anything specific on them. I think there should be a lot more oversight on these people.

The problem is really bad in the unelected people in the government as well - the swamp is terrible.

It will be very difficult to reduce government size and reduce the bribes politicians can take. The people that get into office want the power and money, and very few of them are going to go without it. I can really only think of a single person who is donating their pay rather than taking it.

So what you are going to tell your grandchildren when gas cost $25 a gallon because there simply is not enough easily accessible oil supply? What do you tell them when the world has no solution because the technology that could have existed was thrown away because it "cost to much", "was a danger to freedom", and was being developed because of "leftest propaganda"?

The short short-sightedness that exists on this site is incredible....
It's better to use the oil while it's cheap and then as the oil gradually becomes more difficult to get and more expensive, then other technologies will make sense. Very foolish to pay billions to use another method while oil is still cheap and there is still hundreds of years' worth of oil in the ground. It's just another way of shipping all our money overseas to other countries that will continue to (wisely) use oil while it is cheap.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Trouble seems to be that the workers who get displaced usually end up being the ones least suited to working in the new industry.
And the executives that should be in jail from their previous dealings are getting multi million dollar payouts.... That is not a problem with technology, its a problem with culture....

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
It's better to use the oil while it's cheap and then as the oil gradually becomes more difficult to get and more expensive, then other technologies will make sense. Very foolish to pay billions to use another method while oil is still cheap and there is still hundreds of years' worth of oil in the ground. It's just another way of shipping all our money overseas to other countries that will continue to (wisely) use oil while it is cheap.
There might be hundreds of years worth of oil in the ground but there is really only about 20-50 years of easily accessible/CHEAP oil left. That is not alot of time for a civilization that is completely dependent on that fuel source.

Sponsored

Copperhead73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible PP1, A10, Mag, B&O, A/E, S&S
And
And the executives that should be in jail from their previous dealings are getting multi million dollar payouts.... That is not a problem with technology, its a problem with culture....
And the companies that should fire them for cause get multi-BILLION dollar bailouts.

I will also add that if you want to get the money and corruption out of government, you have to address why it is there in the first place. It is because that is where all the power is. Government controls pretty much everything and is working to control anything it doesn't. It wasn't supposed to be that way.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
You're citing a site run by a single right wing sided "independent thinker" named Tony that is also just quoting the internet and OTHER peoples work while promoting Coal with 0 climate science study under his belt other than the Internet? Yeah... hes definitely not getting paid by someone...

I got a guy next door that never worked or studied in a hospital but hes damn sure he can take your appendix outc cuz he's read a lot. Trust him too?
You really ought to do a little more homework on the subject. Do you really think man can control the earth's climate? If so, I'm sure real facts don't mean a lot to you. Once again, look at the big picture, not just those "facts" that support an agenda. I'm guessing Al Gore is one of your heroes.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Look how quickly smartphones dominated the world landscape. 10 years ago, the majority still had flip/feature phones.
Indeed. But notice also the almost utter lack of any regulation stipulating what form factors will be permitted, what battery tech they have to use, what screen features must be present.

The electronics industry is by in large the best example of what unbridled commerce can achieve if left alone to innovate as fast as widespread competition engenders. Don't get me wrong, there's ALL KINDS of very serious problems with the software side of the house. And gadget recycling is a toxic cesspool of environmental arbitrage. But from the narrow lens of consumer benefit be it price, features, availability, and empowerment, it has few equal.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Not sure why there are so many doomsayers in the world...a few of them reside here. Oil reserves will never ever run out. Also the price will rise and then start to fall as its dependence will wane over time. There won't ever be a oil crisis where it is so important and so expensive (at least due to there being enough or not). The reason for this is that there are already many options and types of energy to choose from for the future. Some of them will be dead ends or niche and others will replace oil and each other. Yes the writing is on the wall that oil burning engines are nearing there EOL usefulness, but to think that the pace we are on already needs to be sped up to avoid some catastrophic disaster from lack of available oil is ludicrous. There used to be many eco activists that used this point as leverage, but it was proven to be untrue. Now it is only about the environment itself the activists use and even that is only partly true. You can do your own search for what is predicted as far as price, but the EIA has predicted that oil will be in the $100-110 price rage between 2030-2050. Just to summarize, the current pace of alternate fuel adoption guided by affordability (at some point it will be price parity with oil), which will ease and eventually eliminate the use of oil for most forms of transportation. The next 50-80 years will see us go through this transformation. So for many, you should put your worries more on your own life and your family and stop being so darned worried about something that won't happen. As a side note, there is no problem with trying to convert to alternative fuels now. It will certainly cost you more, now, but will help make it cheaper for those doing it 15 or 20 years from now.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So what you are going to tell your grandchildren when gas cost $25 a gallon because there simply is not enough easily accessible oil supply?
total strawman and debunked over and over. We've gone from 25 cent / gallon fuel to $3 fuel (12 fold increase) and civilization hasn't come to a screeching halt. Going another 6x is not going to lead to calamity. Though if you're sucking on the gov't teat, look what happens when the subsidies are taken away: Brazil, Iran, Iraq(?) etc.

If gasoline really does cost $25, something else (coal to fuel which the Germans used in WW2) or perhaps efficient fuel cells (nat gas to hydrogen, hydrazine?) will have been developed for the masses. Or the masses can afford $25/gal gasoline. Why would that be an impossible outcome? Otherwise you have Iran, Brazil et. al. all over again. Nothing says Electric is the only way forward. For a while it might be by stint of gov't imposed fiat, or maybe something else entirely that hasn't occurred to us yet - personal pebble bed nuclear reactors running on Thorium salts?

Sponsored

OX1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Capri 5.0 Turbo, 17 Fusion Sport, 21 GT500 CFTP
Very foolish to pay billions to use another method while oil is still cheap and there is still hundreds of years' worth of oil in the ground. It's just another way of shipping all our money overseas to other countries that will continue to (wisely) use oil while it is cheap.
Especially since you have China still going hog wild with coal.

https://www.npr.org/2019/04/29/716347646/why-is-china-placing-a-global-bet-on-coal

Not interested in strapping myself with huge increases in energy costs, if a good part of the world is going to
supposedly ruin the environment anyway.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
You really ought to do a little more homework on the subject. Do you really think man can control the earth's climate? If so, I'm sure real facts don't mean a lot to you. Once again, look at the big picture, not just those "facts" that support an agenda. I'm guessing Al Gore is one of your heroes.
You are a misguided if you think we cannot effect the climate. We are not controlling anything, but we are adversely effecting it. The real consequences of that remain to be seen. Ask yourself this, why have there been more Category 5 Hurricanes in the last 20 years than ever before? Why do we consistently have record breaking weather now more than ever? It is not just about rising sea levels (where were grossly overestimated in the 70-80s), it is about more energetic and unpredictable storms, it is about previously habitable areas becoming deserts, etc.... I don't think Earth will turn into Venus overnight due to our actions (like some still try and say), but we are adversely effecting weather and climate that could cause significant problems and cost LOTS of money in the future (already seeing that now with FEMA relief efforts).

Look at the data from an objective standpoint... Not a bias look from a left or right leaning news source who's "journalists" have absolutely no idea what they are looking at....

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, last year for V8 because they are going to introduce a V12 :crackup::crackup::crackup:

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Especially since you have China still going hog wild with coal.

https://www.npr.org/2019/04/29/716347646/why-is-china-placing-a-global-bet-on-coal

Not interested in strapping myself with huge increases in energy costs, if a good part of the world is going to
supposedly ruin the environment anyway.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/13/business/china-nuclear-climate-intl-hnk/index.html

China is investing in ANY power source..... That is not an indicator of anything. The US is still number 2 in global emissions and the next highest (India) emits less that half what we do.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
It's not utopia she's dreaming about - it's a dystopia. Hopefully we don't end up having to live in that world, because it would be terrible.
Unfortunately this is the road we are headed down. And its not because of AOC, the liberals or the conservatives. It's because we are not taking care of the one thing we cannot replace, our earth. Period. As a quick example, look at our infrastructure. Roads, bridges, etc. that are falling apart because there are insufficient funds to repair and replace them. Government, all governments worldwide need to take this seriously before the damage is irreversible. One or two electric cars here and there aren't going to change a thing until everyone begins to understand the gravity of the situation.
Sponsored