Sponsored

Installs On The Stage 2 Edelbrock 2650 Are Going Down!

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
Good to know and your seeing 11psi with the 3.75 (8rib)

Are u running anything mixed with the 93[/QUOTE ]
Data shows a bit over that at 7700, it's on the Sunday driver tune at 7200...little over 11...93 started with some boostane for insurance and worked our way back to straight 93...its adding 2 to 3 degrees across the pull....perfect trust me like someone dropped a big inch engine in it....
2 things imho you cant skip are the BriskRR12s plugs these are 2 steps colder than stock and a non projected tip boost plug ( imho only 1 step colder because how can the same heat range be right for 15-17 @ 175-185 psi cylinder pressure and 18up at 220-235 psi cylinder pressure making more power and turning more rpm...I noticed my latest long block had a heat range 7 in it from factory SO that's already one lower that stock 15-17 the brisk imho is ONE lower than 18up ( be like a NGK 8) or two lower than 15-17 ( which come with NGK 6 basically).....
And the exact tstat not all are equal imho
Sponsored

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
I won’t run more than 10lbs EVER. I guess going with the 47’s will work then, all I’d need to do is order 1 pulley size up to lower the boost back to 9-11psi
Yes and they Edelbrocks are back in stock.......it will be daily light and dark difference you cant even fathom how much better its gonna run even on less boost....

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Yes and they Edelbrocks are back in stock.......it will be daily light and dark difference you cant even fathom how much better its gonna run even on less boost....

I actually looked back at Nardi’s response and he said at those boost levels (9-10) the 47’s r good but he recommended the larger injector just in case I’d wanna wick it up later

Interesting

Last edited:

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
Yes if it's off it makes sense to go ahead and do it because its not pleasant to do on car...but trust me when we say DUDE you cannot even begin to comprehend, it will turn your car into an entirely new animal and I dont mean just raw power and ET...I mean balanced all over and smooth as silk....with everything flexible to your requirements the best money we have spent in years....cant believe we waited this long.......love me some Lund right now single handedly making enjoy a car available to me only 3 months of the 12 I've owned it....so big an improvement changed my bad attitude over night.....cant say good enough things.....dont have the words to articulate properly how they have changed my bleak 19 Mustang Ownership experience......

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Yeah, I think Lund takes the position that most people eventually want more and more power so they recommend the larger injectors from the get-go.

Sponsored

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Yeah, I think Lund takes the position that most people eventually want more and more power so they recommend the larger injectors from the get-go.
Yea in the end why not just put the DW95 in now, but I’m glad to hear how well a Lund tuned EB performs

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Stymee, keep in mind the Stage 2 EB uses a larger harmonic balancer so the SC pulley can be larger as well. The tuner kits use the stock balancer so you would need a 3.5 or 3.25 pulley to achieve the boost you want. Correct?

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
It makes total sense.....most would we on the other hand......are good for a LONG while hehe....famous last words....

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
Stymee, keep in mind the Stage 2 EB uses a larger harmonic balancer so the SC pulley can be larger as well. The tuner kits use the stock balancer so you would need a 3.5 or 3.25 pulley to achieve the boost you want. Correct?
Yes 3.25 is stock for the stock balancer but i REALLY recommend going with the 8 rib setup....they have a chart for boost...3.00 in a griptec pulley would work great....

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT

Yea I’m aware, Dalton told me I would go up to the next larger pulley (8rib) to achieve my 10ish psi.

The 8 rib still looks like a nice option but the balancer that comes on our cars is very good and I don’t think I’d wanna run anything else, Ford spent $$$ developing it.

6 rib at 10psi is fine with a griptec

Sponsored

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
Yea I’m aware, Dalton told me I would go up to the next larger pulley (8rib) to achieve my 10ish psi.

The 8 rib still looks like a nice option but the balancer that comes on our cars is very good and I don’t think I’d wanna run anything else, Ford spent $$$ developing it.

6 rib at 10psi is fine with a griptec
I agree on the balancer which seems to have an even newer revision to them on the newest 2 of my engines.....I hated pulling them but the belt shavings/shredding was just to much for me it was bad......100mphclub can attest to that as well......I dont pretend to know why except holding them both in my hand the 6 rib tensioner was like a toy compared to the 8....I could see PBH dude was having slip just under 3 inch on his 8 rib....I guess thats why DB uses the customer 10 rib option.....
I absolutely agree, especially on the newer long blocks the stock balancer looks like its well made to dampen vibrations!!! your combo and a 103tb 113 maf be sweet as well....as always hindsight is 20 20

OP
OP
Dalton@Evolution

Dalton@Evolution

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dalton
Vehicle(s)
First 2020 GT500 In Da 9z
3.25 with the 6-rib is 10-10.5 psi.

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
On a stock Stage 1 kit it makes 10ish but how much will boost increase with the 103tb and Edelbrock cold air kit?

I’d assume 1/2lb

Now you may be approaching 11psi, of course rpm plays a factor too with boost, I won’t ever shift my car over 7300, really don’t want more than 10psi and a stock shift point may help that, I see a lot of shops rev these things to the moon, not me, not on a stock opg/cs I won’t...

OP
OP
Dalton@Evolution

Dalton@Evolution

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dalton
Vehicle(s)
First 2020 GT500 In Da 9z
On a stock Stage 1 kit it makes 10ish but how much will boost increase with the 103tb and Edelbrock cold air kit?

I’d assume 1/2lb

Now you may be approaching 11psi, of course rpm plays a factor too with boost, I won’t ever shift my car over 7300, really don’t want more than 10psi and a stock shift point may help that, I see a lot of shops rev these things to the moon, not me, not on a stock opg/cs I won’t...
Boost pressure varies more then most would think. 10-11 psi is achieved with a 3.75 pulley and 103TB. You will see 11psi around 7,800-8,000.