Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I just wish we knew when we're likely to see Mach 1........or even if Ford will drop any hints prior to a full reveal. Perhaps they should invite The Rock back into their styling studios where renderings of the new Mach 1 might just be lurking in the background of his video :giggle:
Sponsored

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
I just wish we knew when we're likely to see Mach 1........or even if Ford will drop any hints prior to a full reveal. Perhaps they should invite The Rock back into their styling studios where renderings of the new Mach 1 might just be lurking in the background of his video :giggle:
The 2003/04 Mach 1 was introduced in the spring of 2002 at the new York Auto Show I believe. I would guess either the Chicago or New York shows if you had to pin me down on a timing for a full introduction. Maybe someone will leak something ahead of that. And yes, The Rock - go back to the design room, man :)

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
The 2003/04 Mach 1 was introduced in the spring of 2002 at the new York Auto Show I believe. I would guess either the Chicago or New York shows if you had to pin me down on a timing.
Well, the NYC show falls around Mustang's 56th birthday in April 2020, so that'd be nice :like:

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Indeed...that powertrain will likely make or break it for me. I'd love to have some visibility into that now.

canyon ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ED
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible Premium Auto W/PP1 NVRMADE
They are taking a page out of Dodges playbook.

Don’t change the bones of the car. Just make 72 different options and packages.

Once you have all the sunk cost of R&D out of the way, why not swap parts and make as many different trims and packages as people will buy?
Ford never offered what I built so that is a perfect example.

Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
The 2003/04 Mach 1 was introduced in the spring of 2002 at the new York Auto Show I believe. I would guess either the Chicago or New York shows if you had to pin me down on a timing for a full introduction. Maybe someone will leak something ahead of that. And yes, The Rock - go back to the design room, man :)
If its a 20201 car there are likely mules around already just not spotted.

Wasnt there a possible Mach1 Mule a while ago that had a larger front lip on it a bit ago? Or did that just turn out ot be the PP2 aero?

5.2 liters of democracy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
I think it would be fun to see a CPC 5.2 with the DCT from the GT500. I wouldn't trade my car in for it, but it would be a fun car slotted differently from the current options. I don't see that happening but it would be awesome.

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
If its a 20201 car there are likely mules around already just not spotted.

Wasnt there a possible Mach1 Mule a while ago that had a larger front lip on it a bit ago? Or did that just turn out ot be the PP2 aero?
There was this one............it could have been a prototype for the '20 Roush "Jack Roush" edition (that would make sense)..........but it could just as well be a Mach 1 prototype (that would make sense too!)
Spotted Prototype.jpg

NoReins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work in Progress
There was this one............it could have been a prototype for the '20 Roush "Jack Roush" edition (that would make sense)..........but it could just as well be a Mach 1 prototype (that would make sense too!)
Spotted Prototype.jpg
It could of been the Jack Roush Edition Mustang since they camo is on the fenders where the Fender Vents is and the rear spoiler due to the active spoiler

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Autoblog are now repeating the rumors.

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/12/16...YZ2p_RL88QaMZhjODVeWe47sxmvcP3JiVyAJHss2Itr1g

However.....they seem to think the next-gen car is coming in 2021 (they don't indicate calendar year or model year) and the Mach 1 may be based on this. I don't think so though....I think Mach 1 will be a last hurrah for S550.

"The next-generation pony car arrives in 2021 on its new modular platform
Since the original Mach 1 is known for its black shaker hood and scoop, black side stripes, black rear spoiler, and Magnum 500 wheels, we can expect modern renderings of those cosmetics should a 2021 Mustang Mach 1 arrive. And with the new Mustang's modular platform, it's possible such a car could be the first Mach 1 to offer all-wheel drive."

Sponsored

3ZERO3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Autoblog are now repeating the rumors.

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/12/16...YZ2p_RL88QaMZhjODVeWe47sxmvcP3JiVyAJHss2Itr1g

However.....they seem to think the next-gen car is coming in 2021 (they don't indicate calendar year or model year) and the Mach 1 may be based on this. I don't think so though....I think Mach 1 will be a last hurrah for S550.

"The next-generation pony car arrives in 2021 on its new modular platform
Since the original Mach 1 is known for its black shaker hood and scoop, black side stripes, black rear spoiler, and Magnum 500 wheels, we can expect modern renderings of those cosmetics should a 2021 Mustang Mach 1 arrive. And with the new Mustang's modular platform, it's possible such a car could be the first Mach 1 to offer all-wheel drive."
I could see the Mach 1 being a 2022 Model and having a couple year run (similar to the Bullitt) then S650 or heavily revised S550 coming in 2024. No way a new Chassis by 2021

Fetlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT MT
It would be interesting if they dropped in a v6 TT. About the same horsepower, but more torque. Less weight, so it might handle better...

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 Roushcharged F150, 2016 GT350R, 2013 Boss 302LS, 2009 GT/CS, 2000 Cobra R, 1995 Cobra R
Vehicle Showcase
Ford seems to like to keep to the original theme as much as possible when they bring back a classic. The original Mach1 was a performance luxury model, that is what I expect of the new one. 480 hp+- 15, ala Bullitt, shaker scoop, fancy interior and paint packages. Magneride option, BLIS option, fancy seats standard. Minus Recaros. That's my guess, take it for what it's worth.

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Ford seems to like to keep to the original theme as much as possible when they bring back a classic. The original Mach1 was a performance luxury model, that is what I expect of the new one. 480 hp+- 15, ala Bullitt, shaker scoop, fancy interior and paint packages. Magneride option, BLIS option, fancy seats standard. Minus Recaros. That's my guess, take it for what it's worth.
I'd be happy with that :like:
Sponsored