Cams

BrianGT2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 Mustang Eco Convertible
Does anyone have a dyno sheet comparison before and after cam install? I would like to see. I thought about getting me a set but I don't know.
Sponsored

Chad1986

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Does anyone have a dyno sheet comparison before and after cam install? I would like to see. I thought about getting me a set but I don't know.
What's your setup? I have a cj intake manifold, e85, lu47 injectors, and twin 65 Ford performance tb, and catless long tubes. I plan on doing a before and after Dyno when I put my cams in. I already hav a set of comp stage 3 sitting in the garage along with crank sprocket oil pump gear combo. I will also probably go to a big mono blade tb and different intake setup than I have now so results may be a bit biased towards the cams some.

OP
OP
BrianGT2015

BrianGT2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
I bought an 2018 intake manifold. I am debating going boosted or just motor. I have a tuner and exhaust right now. Plan on buying amd building after holidays

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I have Comp Cams on my car and I have a couple threads about my dyno results:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...esults-and-comparison-to-stage-3-cams.108268/

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...old-results-spoiler-alert-its-not-good.92074/

You're not going to pick up a ton of power, especially for the price, but if you're going to open up the engine for oil pump gears and/or a crank sprocket, it's not too difficult to do cams while you're already there. You're going to alter the power band quite a bit, so keep that in mind. I had better results on the stage 1 cams versus the stage 3 cams. My car has a GT350 manifold, Kooks green catted headers, Borla S-type catback, Roush CAI, and was tuned by Lund. Hope the info helps!

OP
OP
BrianGT2015

BrianGT2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
I have Comp Cams on my car and I have a couple threads about my dyno results:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...esults-and-comparison-to-stage-3-cams.108268/

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...old-results-spoiler-alert-its-not-good.92074/

You're not going to pick up a ton of power, especially for the price, but if you're going to open up the engine for oil pump gears and/or a crank sprocket, it's not too difficult to do cams while you're already there. You're going to alter the power band quite a bit, so keep that in mind. I had better results on the stage 1 cams versus the stage 3 cams. My car has a GT350 manifold, Kooks green catted headers, Borla S-type catback, Roush CAI, and was tuned by Lund. Hope the info helps!
After reading your post I do not believe I would be happy with cams. (WOW, I can't believe I just said that) Not really beneficial unless this is a dedicated track toy it seems. I really believe for me throwing on a blower or some turbos would be the right choice for me. This is something I love about the forms. You can learn from other peoples experiences both good and bad. I remember my cammed 3 valve. I loved that thing with the chop pity chop chop. Oh well, things change and times change. I'm not trying to do that dang ghost cam either.

Sponsored

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
Not really beneficial unless this is a dedicated track toy it seems. I really believe for me throwing on a blower or some turbos would be the right choice for me.
Yep. Too many cars, too many cams in 45 years and the right answer is boost. You can leave most of the other stuff alone as long as there's enough fuel to support the HP. Did a Whipple 2.3 on the 03 Cobra, with a stock long block. Made 610 to the tires and over 500 tq to the tires from 2500 to 5700. All while idling like the stocker it was and great street manners. Never a driveability issue hot or cold. Happy with the new to me 16 BC it was already VMP 2.3 boosted and the P O left all the other stuff alone, OK, well not the exhaust but I got a couple of seriously noisy neighbors to get back at so that stays for now. :devil:

Do the boost. You'll be much happier. When you get old and crotchety like me you won't like the chop pity chop chop so much.

OP
OP
BrianGT2015

BrianGT2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Yep. Too many cars, too many cams in 45 years and the right answer is boost. You can leave most of the other stuff alone as long as there's enough fuel to support the HP. Did a Whipple 2.3 on the 03 Cobra, with a stock long block. Made 610 to the tires and over 500 tq to the tires from 2500 to 5700. All while idling like the stocker it was and great street manners. Never a driveability issue hot or cold. Happy with the new to me 16 BC it was already VMP 2.3 boosted and the P O left all the other stuff alone, OK, well not the exhaust but I got a couple of seriously noisy neighbors to get back at so that stays for now. :devil:

Do the boost. You'll be much happier. When you get old and crotchety like me you won't like the chop pity chop chop so much.
I'm already there

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I bought an 2018 intake manifold. I am debating going boosted or just motor. I have a tuner and exhaust right now. Plan on buying amd building after holidays
Spend the extra money and boost it. Youll make a f#$k ton more power.

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Cams would be about ~$125-150 per horse.

A blower would be somewhere around ~$30-35 per horse.

No comparison.
Sponsored