More American Muscle issues...

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
I'm not the first guy posting about problems with getting what you order from American Muscle, which is a shame because I've bought from them in the past with no problems. Maybe I should have checked here first and seen other posts reporting problems with shipping or getting the wrong item and then having to fight for their money back or to get their product...

I had been waiting for months for Black Friday to order an axle-back, and was excited to pull the trigger.

Called at 2PM on Nov 26 to order it. Asked them if they would match the advertised price on another seller's site, which was about 20% lower than AM's price. The guy checked into it and said yes, and that they had them in stock and would ship that evening.
On Nov 27 my credit card was charged but they didn't ship it.
On (I think) Nov 29 I chatted with them and they said it would ship in 1-2 days.
On Dec 4 I chatted with them and they said there was "a problem in the warehouse" and that it would ship in 2-3 WEEKS!!
So today (Dec 8) I checked their website and they are showing it in stock; and not only that, I checked the manufacturer's website, and THEY are also showing it in stock.

So I called AM and said I ordered and was promised shipping on Nov 26, you took my money Nov 27, both you and the mfr show it in stock, but you won't ship it? They said yep, "some kind of issue" at the warehouse, 2-3 weeks till they ship. I said you know, this makes no sense, are you regretting giving me that Black Friday price match and slow rolling me hoping that I'll cancel the order? They seemed shocked and offended that I would even suggest it and said nothing shady is going on but they wouldn't agree to find out exactly what the "warehouse problem" was and ship it tomorrow.

So here I sit...
Sponsored

Last edited:

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
I ordered a carbon spoiler from AM very recently, arrived damaged, got a return label within 24 hrs.

Ordered headers and exhaust from them, both arrived looking like they had been to Iraq and back. The header hardware bag had also been opened, and half the bolts missing. Not possible this occurred during shipping, as the packaging was that glued together onto cardboard kind, so someone had opened it, and the bolts fallen out in transit. In a separate box, the exhaust arrived missing one of the mid-pipes and so I contacted them last week to get a return label. Crickets so far. Waiting to hear back, I have sent 2 more emails to try and get them to issue a return label.

Never had such back luck with a vendor before... all 3 of my recent big purchases arrived with issues.

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
UPDATE: I finally got a shipping confirmation and UPS tracking number, and it's shipping from California, even though both American Muscle and I are in Pennsylvania. Only 2-1/2 weeks after they told me it was gonna ship.

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Final update...the exhaust arrived today, 12/18/2019. Of course one of the four 63.5 mm clamps was missing (through no fault of American Muscle). The box it came in had torn open a little on the side during shipping and the clamps were just thrown loosely into the box when it was packaged, so the missing clamp is 100% due to poor packaging by NXT Step. But I happened to have a couple of that size clamps laying around from past exhaust projects so I'm not going to chase down a replacement from UPS or NXT. The tips and mufflers were just wrapped in a layer of thin foam but there doesn't appear to be any damage or dents so I'm going to call it a win and be done with this. Unfortunately now it's 18 degrees outside so might be a few months till I actually get to install it!
Sponsored