Sponsored

Opt7 v2 Arrow Turn Signals do not work

randotheking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTPP
Earlier this year I went back and forth with Opt7 on an issue I've had with v2 of the Opt7 Arrow led turn signals on my 2016 GTPP.

Essentially the sequencing does not work unless your headlights are on. Opt7 broke them when they released v2 of the signals to fix a problem the 2015s were having. Opt7 basically told me there is no known issue and to keep exchanging them. I found out that was a lie after 3 sets and a browsing these forums. I've been living with it for a while but I'm sick of it.

I remember a forum member posting about a workaround involving needing an additional 5v. Can someone link me to that? I tried searching but it's a mess
Sponsored

midnightpavo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Earlier this year I went back and forth with Opt7 on an issue I've had with v2 of the Opt7 Arrow led turn signals on my 2016 GTPP.

Essentially the sequencing does not work unless your headlights are on. Opt7 broke them when they released v2 of the signals to fix a problem the 2015s were having. Opt7 basically told me there is no known issue and to keep exchanging them. I found out that was a lie after 3 sets and a browsing these forums. I've been living with it for a while but I'm sick of it.

I remember a forum member posting about a workaround involving needing an additional 5v. Can someone link me to that? I tried searching but it's a mess

I’m not sure about going about a fix but I’d like to share my experience with them.

Have had them installed for about a year and no issues. However after reading your post I tested mine with the headlights off. Mine still sequence but freak out if the headlight are off.

MasterCylinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(sold)17 GT
Sounds like you need a resistor on it. Just like switching to a turn signal led

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Magnetic, 2011 Nissan quest
I read that there were a lot of problems with the Opt7. I was looking for a sequential turn signal but I wanted the amber look. I got these on ebay brand new for $185
https://www.americanmuscle.com/morimoto-smoked-xb-sequential-led-turn-signals-1517.html

This met my needs and works if the car is running or not. i prefer the amber look with my cars color. I am not sure if they make switchbacks but I assume they might
If I had not found these I would have been gotten the raxiom or opt7 but neither work unless the car is running

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
Getting them to run as DRL's fixed it for me. This linked thread started out discussing the diode dynamics switchback bulbs but quickly moved to the OPT7 Arrows. A couple of options for getting them working as DRL's are discussed there.

I "fixed" mine by tying the OPT7 marker lights to switched 12V from the headlight harness. I haven't heard about an additional 5V option, but take a look at post #40 in the linked thread for using a trailer diode pack to tie into the switched power.
Sponsored