Sponsored

Tire wear/ alignment question

Grimreaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Hey guys just looking for your thoughts on this tire wear. Putting new tires on after the holidays but not sure if this is the continued wear I should expect from this car.

Stock pirellis, 2017 PP with 8k miles.
Left front pretty heavily worn on inner most tread block. Right side has similar but not near as much lost. Only left pictured.

Product of the stock built in camber or is toe to blame?
20191210_142435.jpg
20191210_142422.jpg
20191210_142419(0).jpg
Sponsored

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
Those p zeros are the worst tires I have ever used, by a country mile. You may well have an alignment issue, but those tires are junk and they wear exceptionally poorly.

OP
OP

Grimreaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I agree, they are like plastic below 55 degrees too. Guilt free fun to burn off the rears though.

Planning a spring and CC plate install after the holidays. Not sure if I want to string up the garage yet to see where the stock alignment is at.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Thats typical for a lot of us. They say its toe that kills tires more than camber, but after personally having a couple of MPSS/MP4S dying early due to this wear pattern and being pretty religious about alignments, I think its camber + a very heavy car.

when you get new tires is always a good time to get your alignment refreshed. Thats my 2c.

Radiation Joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost PP Manual Recaro
Thats typical for a lot of us. They say its toe that kills tires more than camber, but after personally having a couple of MPSS/MP4S dying early due to this wear pattern and being pretty religious about alignments, I think its camber + a very heavy car.

when you get new tires is always a good time to get your alignment refreshed. Thats my 2c.
I just pulled off my summer tires with about 7k miles on them. My alignment is good, but I have -1.75 camber in front with +.10 degree total toe. Exact same wear pattern. I've run more aggressive alignments on BMWs without this amount of inside wear. I think we just have to accept it until someone identifies the cause and a fix.

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve accepted my fate and have turned it into a challenge to try to wear the outside shoulders faster to keep up with the inside edge wear. More track time on the street tires!

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1

I see wear a lot worse than on my previous heavy car... I suspect the toe is dynamically changing A LOT on braking / acceleration and this is killing the inside of the tires.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I see wear a lot worse than on my previous heavy car... I suspect the toe is dynamically changing A LOT on braking / acceleration and this is killing the inside of the tires.
Its quite possible, there's lots of rubber in there. My last tires died earlier than I anticipated and I did find a bad control arm which was shifting toe under load.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
It does. Unfortunately the cure is not F street legal.
Sponsored