OP
OP
Party Rock

Party Rock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
I'm not trying insult you by asking this but do you have the vehicle jacked up on one side or maybe have a low tire or spot where you're parked? Not everyone understands flex so I just want to throw it out there. :)
Same like DavisCustoms. My car was flat on all 4 tires in the garage. My car has 1,200 miles on it.
Sponsored

MegaG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson Mustang GT A10 Base
I wouldn't use the stones, as I mentioned in my original response you didn't need to remove much material, could be worth trying it with a round file. That's what I would do simply because I have a round file, I also have a rotary rasp for metal though I would need to dig for it.

These would be better choices to the stones and should give you some idea of what to look for.

https://smile.amazon.com/Tungsten-C...9HSS58RN7PM&psc=1&refRID=WS3F6F8CQ9HSS58RN7PM

OR

https://www.harborfreight.com/diamond-point-rotary-grinding-set-10-pc-69661.html

Keep in mind I didn't do a lot of looking but you can dig in a little deeper using this info as a starting point.

I didn't see anything at Lowes in a small enough diameter, Home Depot had more choices but pricey and not stock

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Drill-A...y-File-Bit-with-1-4-in-Shank-DULSB1/306205301

Just make sure you get a small enough diameter

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
A tangential question--on non-PP cars, the pass. side strut tower just has kind of a plastic "fake brace" piece bolted to the top of the strut tower. When you install a STB on such a car, do you just bolt the passenger side of the STB down right on top of the plastic? That doesn't seem optimal for stiffness, but in this video that seems to be how it is done:

MegaG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson Mustang GT A10 Base
So I don't have the PP and decided against installing the strut tower for just looks, I found the thread on here that calls out all the parts and ordered the upper and lower K-braces as well as all the misc hardware and covers. After my Xmas vaca I should have everything installed, hopefully, as I am getting distracted by wanting to get back into the audio side of things. Have a new amp on the way and need to wire that up as well!

DavisCustoms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium
A tangential question--on non-PP cars, the pass. side strut tower just has kind of a plastic "fake brace" piece bolted to the top of the strut tower. When you install a STB on such a car, do you just bolt the passenger side of the STB down right on top of the plastic? That doesn't seem optimal for stiffness, but in this video that seems to be how it is done:

If you are talking about the Part the red arrow is pointing to, yes that is plastic, very thick and stiff, i would assume not as good as torquing down metal to metal, but you can still torque to the recommend 35 ft-lbs.
keep in mind you are bolting the brace to 4 studs (2 strut studs & 2 chassis studs) on both sides not just the 2 chassis studs like most strut bars.
hence why Steeda supplies 6 metal spacers with the bar to compensate for the height of plastic brace being there. (2 on pass side, 4 on driver side)

Strut Bar2.png
Sponsored

Last edited: