Sponsored

Edelbrock 2650 Warranty 2019 GT goes to the track!

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
How many shots did it take to get the right amount of teflon so the elbow faces the right direction when it's tight? lol
I didn’t get it right...mine faces down, but it SAS wasn’t coming back out after all that!
Sponsored

OP
OP
100mphclub

100mphclub

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 1994 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I didn’t get it right...mine faces down, but it SAS wasn’t coming back out after all that!
HAHAHAHA I was afraid it was a legit concern. lol

OP
OP
100mphclub

100mphclub

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 1994 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Buy a Whipple Stage2 with the Whipple Tune( Best Customer Service) and run 10.80ET.I know for a fact because I have one.Be prepared to spend over a $1000 if you want a aftermarket tune along with a lot of headache.
What other mods from stock are you talking about? Tires, suspension, etc. I'm just curious to know if I think the Edelbrock setup would do the same with the same setup. Unfortunately it doesn't jive with their warranty requirements. But I'm still curious.

OP
OP
100mphclub

100mphclub

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 1994 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I love your video editing skills!
Thanks! I usually make boring training videos for O'Reilly Auto. I'm trying to step outside the box a bit and have a little fun. More to come as I can finally data log my car with boost information. Dyno and better track times coming!

Sponsored

96gt4.6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium/A6, 2020 Explorer ST
Thanks! I usually make boring training videos for O'Reilly Auto. I'm trying to step outside the box a bit and have a little fun. More to come as I can finally data log my car with boost information. Dyno and better track times coming!
I have probably watched a video or two of yours depending on how long you have worked for Ozark Automotive. Best company I ever worked for while going to college, was there about 15 years ago. Would go back in a heartbeat and probably will after I get too old or worn out to stay on as a dealer tech.

OP
OP
100mphclub

100mphclub

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 1994 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have probably watched a video or two of yours depending on how long you have worked for Ozark Automotive. Best company I ever worked for while going to college, was there about 15 years ago. Would go back in a heartbeat and probably will after I get too old or worn out to stay on as a dealer tech.
I've been with the company 12 years. First 4.5 were in Marketing as a graphic designer. I've been in the Training Dept. since then.

OP
OP
100mphclub

100mphclub

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 1994 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Can you get to that port with the charger on the car ?? Asking for myself I really don't what to pull it off again to add a boost gauge.
Yes, the fitting isn't bad at all to put in and hook up. Approach it from the passenger side, there is a nice hole in between the braces for your arm and a small mirror. I struggled the most with the damn 3 nuts on the gas pedal. THAT was not fun. lol

96gt4.6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any updates on this setup as far as track results or dyno?

Sponsored

96gt4.6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like your no nonsense approach, and only stating things as they are, thank you for the update!

It is nice to see real world results of another blower kit, and so local to me. Love your video work!

OP
OP
100mphclub

100mphclub

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 1994 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I like your no nonsense approach, and only stating things as they are, thank you for the update!

It is nice to see real world results of another blower kit, and so local to me. Love your video work!
Thanks! I'm a bit slow on making them. Single dad life with a 7 & 9 year old at home more than half the time. Stay tuned more to come. The plan is this spring when the track opens back up we will be putting my car head to head with an 2018 GT PP1 A10 car that is N/A on an E85 tune with a much more aggressive transmission settings. It should be interesting to see what his 30 degrees of timing is compared to my 12.5. lol You might want to subscribe on YouTube so you'll be notified. Sometimes I forget which threads people are watching on this site.

I'm going to try to finish up the dyno video in the next few days. It get's a little dicey on the information, and I try my best not to upload any false info.

OP
OP
100mphclub

100mphclub

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 1994 GT
Vehicle Showcase
The point of the race this spring is to put a stop to all the "N/A cars are running 10.9s so your should be running 8s".... uh no. Those cars are not stock suspension, stock wheels, stock transmission settings, stock everything but the tune and fuel. Someone local to me has an almost identical car to mine except he's N/A with mufflers and an e85 tune. It's fast... should be a really close race. Really not sure who will win or by how much at this point yet. He's been comparing our data logs and it's super interesting the differences.

IF things work out, we may get to add a similar car with a Stage 2 Edelbrock kit to the mix. The plan is, same track, same weather conditions, same DA, etc. With them all 3 being A10 cars it really evens up driver ability as well. If there are any more ideas, post them up. I'll see what I can do between now and then. Oh, I think the N/A car has the same tires too. After our heads up races 2 out of 3 we can take turns with my drag radials and compare time slips. Then it'll be the exact same stickies as well.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
OP I don't believe anyone said you should be in the 8's or even 9's but your setup should be very capable of 10's. I know EB tune is conservative but your mph is really low. As far as the A10 on E85 you might want to check out jmeiers thread in the dragstrip section. He goes 11.0 @ 125 mph on a lightly modded setup!

Edit: I saw it with my own eyes, it was really impressive!

OP
OP
100mphclub

100mphclub

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 1994 GT
Vehicle Showcase
OP I don't believe anyone said you should be in the 8's or even 9's but your setup should be very capable of 10's. I know EB tune is conservative but your mph is really low. As far as the A10 on E85 you might want to check out jmieres thread in the dragstrip section. He goes 11.0 @ 125 mph on a lightly modded setup!
I didn't say here. I get contacted on YouTube, Facebook, etc. lol
Sponsored