Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
GT350 - Track Package - G0628
I believe:

usb-jpg.jpg

The FCIM usb cable (the usb under the start button) runs not into the FCIM or SYNC, but back to the usb hub (in the center console storage box) and then one cable from the hub back to the APIM (far right in the photo). Did you confirm the FR3Z 14D202-A is connected behind the FCIM? That's where I messed up at first

EDIT: Is FR3Z 14D202-A properly connected behind the APIM (far left)?
Sponsored

Last edited:

jxavierd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I believe:

usb-jpg.jpg

The FCIM usb cable (the usb under the start button) runs not into the FCIM or SYNC, but back to the usb hub (in the center console storage box) and then one cable from the hub back to the APIM (far right in the photo). Did you confirm the FR3Z 14D202-A is connected behind the FCIM? That's where I messed up at first

EDIT: Is FR3Z 14D202-A properly connected behind the APIM (far left)?
Hmm I wonder if I plugged it in correctly to the back of the APIM... fingers crossed I didn’t. I’ll take a look in the morning and let you know. Thank you

18usc371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
It also dawned on me that you have a 19, correct? You don't need change the hub or rewire any of the usb cables running in the center console. The 19+ hub is powered correctly for carplay, so you should have just swapped items behind the dash, and retained the existing usb cables and hub.

On my 16,I had to rewire the entire center console and swap hubs.

Good luck!

jxavierd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
It also dawned on me that you have a 19, correct? You don't need change the hub or rewire any of the usb cables running in the center console. The 19+ hub is powered correctly for carplay, so you should have just swapped items behind the dash, and retained the existing usb cables and hub.

On my 16,I had to rewire the entire center console and swap hubs.

Good luck!
Would help if it was plugged in!! Thanks for the help

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
With 122 pages in this thread now, is there a step-by-step for programming with Forscan on the 2018's, like exactly what codes need changed? I did some searches but couldn't find anything. Or for installing the hardware, for that matter.

Sponsored

18usc371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
With 122 pages in this thread now, is there a step-by-step for programming with Forscan on the 2018's, like exactly what codes need changed? I did some searches but couldn't find anything. Or for installing the hardware, for that matter.
Hardware install:

Forscan in general:
Youtube search "how to use forscan" - many videos

Forscan codes - this will get the toggles working correctly:

Part 1
Base->Sync3 Swap, Enable Drive Mode Toggle EB&V6 ABS 760-02-02 : xxxx 1xxx Enable
Base->Sync3 Swap, Enable Drive Mode Toggle GT noPP ABS 760-02-02 : xxxx 3xxx Enable
Base->Sync3 Swap, Enable Drive Mode Toggle GT PP ABS 760-02-02 : xxxx 7xxx Enable

Part 2
Base->Sync3 Swap, Enable Drive Mode Toggle Part 2 IPC 720-06-01 : xxxx xxxx x8xx Enable - must enable one of the above Drive Modes first
Other:
Base->Sync3 Swap, Fix Hazard Toggle BCM 726-29-02 : xxxx xxx0 xx Enable

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Hardware install:

Forscan in general:
Youtube search "how to use forscan" - many videos

Forscan codes - this will get the toggles working correctly:

Part 1
Base->Sync3 Swap, Enable Drive Mode Toggle EB&V6 ABS 760-02-02 : xxxx 1xxx Enable
Base->Sync3 Swap, Enable Drive Mode Toggle GT noPP ABS 760-02-02 : xxxx 3xxx Enable
Base->Sync3 Swap, Enable Drive Mode Toggle GT PP ABS 760-02-02 : xxxx 7xxx Enable

Part 2
Base->Sync3 Swap, Enable Drive Mode Toggle Part 2 IPC 720-06-01 : xxxx xxxx x8xx Enable - must enable one of the above Drive Modes first
Other:
Base->Sync3 Swap, Fix Hazard Toggle BCM 726-29-02 : xxxx xxx0 xx Enable
This is great! Thanks.

OU81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Will the 8" Sync from a 2017 work in a 2019 base. I found a good deal on all the parts included out of a wrecked 2017 and am wondering if It will all swap to my 2019. My main reason for the swap is I want drag mode.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 bezels dont have a slot for the CD player like the 2015-2018’s... 2018+ start button/toggle switch assemblies are physically a little different but I don’t know if that means you can’t program a 2015-2017 to work in a 2019. I should have a 2019 bezel available in a few days if you’re interested.

OU81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
This 1 that I am looking at has everything included, bezel & all. And adding a cd player to boot would be nice.

Sponsored

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Will the 8" Sync from a 2017 work in a 2019 base. I found a good deal on all the parts included out of a wrecked 2017 and am wondering if It will all swap to my 2019. My main reason for the swap is I want drag mode.
Straight bolt in - no mods needed, except FORSCAN changes. I put a Sync 3 update in my '17 V6 car. When I sold it to buy my '19 GT Base I have now, I removed it and swapped it into my '19. Bolts right in. SUPER easy. No need to swap USB cables or hub. I have a non functional CD slot (as well as non functional heated seat buttons) but I do have all the drive modes now.

Rickster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 ( and a 1965 AC Shelby Cobra )
I am having a really hard time reading those images on the very first post. Is there a source for higher res images somewhere? Mainly the important schtuff like pin-outs, etc...

Also, I have been scouring the internet looking at bezels. Finding the bezels without seat heating controls is not rewarding me with many results. I was curious if you could swap the middle set of controls (climate) from the base 4.2" bezel into the 8" premium bezel?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I am having a really hard time reading those images on the very first post. Is there a source for higher res images somewhere? Mainly the important schtuff like pin-outs, etc...

Also, I have been scouring the internet looking at bezels. Finding the bezels without seat heating controls is not rewarding me with many results. I was curious if you could swap the middle set of controls (climate) from the base 4.2" bezel into the 8" premium bezel?

Thanks!
You're right, it's very difficult to find premium bezels to begin with, and it's almost impossible to find them without the heated seat buttons. That said, I may have a 2019 premium bezel without heated seat buttons available for sale Tuesday or Wednesday. Not sure if you can swap the HVAC controls from the base bezel to the premium bezel. The openings in the bezel look to be a similar size and shape, but I don't know if the interface between the circuit board in the back of the unit and the HVAC controls will read both the base or the premium controls.

You don't need to worry about pinouts if you buy a custom wiring harness. Hellhorse Performance sells them for $198 shipped, and then offers a $35 discount with promo code M6G-SYNCCABLE.

charliechupacabra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
You're right, it's very difficult to find premium bezels to begin with, and it's almost impossible to find them without the heated seat buttons. That said, I may have a 2019 premium bezel without heated seat buttons available for sale Tuesday or Wednesday. Not sure if you can swap the HVAC controls from the base bezel to the premium bezel. The openings in the bezel look to be a similar size and shape, but I don't know if the interface between the circuit board in the back of the unit and the HVAC controls will read both the base or the premium controls.

You don't need to worry about pinouts if you buy a custom wiring harness. Hellhorse Performance sells them for $198 shipped, and then offers a $35 discount with promo code M6G-SYNCCABLE.
I’d be interested in the bezel
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.