OP

CCHadwick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 6R80
CCHadwick, correct me if I am wrong but weren't you running mid 11s with the EB tune?
I was, only difference to my current set up is that I know have a JMS BAP and a custom tune, everything else is the same. Though keep in mind this was roughly three years ago, I'm assuming they've improved their calibration somewhat over the years.
Sponsored

100mphclub

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 1994 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I was, only difference to my current set up is that I know have a JMS BAP and a custom tune, everything else is the same. Though keep in mind this was roughly three years ago, I'm assuming they've improved their calibration somewhat over the years.
Well your tire chirping certainly tells a lot. Mine doesn't even have drag mode and comes no where near your shift aggressiveness. When people get excited about my A10 it's just because of the number of shifts not the firmness. lol

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Yes, and I guess the drag mode folks lose that too. Forgot about that. Mine has been unplugged for the past 8k miles. Lol.
Not that it matters at the drag strip but you also lose adaptive cruise if you car is equipped with that. Lol.

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Not that it matters at the drag strip but you also lose adaptive cruise if you car is equipped with that. Lol.

I’m stock tuned, I never unplugged mine, No issues with low shift but I only trapped 118

Sponsored

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
I don't unplug mine, either. I have never had mine shut down either stock or tuned. Last time I was at the strip, I purposely left it floored past the 1/4 mile and it pulled hard to 127 before shifting to 7th.

It will be a good test for 100mphclub, though, to see if it makes a difference. Always good to eliminate a variable.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
I have accidentally hit the rev limiter before and it shuts down but that is not likely 100mphclub's issue.

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
That’s funny, I did the same thing too
It shifted but I wasn’t looking at speed

Yea he will get the setup going, EB should hook him up, he’s done a lot of testing

Last edited:

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
So Chadwick u went 11.00 with a custom tune? And u went 11.50 with thr canned tune?

I’m confused?

OP
OP

CCHadwick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 6R80
So Chadwick u went 11.00 with a custom tune? And u went 11.50 with thr canned tune?

I’m confused?
I went 11.6 three years ago with the Edelbrock tune and stage 1 kit. Ever since then I've only changed tunes to a custom tune by Expert Tuning and got a JMS BAP and went 10.37 (video on the first page of this thread).

Sponsored

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I went 11.6 three years ago with the Edelbrock tune and stage 1 kit. Ever since then I've only changed tunes to a custom tune by Expert Tuning and got a JMS BAP and went 10.37 (video on the first page of this thread).

Wow, just goes to show u what some custom tuning can do, is this on 93 or some kind of higher octane?

OP
OP

CCHadwick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 6R80
Wow, just goes to show u what some custom tuning can do, is this on 93 or some kind of higher octane?
94 octane pump which is what we have around Montreal, equivalent of 93 over here.

Dalton@Evolution

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dalton
Vehicle(s)
First 2020 GT500 In Da 9z
this is a 2300 kit correct? and 94 octane is some good stuff compared to our junk 93 lol.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
My primary objection to the Edelbrock tune has always been reports of sketchy drivability....as reported by several forum members as well as from a local installer. It has never been about performance although that is questionable as well.

I assume their stage 2 kit provides much stronger performance. Even if drivability has been improved, I would still prefer a tuner kit with appropriate injectors, BAP, TB and custom tune. My goals are OEM drivability, reasonably safe engine/transmission tuning and performance....in that order.
Sponsored