Sponsored

New SYNC 3.0 update was just put out . SYNCGen3.0_3.0.19205_PRODUCT

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
that screen grab doesn't make any sense to me (SyncMyRide\<files>) being displayed under the already expanded (carrot facing down) folder. It should be just the file names. But maybe the latest versions of MacOS have totally butchered the Finder.

In any event open up a command prompt and check what's really there with the 'ls -la' command. Or borrow your neighbor's Windows PC.

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
The files were extracted with the path in the name.
Just rename all the files in the SyncMyRide folder by removing the "SyncMyRide\" and try again.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
So I fired up my 2003 Dell. What a hell that was. Nothing works. Time to pull the hard drive and mutilate it and throw out the entire setup in the dumpster or wherever these things die :angry:

The files were extracted with the path in the name.
Just rename all the files in the SyncMyRide folder by removing the "SyncMyRide\" and try again.
Update. I tried this and had the USB in the car over an hour and the screen said 'Updating System Software"

I sense it couldn't find the files ?

So I shut the car down and pulled the flash drive and waited a few.

Restart without usb flash drive and it still say 'Updating System Software"

waited an hour
and turned the car on and it said Updatde Complete

and It looks like I have Version 3.0

So far it looks like everything is working. :rockon: :sunglasses:
image.png

Last edited:
OP
OP

Multitask

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2020 MKZ Hybrid
Sync 3 units don't seem to care about the .DS files that macs make... I know mine does not...
but yes, even if they do not show , they are there

Sponsored

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I did this update yesterday. I initially got the error message and had some instructions from a map up date that said to format the USB stick to exFAT, i had the files on a FAT32 stick. Once i put the files on an exFAT the update went smoothly.

I was on version 3 build 17xxx now build 19205. I don't see any change in performance and never had any issues before or now. Thought this update would allow Waze to appear on the Applink screen but it doesn't.

pike1346

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 5.0 Premium
I looked for Clean effect and couldn't find it.

This is what it looks like.

I quess you guys are saying I have hidden files in there ?

Did you format the USB drive to Fat32 or exFat? That is critical to run the update

MSGmTHo.jpg

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
I did format to exFat. Also tried downloading 3 times. Removing the “SyncMyRide/“ in front of the 8 files is what did it for me.

OP
OP

Multitask

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2020 MKZ Hybrid
I did format to exFat. Also tried downloading 3 times. Removing the “SyncMyRide/“ in front of the 8 files is what did it for me.
Yup, there is something about how the unzip utility built into the mac does that...
I have to create the SyncMyRide folder, then copy the needed files into it, and rename them...
THEN it works...

8)

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
I always use Terminal application on Mac to unzip files.
Just open Terminal and type "unzip <filename>" and it unzips the files to the current directory.
If you want to do the unzip in another directory just use "cd <path to new directory>" followed by a "unzip <path to file>".

Sponsored

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
One thing I noticed post-update is that on the home screen, when using XM, in the radio area it actually lists the channel at all times now. On 3.2 (and also on 1.0 in my 2016 GT) it would only list the song and artist, unless I went out of the home screen into the music/radio screen.

hamzah596

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hamza
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Hi, I had changed the APIM to display the FORD GT theme, I updated and now my screen is black how do i roll it back to 2.2? If not can i just go through forscan and put the regular theme back? I did lose my as built data.

2017 GT Premium non nav

black bart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Prem A6 White Platinum 20x9's
hamzah596, I just rolled back splash screens from the GT to the stock running horse. My Sync3 version 3.0 update worked fine afterword.. BTW, I had the same blank screen with sound and steering wheel and voice commands working fine(with GT splash screens).

hamzah596

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hamza
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
hamzah596, I just rolled back splash screens from the GT to the stock running horse. My Sync3 version 3.0 update worked fine afterword.. BTW, I had the same blank screen with sound and steering wheel and voice commands working fine(with GT splash screens).

Yep! Went and changed my theme back to the pony and worked like a charm! Dealer couldn’t fix it because I have a whipple tune but I figured I’d try my way. I miss my Ford GT theme. Guess ford doesn’t want us peasants having the royalty theme lol

black bart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Prem A6 White Platinum 20x9's
Yesterday I went to the dealer and they said that I needed a new APIM because they couldn't get the Sync3 version 3.0 loaded. So this am I rolled mine back and all is well. Version 3 downloaded and working. I also miss the GT splash screens. Maybe I'll try something else in the future.
Sponsored