Sponsored

I Have Had Enough

dsz blade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT PP1
It was in the low 80s here this past weekend. No winterizing of cars here. So the desire is strong but reality is I know it’s going to take a little time to get one even if it’s at 5K over.
I went through most dealers (with 350s on the lot) in my state and a few in surrounding states trying to find the markup I was happy with. I lucked out through a series of events that ended up getting me the mark up I was willing to pay.
Sponsored

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
I paid $3k ADM on my 2016 GT350 and it was at $6k. They came down because they were getting the 17MY cars in. If you could get a GT500 for ONLY $5k ADM, you better jump on it because someone else will. Especially with the 350R's going for $20k ADM when they first came out.

OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
I bought my 2017 GT350 in early 2018 for MSRP.

Just got off the phone with a local dealership and he said he has one allocation left and would sell me the car for $15K mark up. He said I would have the car in April.

Not sure about all of that being true or not but I told him he was my first call and I was going to shop around. I told him it’s not a I have to have the first one deal so I’ll shop around and see how things look in the spring if 15K was non negotiable.

Last edited:

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
There will be far more GT500's made than GT350R's. I think the better comparison might be with GT350R and GT500CFTP package. I think if you are looking for a base GT500 with minimal to no ADM you will have better luck if you can wait and be patient. This is the worst time to buy/want one as you have all the "gotta have it now" people, Youtubers, performance shops, etc all trying to get the car first.

But to the point made above if you want to drive the car all Spring and Summer and that is worth an extra $5-15K than yeah, go for it. It's your money and time. I have a personal principle that I just never pay ADM and do everything in my power not to buy a year 1 performance car. Especially after what happened with the GT350.

OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I called the dealership where I bought my GT350. They believe they will get a second allocation. First one was spoken for long ago. It’s s small town dealership.
Waiting to hear back but I’m the first person to call them about their possible second allocation. Waiting on call back regarding the ADM. They said $1,000 and the allocation is mine if they get a second one.

Let’s see how this plays out.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I called my dealership today on your behalf. You would be #16 on the list. At that point, I didn't even get into ADM.

I would be very weary of a second allocation. There was a memo floating around that stated there will be no extra allocations.

dsz blade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT PP1
I called my dealership today on your behalf. You would be #16 on the list. At that point, I didn't even get into ADM.

I would be very weary of a second allocation. There was a memo floating around that stated there will be no extra allocations.
Crazy, there is one a little over an hour away from me that still has their only allocation available. There are two others about that same distance that may still have theirs available but I haven’t spoken to them in a few weeks. All of them started at $10k. One wouldn’t budge but I didn’t get into trying to get the others to come down since I had my deal at that point.

OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I’m not confident in the second allocation either but it’s worth $1000 that’s fully refundable for me to find out. If it is true it will be an early Christmas miracle.

You know my stance on mark ups and let’s just say I gave them $1000.
If it doesn’t pan out for a 2019 production I’m fine waiting on a 2020 and having an allocation.

Last edited:

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Crazy, there is one a little over an hour away from me that still has their only allocation available. There are two others about that same distance that may still have theirs available but I haven’t spoken to them in a few weeks. All of them started at $10k. One wouldn’t budge but I didn’t get into trying to get the others to come down since I had my deal at that point.
if they are ASKING 10k, id be pretty sure one of them would do it for 7k if you threw it down cash/check today.. if 5k is doable, 7k shouldn't break you.. and peace of mind comes with that extra 2.. and thrifty for saving the other 3 ;)

Last edited:

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Good luck!!!
I wish we didn't have crappy winters up here in the Northeast, I would have a brand new Hellcat Charger as my daily driver.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good luck!!!
I wish we didn't have crappy winters up here in the Northeast, I would have a brand new Hellcat Charger as my daily driver.
The Hellcat Charger is a fun grocery getter to beat on.

dsz blade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT PP1
if they are ASKING 10k, id be pretty sure one of them would do it for 7k if you threw it down cash/check today.. if 5k is doable, 7k shouldn't break you.. and peace of mind comes with that extra 2.. and thrifty for saving the other 3 ;)
I got mine at 5k, different dealer from those that I mentioned. Not too much further away, extra 30-45mins.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
I dont get this whole MSRP or bust thing. I mean 5k over the life of the car is nothing. Are you going to miss out on this experience for a small ADM? You are going to be dead soon. Be happy in this life. If you can't spring for a small ADM, you need to look at Toyota's or something.
I'm nowhere close to pushing up daisies but the more I think about it, the more I think I might hold my nose and pay $3-$5k over.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I'm nowhere close to pushing up daisies but the more I think about it, the more I think I might hold my nose and pay $3-$5k over.
Carpe diem. Any of us can step out off a curb and get squished by a bus tomorrow. I think it was Jim Morrison that said the future is uncertain and the end is always near.... let it roll

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Hopefully I'm not pushing Daisey's any time soon but I'm willing to hold off for a 2021. I have a msrp deal on a 2021 and I'm fine with letting the first model year go buy to shake out issues if needed and hopefully a new color plus a new rear base wing is thrown into the mix!
Sponsored

Last edited: