GT PP vs 370Z Nismo

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
I had a 2012 Nismo. I modded it with high flow cats and a tune. It handled great but the VQ motor is just too coarse feeling and at high rpm it just lacked excitement. The best thing to do is buy a used one then get the Fast Intentions twin turbo kit installed with custom tune. They you have a real rocket on your hands. If Nissan would take the turbo motor from the Q60 and put that in the Nismo and sell it for 55k, they have a winner.
Sponsored

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
I don't know what that first guy was saying about reliability issues...

I owned a full bolt on G37S (long wheel base 370Z basically) for a while with the 6 speed manual and it was the lowest cost sports car I've owned in terms of maintenance and running costs lol.

They're super fun cars. High revving, make good power, have an LSD, have decent brakes, etc.

Nissan's issue with the Z is that they refuse to update the platform. Infiniti has their 3.0TT motor that replaced the VQ37 motor and Nissan has yet to drop it into a new Z for whatever reason.

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
I agree, I can’t figure out why they don’t put that motor in it, update the nav system and sell it for 50k or so. I’m guessing the GTR boss will not let them. It’s a great chassis in search of a great motor. I liked my Nismo but it needed more punch. It was not as fast as it looked.

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
Frontier isn’t overpriced. They are great trucks that don’t have quite as many frills as
Many other trucks but still have a solid platform and great power train. They are priced accordingly.

Despite the truck dating back to 2005, they start around 20k just like the Mustang. They are in many rental fleets like the Mustang and they sell about the same amount of units a year as the Mustang. 70,000 to 80,000 units a year is pretty solid for a truck that old. They sell well for good reason.
It has been a few years since I priced one, but last time I did it was around the same as a Tacoma. The Frontier is a good truck, but very out dated. I had a 2009 Frontier, traded my 03 350Z in on it, was a solid truck and no complaints from me. I did buy it used however at a good price. Buying new though I would go Tacoma or even a Colorado. Just seem to get more for your money.

SRT 4 are you talking about a Dodge Neon and comparing it to a 350Z? :cwl:
I had a 2005 SRT-4 that I bought new. Blue is right, the Z was an easy 15k more and having owned both it was not 15k better. SRT-4 gets a bad rap, but at the time it held it's own pretty well.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
SRT 4 are you talking about a Dodge Neon and comparing it to a 350Z? :cwl:
Sure performane numbers speak for themselves. A magazine did a review comparing an SRT-4 to an M3s performance. Back in the day. A BMW was always higher up the food chain. than a 350Z. I included the article. Have a look then get back to me.

http://www.stowaway.us/srt/acrvsm3-mphmag.html

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Sure performane numbers speak for themselves. A magazine did a review comparing an SRT-4 to an M3s performance. Bsck in the day.
The Neon SRT-4 must have been a performance bargain then.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
The Neon SRT-4 must have been a performance bargain then.
Absolutely it was the performance bargain of the decade. For the same money as a 2003 Mustang
GT. You could bolt on the stage 3 Turbo kit. And stage 3 suspension. Sold thru dodge dealers. And go Z06 hunting. For about the Cost of a new GT back then.

Laststandard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Vehicle Showcase
It has been a few years since I priced one, but last time I did it was around the same as a Tacoma. The Frontier is a good truck, but very out dated. I had a 2009 Frontier, traded my 03 350Z in on it, was a solid truck and no complaints from me. I did buy it used however at a good price. Buying new though I would go Tacoma or even a Colorado. Just seem to get more for your money.
Looking at mid-sized trucks right now.. Frontier Pro-4X tops out at about 35k, cheapest of all of for matching specs - TRD Off-Road or Colorado Z71. Although for the Colorado you get the auto locking rear diff, not the selectable like the TRD or Pro-4x. Frontier may be outdated, but it's a very solid powertrain that's been around long enough to have any issues worked out. I'm a bit biased though - my Xterra is still going after somewhere around 190,000 miles. Same running gear as the Frontier. Although I'm still leaning towards a ZR2 to replace it with..

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Absolutely it was the performance bargain of the decade. For the same money as a 2003 Mustang
GT. You could bolt on the stage 3 Turbo kit. And stage 3 suspension. Sold thru dodge dealers. And go Z06 hunting. For about the Cost of a new GT back then.
Similar concept to the Dodge Omni GLHS. I still have trouble getting over the Neon body. Just like you can buy a kit from Ford to add to your Fiesta to get ~2 seconds 0-60. And the kit costs 4x or 5x as much as a base Fiesta costs. You end up with a fast car, but do you really want that car?

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Similar concept to the Dodge Omni GLHS. I still have trouble getting over the Neon body. Just like you can buy a kit from Ford to add to your Fiesta to get ~2 seconds 0-60. And the kit costs 4x or 5x as much as a base Fiesta costs. You end up with a fast car, but do you really want that car?
Some people want to go fast on the cheap. Some people want the GT500. Some want a manual. Some want an automatic. For every person the answer you asked will be different. But I will say it was a lot of fun. Out running Corvettes and cobras at both a road course and drag strip. In a neon. The look on their face. Was priceless.

Sponsored

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
S550s are way better cars. 350/70Zs have bad suspension geometry and even worse weight distribution.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
I owned the gen2 Srt4 in the 2008 Caliber SRT4. Really fun and practical car. With just a cat delete (stock o2 housing), map clamp, apg wg, intake tube, and bigger injectors made 360/370 fwhp. Sleeper city.

Also had an 07 350z HR right before they switched over to 370. Great handling cars with decent power. The 370z Nismo is very attractive car imo. Not in same league power wise compared to gen3 yote though.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Yet somehow Dodge gets away with selling the Challenger as is. Outselling many Nissans in fact!
Not really the same IMO as Dodge keeps doing tweaks. If the 370Z had a wide body Hellcat version making a couple hundred more HP than the standard car I would be very interested!
Sponsored