Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Godfrey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hi guys
i have a 2017 mustang GT manual - australian, so our cars comes standard with alot of the features that are optional to you guys in the US.
Ive had a look for the subwoofer plug. i seem to have a small brown/white plug in the same location that isnt in any of the photos in this thread.
does anyone know what this plug is for?
IMG_20190616_115241.jpg
How did you go Re; picture of that plug???
Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Hi guys
i have a 2017 mustang GT manual - australian, so our cars comes standard with alot of the features that are optional to you guys in the US.
Ive had a look for the subwoofer plug. i seem to have a small brown/white plug in the same location that isnt in any of the photos in this thread.
does anyone know what this plug is for?
IMG_20190616_115241.jpg
That plug is for the subwoofer harness. There's a short cable that goes between this plug and the back of the subwoofer.

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT convertible Oxford White
Thank you
I'm going through this process at the moment, you can't just plug it in and the sub will work, you need to purchase an amp/DSP to suit a Shaker Pro vehicle, as the 9 speaker DSP doesn't have the output for the sub.

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I'm going through this process at the moment, you can't just plug it in and the sub will work, you need to purchase an amp/DSP to suit a Shaker Pro vehicle, as the 9 speaker DSP doesn't have the output for the sub.
I believe they have the required hardware (amp) otherwise the plug wouldn't be there to feed the subwoofer amplifier module. Correct me if I'm wrong. Maybe changing the amp settings in Forscan is all that is required? Or maybe it's that the wire harness is there but the amp is not the correct version?

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT convertible Oxford White
I believe they have the required hardware (amp) otherwise the plug wouldn't be there to feed the subwoofer amplifier module. Correct me if I'm wrong. Maybe changing the amp settings in Forscan is all that is required? Or maybe it's that the wire harness is there but the amp is not the correct version?
I believe there must be a common loom for all RHD cars. My Australian spec GT has the 9 speaker system, along with that wiring plug, but has a B prefix DSP, rather than the C prefix that the Shaker Pro cars are fitted with.

I've ordered a C DSP, the patch harness etc to make it all work on mine. I'll update the thread once I've installed it all.

Thisisdan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
I believe there must be a common loom for all RHD cars. My Australian spec GT has the 9 speaker system, along with that wiring plug, but has a B prefix DSP, rather than the C prefix that the Shaker Pro cars are fitted with.

I've ordered a C DSP, the patch harness etc to make it all work on mine. I'll update the thread once I've installed it all.
Awesome would love to know how you do it with a few pics too

muntega

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Man
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
I was reading this thread all day long! And was so curious to get to the trunk of my Mustang. Here is what I found in 2018 (11/2017) Ecoboost Premium Convertable, NO active exhaust, NO magneride.
I guess I’m lucky one and I need only the sub the small cable and the DSP. Please confirm. Could someone summarize the part numbers?
5D3062B0-4427-4F39-95A2-136B2A518CCB.jpeg

I assume all this must be changed (including speakers 4 ohm vs 2 ohm etc.) to have fully sounding Shaker system.
Shaker.JPG

Last edited:

Sponsored

muntega

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Man
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
I think active exhaust is probably the key.
No, I do not have active exhaust, but I have the blue connector (ecoboost premium 2018 model, late 2017 production).

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
2018 GT350 here with electronics pack. No blue connector, I checked today so will likely go the JL Audio interrelated sub route.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Performance Pack 2, 1985 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 1977 Ford LTDII, 1984 Ford Bronco, 1976 Honda CB550, 1981 Honda CB900C
Here is my configuration, Performance Pack 2 with MagnaRide and Active Exhaust. There connector is already being used.. I guess the wires missing out of the fat plug are for the Sub.
0ADF275E-C05E-470A-897A-BF04881E51E7.jpeg

goff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Godfrey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

I am watching with great interest …. I have a factory sub ( with amp attached ) and the plug in the boot but no patch lead
IMG_20190616_115241.jpg

13razorbackfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Has anyone done this with the 2019 B&O speakers? I can't seem to find the specific B&O part numbers.
Would like to know as well. The B and O 12 speaker system sounds ok till I crank it up. I want to replace the door speakers, center speaker and Sub. I'm not sure which amp would work best for the 3 speakers and also still work well with the rest of the speakers and which amp and sub would work best as well.
Sponsored