Sponsored

Melted Rear Reflector

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I removed mine...would you guys be interested in some kind of product that fit in the space and you wouldnt have to worry about it melting? would you be interested in carbon fiber or just a regular black plastic to hide the fact a reflector was ever there in the first place?
That could be interesting. Id like to see what you come up with.

I wonder if its only certain exhausts doing this, or all the aftermarket ones causing it.
Sponsored

phrenetiK

IF YOU QUOTE PICS I H8 U
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaros Race Red
That could be interesting. Id like to see what you come up with.

I wonder if its only certain exhausts doing this, or all the aftermarket ones causing it.
from what i've seen it's any exhaust with extended tips is doing this. not sure if it has anything to do with the resonator being gone as well

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
from what i've seen it's any exhaust with extended tips is doing this. not sure if it has anything to do with the resonator being gone as well
Im going to have to take a peep at the full ARH system I want. I wonder if it does it. Going to get it regardless but still peeks my interest.

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
I removed mine...would you guys be interested in some kind of product that fit in the space and you wouldnt have to worry about it melting? would you be interested in carbon fiber or just a regular black plastic to hide the fact a reflector was ever there in the first place?
I'd be interested in something to put in its place, carbon fiber or just a black blank piece.

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
I finally got tired of snagging my wash mitts on my melted reflectors and replaced them. It could be a 10 minute job (took me much longer than that) - here's some tips.

1. Use a 1/4" drive 10mm deep socket on a three inch extension (maybe six depending on your driver). The nuts are partially covered by bumper framework, which you can force out of the way, but only just, and only with the thinnest-walled socket you have.
  2. Drive that with a 1/4" powered driver, on and off. You'll never get the nuts to catch turning them by hand with the framework in the way, and you probably won't get them off, either.
  3. Pre-thread the plastic pins by driving the nuts on by hand before mounting the reflectors to give yourself the best chance of getting the nuts started with the framework in the way.
  4. Plan on breaking the clips opposite the nuts/pins with your pliers. Don't plan on removing the reflectors until your replacements are ready to install.

I hope someone finds that helpful.
Sponsored