FLATPLANE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pkg. 18 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4 16 Lexus IS350 FSport
Vehicle Showcase
Got a quick question. Did you check the plug on cylinder#7 as well? Just a thought because injusta6 just diagnosed s potential issue on #7 on his YouTube channel and Woman Driven which had a misfire issue as well over a month ago. She actually runs the AFD ProFlex unit on her GT350; injusta6 did not. I'm interested more in the misfire issues and if it's common on cylinder#7. Keep us posted.
I checked all plugs on the Driverside both OE and Aftermarket. Had Voltage and the scan tool also verified injector pulse and no faults......
Sponsored

OP
OP
lightrules

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I just installed my Proflex Commander on my GT350 and even only on e30 I could feel a very big difference. The car just wants to pull and feels very much more alive. I just had wondered if any of you had the same issue as me, as my range display now shows over 340 miles when it would show ~180 miles on 91. Any thoughts or experiences?
glad it's working out well for you. mine has never shown 340 mile range on e85 but good for you lol I think you'll notice that the fuel gauge drops a little quicker than normal. e85 Burns cleaner but faster.

these days I'm usually running about E50 - E60 as I alternate between 91 & e85.

OP
OP
lightrules

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
there was an issue earlier with the Commander not getting sufficient power from the battery but they rectified it. you know it's working if your app shows live ethanol content with the engine running.

I would double-check all your connections making sure the injector plugs are in all the way. otherwise you need to contact gray at afd.

izo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Oxford White
I just talked to Gray at Advanced Pro Flex today- really knowledgeable guy. He answered all my questions and issued some of the concerns I had about the E85. From my perspective, there's no doubt that there will be gains on e85 - but the amount of gain might change in each individual application. Best thing is you get some additional power without a tune - which will void warranty in our sensitive Voodoo engines.

Will be posting my review after I install the system.

Sponsored

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I just talked to Gray at Advanced Pro Flex today- really knowledgeable guy. He answered all my questions and issued some of the concerns I had about the E85. From my perspective, there's no doubt that there will be gains on e85 - but the amount of gain might change in each individual application. Best thing is you get some additional power without a tune - which will void warranty in our sensitive Voodoo engines.

Will be posting my review after I install the system.
Any update?

OP
OP
lightrules

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
@Mjc1241 , you still running the commander and if so how's it going for you?

overall I've been very happy with mine. the convenience of running any fuel mixture is so nice and I do think the power gain is there especially around e60 to e70. I've been thinking about getting it dynoed, base 91 or e12 then filling up e85.

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350

overall I've been very happy with mine. the convenience of running any fuel mixture is so nice and I do think the power gain is there especially around e60 to e70. I've been thinking about getting it dynoed, base 91 or e12 then filling up e85.
@lightrules Still running mine as well. Having the flexibility to run both premium or e85 or any mix of the two just works for me. The car definitely feels stronger on e85. You are correct with it feeling strongest reading over e60 content. Looking forward to your Dyno results.

Reactions: izo

izo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Oxford White
Any update?
I got my Proflex commander today- will be installing in the upcoming days.

I'm a little bit afraid with the installation - injector plugs. Do I need any specific tools ?

OP
OP
lightrules

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase

I'm a little bit afraid with the installation - injector plugs. Do I need any specific tools ?
it's pretty straightforward if you follow the instructions. you will need a fuel line disconnect tool, one of those cheap plastic things.. watch this video I think she's helpful

Sponsored

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350

As @lightrules pointed out, it is pretty easy and there are a few videos on YouTube showing the install. Dorace/Woman Driven is very detailed as outlined in her video. Here's another one for reference.

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350

@lightrules I have a suggestion for you in regards to your Dyno. The Dyno results @Matthew showing about a 10hp/4tq gain going from 93 to e70 with the ProFlex, had the device hooked up when he did the Dyno. From what AFD says, the ProFlex will make some power even with the standard e10-e15 that is present in 91 and 93. I'm wondering if you disconnect the ProFlex brain when you Dyno on base 91, then reconnect the ProFlex brain, add e85, then re-dyno to get a true stock gas vs e85 delta. The dynos that AFD show are pre ProFlex installed gas versus post ProFlex installed e85. Might be a great question for Gary and an experiment that you can try when you Dyno your car same date, same condions. What do you think?

OP
OP
lightrules

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
@lightrules I have a suggestion for you in regards to your Dyno. The Dyno results @Matthew showing about a 10hp/4tq gain going from 93 to e70 with the ProFlex, had the device hooked up when he did the Dyno. From what AFD says, the ProFlex will make some power even with the standard e10-e15 that is present in 91 and 93. I'm wondering if you disconnect the ProFlex brain when you Dyno on base 91, then reconnect the ProFlex brain, add e85, then re-dyno to get a true stock gas vs e85 delta. The dynos that AFD show are pre ProFlex installed gas versus post ProFlex installed e85. Might be a great question for Gary and an experiment that you can try when you Dyno your car same date, same condions. What do you think?
interesting. i *think* my dyno guy locally gives me 3 runs for $100 or $125 or something like that. what about 1st run = 91 w brain disconnected, 2nd run = 91 w brain connected, and 3rd run = e85 (w brain connected, of course). it might not be true e85, could be e80 or maybe i'd prefer e70/e75 as i think i get the most power in that ethanol content.

the Q is when do i go since i doubt this is an "essential" trip under the stay at home order :headbang:

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
interesting. i *think* my dyno guy locally gives me 3 runs for $100 or $125 or something like that. what about 1st run = 91 w brain disconnected, 2nd run = 91 w brain connected, and 3rd run = e85 (w brain connected, of course). it might not be true e85, could be e80 or maybe i'd prefer e70/e75 as i think i get the most power in that ethanol content.

the Q is when do i go since i doubt this is an "essential" trip under the stay at home order :headbang:
That makes sense to me based on what the unit is supposed to do. The second run if they run it before going WOT for the system to adjust the injector pulse based on the ethanol content real time may be lower than your third run. The more I sat here and thought about it, the more it makes sense to me. I would venture to guess that AFD might agree with that approach to get the true delta.
I by no means am saying a 51 hp gain over stock AFD claims, but I would venture to say it's closer to 20 hp or so.

imbadatthis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
So do we know how much power this is actually providing without a tune?

AFD's numbers are irrelevant and everyone else's are all over the place.
Sponsored