Wrecked 2017 GT Premium

CrimsonRocket

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ray
Vehicle(s)
2014 Magnetic Mustang V6, 2019 Race Red GT convertible
Anyone else notice the critter nest in the engine compartment of your mustang?
Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Anyone else notice the critter nest in the engine compartment of your mustang?
That would be grass from the front end plowing the through the ditch.

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
She actually did signal. Hard to see in video. I saw her way back and was mumbling to myself " don't do it, don't do it" I always scan far ahead and plan my escape if someone does something stupid. I actually feel terrible for the lady in the caddy. First thing I did was apologize to her and tried to explain I was trying to miss everyone. Just feel bad. She saw everything of course and just wanted to make sure I was all right and that it wasn't my fault. Also I never applied the brakes at all. If i would have done that then a head on collision was almost guaranteed. I choose to try to shoot the gap and avoid any collision what so ever. Almost made it.
I wouldn't feel bad at all was not your fault and everyone came out unharmed. Thats the main concern.

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum Premium GT
Once her insurance company views the footage there shouldn't be any doubt about who was at fault. Nice job avoiding hitting either car too. I'm another firm believer in having a dash cam, in incidents like this they are worth every penny.

Tuxedomouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Grabber Blue Premium PP
I probably would have braked and run into the car cutting you off. Then there's no doubt about fault. I know that seems insensitive, but so many people will skirt responsibility for causing an accident if they're not actually involved in it.

Hopefully you get satisfaction in the end.

Sponsored

boos550t

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GT PP Old : 2017 Base GT PP 2015 EB Premium PP @ismgt
Dash cams are useful in these situations.

I also replay all the footage of moron drivers that almost hit me, and the times i do burnouts, etc.

You can even just have it on to see if a tech is actually doing their job instead of taking your car out for a joy ride.

BrianGT2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 Mustang Eco Convertible
Depending on the insurance company, they tend to total them at damage of 80% or more of the value of the vehicle. The hard part of the decision is making a guess as to whether there's hidden damage. Wifey's dang near new Nissan Titan got sideswiped last year by a 2005 Taurus of all things. Taurus driver bounced off the truck and went across 3 lanes of traffic and into a ditch on the other side of the highway. Had a bashed door and front bumper, set of the side curtain air bag, but didn't think for a second it was totaled. Sure enough, the frame was bent to diamond shape. Geico said, here's your check, the truck is ours. You'll never be made whole on a total - they don't reimburse tax, title and license on a replacement vehicle, but that's what you need to find out about the car - is the frame part of the structure bent.
Depending on state and insurance. I think state farm is over 50% they consider it totaled. State of Arkansas does 60%. I think a couple places up north it's as high as 100% of the vehicles damage.

Blufc3s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stew
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Premium GT PP1, 2003 BMW Z4 3.0 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
I hard wired into the rearview mirror wire harness. Walmart is the worse place to park a car. I worry everytime.
Would you have a wiring diagram or the colour code of the wires you used from the mirror.i did that to my S197, but can’t seem to find anything on the S550.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like the car need a new bumpers a bit of a paint job and a bit of suspension parts by my estimation (don't know how expensive the paint job in states is) this looks like a 5-6k worth of damage at most. Also new body kit if you are in for things like Roush or Super Snake maybe :? Even GT350 :? Doesn't look totalled to me but if the insurance company did total it shoot me when they put it for sale will make a nice race car.

OP
OP
Chris227

Chris227

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium / 2016 Camaro 2LT
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like the car need a new bumpers a bit of a paint job and a bit of suspension parts by my estimation (don't know how expensive the paint job in states is) this looks like a 5-6k worth of damage at most. Also new body kit if you are in for things like Roush or Super Snake maybe :? Even GT350 :? Doesn't look totalled to me but if the insurance company did total it shoot me when they put it for sale will make a nice race car.
There is no way in hell its only $5 to $6k in damage. I don't know much, but I know that. Will find out tomorrow for sure hopefully, adjuster will examine it at 1PM.

Sponsored

waterskiguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2020 F250, 2019 Mustang GT Premium, 2021 Prostar
Sorry this happened, but very glad everyone is OK. I'm betting the car is totaled. If they say it's not, if I were in your shoes, I'd do everything in my power to convince them to total it. Very, very slim chance that your Mustang will be in Pre-loss condition when it's repaired. Mismatch paint, maybe not drive the same, tires maybe don't wear as they should. Just so many unknowns! Add to that, the diminished value aspect. For me, I would be out there looking for my next new ride.
Best of luck to you, can't wait to hear how it all comes out.

OP
OP
Chris227

Chris227

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium / 2016 Camaro 2LT
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry this happened, but very glad everyone is OK. I'm betting the car is totaled. If they say it's not, if I were in your shoes, I'd do everything in my power to convince them to total it. Very, very slim chance that your Mustang will be in Pre-loss condition when it's repaired. Mismatch paint, maybe not drive the same, tires maybe don't wear as they should. Just so many unknowns! Add to that, the diminished value aspect. For me, I would be out there looking for my next new ride.
Best of luck to you, can't wait to hear how it all comes out.
Dropped the car off today to the body shop, the adjuster said she double booked me and said it would be Monday before she could get out to me. Decided just to take it to the shop and have them start checking it out instead of waiting for her at my shop.
I will hopefully know something early next week. I'm leaning on totaled but I don't think they will agree. Time will tell.

BrianGT2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 Mustang Eco Convertible
Dropped the car off today to the body shop, the adjuster said she double booked me and said it would be Monday before she could get out to me. Decided just to take it to the shop and have them start checking it out instead of waiting for her at my shop.
I will hopefully know something early next week. I'm leaning on totaled but I don't think they will agree. Time will tell.
MAKE SURE YOU GET DIMINISHED VALUE as someone else on here said. ALSO, REMEMBER you can argue with the insurance company, be picky when the car is done. I know when my 05 was hit and the insurance company handled it the first time the paint wasn't right on the front driver side fender. You could tell it had been repainted if you laid your head on the front of it and looked down and then went to the driver side door and looked down you could tell ever so slightly it had been repainted. I Wouldn't accept the vehicle. I pretty much keep my cars in show room condition. Even though I drive them I keep them pristine, it drives my wife crazy. My dog loves it because she basks out in the sun the whole time I am washing, waxing, and detailing the car ever weekend. Every time I have any paint work done I use the same guy I been using for the past 14 years. He has always been good to me and I don't let the insurance take it to "their" shop.

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
I bet the oncoming driver's insurance company is going to say you need to file under your comp and collision policy because there was no contact between their insured and your car.

Deleted member 35644

I bet the oncoming driver's insurance company is going to say you need to file under your comp and collision policy because there was no contact between their insured and your car.
This is why I would've just nailed the brake and kept the wheel straight. They're going to argue that the OP didn't HAVE to take the ditch, and while that's true, they don't care that he was trying to avoid hurting or killing someone. They just care that he purposefully left the payment, and they're going to argue no fault.
Sponsored