Sponsored

Has anyone replaced their Ricaros?

dpartn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Ford F350 Platinum 2010 Camaro SS 2016 Toyota Highlander Limited
I can't say I didn't go into it with the knowledge that the Ricaros were not the most comfortable seats. I test drove the R a few times before I bought one. I read the posts here that basically warned about how uncomfortable they can be for some. But I thought they wouldn't be an issue.
After finally owning the car and spending many hours in the seat, I must confess I would happily trade the seats or replace them if the option exists.
So the questions being, Can you put standard power leather GT350 seats in an R with any issues? If so, how hard is it likely to find a set? Do I have to find a pair to harvest from an existing car, or does Ford Performance or a third party sell a power seat option?
I liked the overall looks of the R over the standard 350, so no regrets at all. But I don't think I can live with those Ricaros. I am wondering what others may have done if they also could not comfortably enjoy their R due to the Ricaro seats. Thanks
Sponsored

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
Those gt350 recaros gotta be way better than the recaros us gt owners got...just looking at them one can see the extra cushioning..I always wanted to buy pair of those to replace my recaros..

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
It can be done, but to get full functionality.....with the heating and the venting working......thats harder. But they will bolt in. Its been done, there are threads in here on it.

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Maybe its because I'm not the biggest of guys 6'1 180 but I find the Recaros extremely comfortable especially with lower back support and they look badass why would anyone not want that in their car. I have been in the car for more than 2 hours at a time and felt they were great. It seems to be love or hate with people on here.

Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
@dpartn , check out Ebay. There’s several reclamation shops advertising there.

I always thought a hybrid, Recaro upper with sofa seat lower, would be the ideal seat for me.

Anyone do this?

(I spent a day in the Recaros at the TA and my right hip really started to bother me. Prolly looking at a hip replacement down the road...)

Purerock105

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350, 17 Raptor
Maybe its because I'm not the biggest of guys 6'1 180 but I find the Recaros extremely comfortable especially with lower back support and they look badass why would anyone not want that in their car. I have been in the car for more than 2 hours at a time and felt they were great. It seems to be love or hate with people on here.
I agree. I have Corbeau A4's in my C5 and have 1000mi trips a plenty, so after only owning my Shelby for 2 weeks I wondered how the Recaros would fare as I embarked on a 4800mi trip over 22 days. I'm 6-1, 185lbs and I was very comfortable both for my back and knees.

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
@dpartn , check out Ebay. There’s several reclamation shops advertising there.

I always thought a hybrid, Recaro upper with sofa seat lower, would be the ideal seat for me.

Anyone do this?

(I spent a day in the Recaros at the TA and my right hip really started to bother me. Prolly looking at a hip replacement down the road...)
Hmmm...hip replacement or seat replacement? Tough choice. Maybe both?

WayOfWilliam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby Gt350, 2006 Evo 9, 1974 Mazda REPU
Like others said, it can be done. I had the sofa seats in mine and wanted the recaros. Found a member here who was willing to trade, and it wasn't too bad. His seats into mine were plug and play. For his I had to do custom wiring as he didn't have the plug for the power controls. Feel free to reach out if you need wiring information.

William

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored
OP
OP
dpartn

dpartn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Ford F350 Platinum 2010 Camaro SS 2016 Toyota Highlander Limited
Like others said, it can be done. I had the sofa seats in mine and wanted the recaros. Found a member here who was willing to trade, and it wasn't too bad. His seats into mine were plug and play. For his I had to do custom wiring as he didn't have the plug for the power controls. Feel free to reach out if you need wiring information.

William
Thanks for that info. I personally need a bit more cushioning due to having a pretty bad back. I had thought in my test drives that it wasn't going to be the issue it ended up being. Perhaps I can add something to the Ricaros to make them tolerable. But if not, I would ultimately desire to switch out to the more comfortable seats....as much as some may deem it a sacrilege. Luckily, it isn't their car that I would be doing it to.
But, maybe Jay Leno also has sciatic nerve pain and needed them switched out for greater comfort too.:wink::crackup:

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
Check with Jay Leno. I think he swapped them out. I’ll send you his phone number.
Just ask Jay through his YouTube channel..he answers questions same as John Schneider(Bo Duke) does...really great guys!

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I personally need a bit more cushioning due to having a pretty bad back.
medical gell pad? take a look at the segmented air or gel pad for motorcycle saddles.

762Cat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350, 17 Charger HC, 16 Challenger HC
I'm in the opposite boat. Looking eventually to get a driver side only recaro to bolt up for track days. Non issue until the spring but from what I understand the bolt pattern is the same. Just the hook up for the seat functionality may be an issue as some stated. I literally just want that extra bolstering for track days.

As some said as well Jay Leno definitely did it on his 2016R.

1814GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 1971 GMC - 1988 GT - 1989 GT Pro Street - 1991 Vert - 1986 Coupe - 1987 Saleen 47
I have been looking for months for a manual mustang seat to bolt in... can't find anything.. I currently us a cushion I bought from purple to raise my legs up slightly to avoid my thighs digging into the bolster. Actually very comfortable but you loose the intent/pupose of the seat on the bottom.
Sponsored