OP

briskspirit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Igor
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Changed spark plugs - same feeling... (Got pre-gaped by Lethal Performance at .030)
And most noticeable after I cruise on highway 60-70mph for 20-30 mins and enter a city with red lights and ~30mph speeds. It is bucking like a horse and popping on deceleration.

How do I check my waste gate? Should I try to keep it open? (without WOT of course). If won't solve this - will go to PBD as they are local to me.

P.S.: I have a tune that was installed early 2016 so could be buggy Roush tune?
Sponsored

OP
OP

briskspirit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Igor
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Is it ok to drive mustang with roush without supercharger belt on?(without WOT)
I have an idea... my A/C sometimes blows cold and sometimes warm. Maybe A/C compressor locking up and that's why I am getting all those jerking and etc? So my idea was to remove the belt for a few days. Just a thought...

Edit: never mind... forgot that water pump is on the same belt

WOTPULLS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 and 2015 Mustang GT, Roush Supercharged,
Maybe look inside the maf bore to see if the carbon paper inside is loose. its stuck on with adhesive and could maybe be pulling up under throttle maybe? I would say plugs but you already tried that.

OP
OP

briskspirit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Igor
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Maybe look inside the maf bore to see if the carbon paper inside is loose. its stuck on with adhesive and could maybe be pulling up under throttle maybe? I would say plugs but you already tried that.
Thank you, will try this

Sponsored

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
Sometimes I have this same crappy behaviour on my 16 670hp Roush setup. I have learned to drive around it, so it isn’t a problem for me, but still an annoyance....

I am willing to bet both my kidneys the Roush-tune needs fine-tuning.....

Cheers,
Beano
Any solution on this? My Roush Phase 2 feels like its a dead pedal and then once you're around 20% pressed into throttle it comes to life.
Ditch the Roush tune it sucks. Get a custom tune from Lund, VMP or PBD and it will be night and day. I’m tuned by VMP and couldn’t be happier on my 17 Roush Phase 2.
My phase 2 is tuned by VMP and it still feels laggy and has the throttle delay, I've sent data logs and they say it's normal and that the throttle looks normal
WOW! Glad I checked out this thread. Got this 16 GT/CS recently with VMP 2.3 already installed, and found out VMP tuned it at their facility. It does the same part throttle "surge" y'all are complaining about (you can see the tach bounce about 50 RPM with yer foot rock steady) and the A6 trans shifting is, um, squirrelly. With that, WTF are these tuners doing with the throttle control part of the tune? A JDM Engineering tune is on order. I'll report again one it's uploaded and tested.

OP
OP

briskspirit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Igor
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
WOW! Glad I checked out this thread. Got this 16 GT/CS recently with VMP 2.3 already installed, and found out VMP tuned it at their facility. It does the same part throttle "surge" y'all are complaining about (you can see the tach bounce about 50 RPM with yer foot rock steady) and the A6 trans shifting is, um, squirrelly. With that, WTF are these tuners doing with the throttle control part of the tune? A JDM Engineering tune is on order. I'll report again one it's uploaded and tested.
Yes! Tach is bouncing like 50-100 rpm(I can't see it on my dash but confirm with datalog). And everything else is bouncing (AFR, throttle etc)

beetle6986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 04 Cobra, 2008 BMW 335
Yes! Tach is bouncing like 50-100 rpm(I can't see it on my dash but confirm with datalog). And everything else is bouncing (AFR, throttle etc)
Anybody ever figure this out. I know my car does this a little while cruising. Drives perfectly smooth when under throttle.
Sponsored