Sponsored

I Have Had Enough

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
The GT500 is awesome. I was going to be patient and not even start looking for a year or so to let ADMs die down.

Not now. As soon as I find an MSRP deal the Hellcat is going to be owned by a Ford dealership somewhere.

It maybe 6 months or a year but I am seriously starting the real searching right now for an MSRP deal.

If by some act of God I find one tomorrow, it's a done deal. I absolutely realize a MSRP deal anytime soon will only happen by said act. LOL.
Sponsored

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
The lure of the GT500 is strong. I would be on the hunt too if I wasn’t smitten with my supercharged GT.

Good luck in your search. I think if you are willing to pay a little ADM, you may get lucky.

I know many are completely against ADM, but I’d swing a little mark up for the right car.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
id suggest you get off the msrp only kick. stock hype is one thing, but build potential will add even more.

You have no idea how many 500 hater friends of mine, have been turned asking me for lines on msrp

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I dont get this whole MSRP or bust thing. I mean 5k over the life of the car is nothing. Are you going to miss out on this experience for a small ADM? You are going to be dead soon. Be happy in this life. If you can't spring for a small ADM, you need to look at Toyota's or something.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
id suggest you get off the msrp only kick. stock hype is one thing, but build potential will add even more.

You have no idea how many 500 hater friends of mine, have been turned asking me for lines on msrp
I absolutely can imagine how many have asked. I waited for a no MSRP deal on my 2017 GT350. I understand the GT500 is going to be more in demand but like I said, I’ll dig until I do. If in a year it proves to be a futile attempt at MSRP I’ll readjust. Maybe I pull the trigger before that at a $5K markup. Time will tell.

I am a realist not a dreamer.

OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I dont get this whole MSRP or bust thing. I mean 5k over the life of the car is nothing. Are you going to miss out on this experience for a small ADM? You are going to be dead soon. Be happy in this life. If you can't spring for a small ADM, you need to look at Toyota's or something.
Funny I was typing my $5K comment as you posted. Yes, $5K ADM for this car would be a mistake to pass on after I exhausted all leads or even early on.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I absolutely can imagine how many have asked. I waited for a no MSRP deal on my 2017 GT350. I understand the GT500 is going to be more in demand but like I said, I’ll dig until I do. If in a year it proves to be a futile attempt at MSRP I’ll readjust. Maybe I pull the trigger before that at a $5K markup. Time will tell.

I am a realist not a dreamer.
Im just saying, if you want it, find one and act. Look at the 997.1s and 996, manuals, they have actually increased in prices, even used over the past years. why? because owners and the community have gotten together and decided they refuse to sell for anythign less than what they feel, or the community feels, its worth.

for instance, shopping low mileage 997.1 6mt, under 40k miles. bluebook or nada value is like 50k.. actual sales prices, lowest of 65- 85k. sure, not n exact comparison, if these turn out to be as awesome as i know it is, and the dct is strong, expect even used prices to hold near msrp levels.. especially considering adms were paid

MadMoose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stuff
They'll be selling at MSRP or less in a year or two just like the GT350. Just like the previous GT500s. Only reason to pay more is if you absolutely have to have it now.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
They'll be selling at MSRP or less in a year or two just like the GT350. Just like the previous GT500s. Only reason to pay more is if you absolutely have to have it now.
The GT350 took a lot longer than that to sell at MSRP. It will come down to production numbers and demand.

Sponsored

MadMoose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stuff
The GT350 took a lot longer than that to sell at MSRP. It will come down to production numbers and demand.
Shrug. I got my GT350 for MSRP in the first year they were out. If they don't come down I'll be just as happy getting the new M3 in a manual transmission for well under MSRP.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Shrug. I got my GT350 for MSRP in the first year they were out. If they don't come down I'll be just as happy getting the new M3 in a manual transmission for well under MSRP.
so did I (16 track pack), but MSRP was not the norm. My dealership wanted a 20K markup. Well, end of month, end of year.....MSRP

ParsonsWV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2002 C5
"A Toyota or something (but not a TRD Pro)."
Trust me been down that road with a 4Runner TRF pro. This was 2,5 years ago but finding one at MSRP was a challenge.

ParsonsWV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2002 C5
Be happy getting a BMW with higher cost of maintenance and less resale value? Please. Don't go throwing that around in this conversation. If you want a M3 then more power to you but comparing those two cars is just dumb. Not even the same type car. Hmm let me compare a 33' cabin cruiser that I can live in and a 23' jet boat I can take out for a day.
Both go fast as the other but with different purposes.
I am so tired of people not willing to pay for the new GT500, saying well I will settle for this but its just as good bc of X and Y reason.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Just found a 16 for 1k ADM here in Texas. Put a deposit down and picking it up hopefully friday or saturday! The dealers near me are still trying to get 10-20k over sticker for 2016s and 2017s as well.
One of these statements is a lie..
Sponsored