Sponsored

KeyFob Programming (pref. SOMD) (or deactivating MyKey)

munizfire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Hey guys!

So, I'm having issues with my keyfobs. I currently have 3 (2 programmed to the car, and one extra that I purchased with the intention of programming myself using the cupholder method, which didn't work, more on that later).

So, like 2 weeks ago, while 'messing around' with the settings, apparently, I locked both my programmed keys to MYKey. Naturally, having both locked, I can't seem to clear the MYKey settings, which means I'm stuck with low volume, restricted speed, restricted music, etc...

I called the 2 local ford dealerships, but they told me they would have to re-program the whole key management system (Lexington Park would do it for $150; Leonardtown for $90); Batteries + quoted me $50, BUT they weren't able to program the third key, since, apparently, they car has had 4 keyfobs married to it already (which explains why the cupholder method didn't work).
I also tried with FORScan, but couldn't find the PATS option, and chickened out (lol).

Do any of you have any recommendation/alternative on what to do? Is there any back-door to MyKey? Would an OBD2 Key-programmer work? Do any of you know any place /anyone that might be able to hook me up here?

So far, I'm taking the car to the dealership for warranty (unrelated) and if I can't find any alternatives before then, I'll pay them to fix it.

Thanks
Sponsored