Sponsored

Michelin pilot sport A/S 3+ straight line traction?

Nate_V8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/CS
Changed direction and going with firehawk indy 500s now.
Sponsored

Last edited:

kent0464

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kent
Vehicle(s)
1983 Ford Ranger, 1986 SVO Mustang, 2017 Mustang GT PP, 2017 F150 3.5 Eco
Vehicle Showcase
So I'm going to be picking up some new tires and it is looking like I will be getting these (yes the all season ones, it gets cold here in spring and fall and straight summer tires are not an option)

The stock 255 nero zeroes are terrible! I sometimes spin in 3rd at the top end. Was wondering if anyone had any experience with the a/s 3+? How would you compare straight line traction from a dig? 1st and 2nd are pretty much useless with the stock neros. I'll be getting the a/s 3+ in 255 also, sadly the CS rims only come in one size.

Thanks
Any all season is gonna suck for straight line acceleration, but those A/S 3+ will be better than the OEM zeros.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Any all season is gonna suck for straight line acceleration, but those A/S 3+ will be better than the OEM zeros.
+1 The A/S 3+ is the best performing all season out there, period. That said the BF Goodrich G-Force Comp-2 A/S is also very good for the price.

OP
OP
Nate_V8

Nate_V8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/CS
I was debating on the g force comp 2 A/S also.

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
I can't speak to the Michelins but I run the Gforce Comp 2 A/S during the colder seasons and the difference in traction on acceleration is minimal. The factory summer tire may get slightly better traction under perfect conditions but the all seasons get good traction in most conditions and I find them to be far more predictable for daily driving.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Nate_V8

Nate_V8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/CS
I can't speak to the Michelins but I run the Gforce Comp 2 A/S during the colder seasons and the difference in traction on acceleration is minimal. The factory summer tire may get slightly better traction under perfect conditions but the all seasons get good traction in most conditions and I find them to be far more predictable for daily driving.
Factory summer tire? I'm coming from the crappy pirelli Pzero Nero all season tires. I read the michelin A/S 3+ get nearly as good traction as the michelin summer 4S. Only thing that doesn't tell me anything about traction from a dig

bdm219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, 401A, AE, B&O
I had the A/S 3+ on my 17. I was quite happy with them. Very decent grip in dry and wet. My car never saw snow, so I can't comment on that. If you're going to go all seasons, these are the ones to have in my opinion.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Factory summer tire? I'm coming from the crappy pirelli Pzero Nero all season tires. I read the michelin A/S 3+ get nearly as good traction as the michelin summer 4S. Only thing that doesn't tell me anything about traction from a dig
I had those pirelli’s on my 16 GT. They are honestly the worst tire I have ever experienced driving with. My 19 GT PP1 had the PS 4S for the first 300-400 miles, then I switched to the PS A/S 3+. The difference between the 4s and 3+ is minimal, especially on a straight line, you only really notice a difference on a hard turn (the 4S felt like you could “push it” a tiny bit more). On a straight line, the PS A/S 3+ is so much better that the 15-17 a/s Pirelli garbage tires that there aren’t adequate words available.

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I bought the A/S 3+, and straight line traction seems to be better. I think it was the dealership that said that the OEM Pirelli's aren't quite the same tire as what you would buy as replacement tires with the same name. In any case, Pirelli also has the "P Zero All Season Plus", which should be comparable to the A/S 3+ . One difference, the A/S 3+ have a slightly higher speed rating. Both tires may higher rolling resistance than the regular Pirelli.

Sponsored

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Did Ford sign a contract with Pirelli for like ten million "P Zero Nero" all-seasons that they can't get out of? The standard/base all-season tire on the Mustang should be the A/S 3+, or at least Pirelli's newer All Season Plus. The P Zero Nero design is over ten years old.

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Did Ford sign a contract with Pirelli for like ten million "P Zero Nero" all-seasons that they can't get out of? The standard/base all-season tire on the Mustang should be the A/S 3+, or at least Pirelli's newer All Season Plus. The P Zero Nero design is over ten years old.
Nearly all cars come with bad tires... I will never understand it.

jcl78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium / PP1 / MT-82
Vehicle Showcase
The A/S3+'s offer better response and grip than the crappy PZero's, in every temp. I am running the stock staggered PP1 sizes in the A/S3+, couldn't be happier. Like you, summer tires are a no go, as temps are averaging 25 - 47 degrees right now in CO. I will be running these A/S3+'s year round as they are such a competent performer. Highly recommended, the hype is real.

involutions

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I put two A/S 3+ on the front of my GT premium, 255/40/19, and tramlining is GONE. Before that, with the standard Pilot Sport, the car was all over the road. (I live in Maine and we have severe troughs in the road). I haven't tried them on the back yet, but if they really grip almost as good as a 4s, I don't see a down side to them. Treadwear spec is pretty high for a tire that sticky.

OP
OP
Nate_V8

Nate_V8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/CS
Well I'm actually going to trying out some firehawk indy 500s, going with a square 285 setup. Price point is just too high this year with buying rims also. $400 vs $237 each here. Big difference. If I don't store the car at the end of october I'll just switch to my winter wheels early. it's usually around +/-40 here at the end of october so the indy 500s will do fine. Maybe I'll get michelin 3+ after the indy 500s
Sponsored