Sponsored

The GT350's have really gotten cheap.

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
I have snow tires coming this week. I drive all my sports cars year long. They clear the roads here fast anyway and winter tires are used more for the cold pavement than driving in snow, but I just don't see the point in the car sitting in the garage just because it is a clear sunny day and 30 degrees outside. I have a JL Jeep Wrangler for the really bad days, but not once have I ever had an issue (accident, affected the value of trade in, etc). I wash the undercarriage and use a number of products to keep the snow/salt off. I just can't imagine putting the car in the garage for 3-6+ months every year.
Where are you in New England that you consider the roads "fast" (and isn't saturated in so much winter time salt that you can taste it blows around so much)? Up in Mass VT & NH it seems every damned road is work in progress or only temporarily nice for a year or two - fast today lunar surface tomorrow. I use to daily drive mustangs - but back then I was young and energetic so keeping them clean this time of year and the ridiculous effort to do so was almost tolerable...and I didn't have choices like twin turbo SUV to blast around in crappy weather with as I do now (speaking for that just got my Explorer Sport back from rear collision repairs last Thursday - yea!). The cold is indeed the bigger obstacle that gets the Shelby shelved early but with today's turbo SUVs and the number of idiots driving beyond their means I'm ok with waiting for drier warmer weather....when detailing is about minor water stains on the ppf & opticoat not washing corrosive salt spray from nooks & undercarriages. To each their own - if I ever see a Shelby out in this mess I will salute the driver's confidence or stubbornness and carefree auto investment freedom that I just can't relate to. Cheers & safe travels.
Sponsored

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Where are you in New England that you consider the roads "fast" (and isn't saturated in so much winter time salt that you can taste it blows around so much)? Up in Mass VT & NH it seems every damned road is work in progress or only temporarily nice for a year or two - fast today lunar surface tomorrow. I use to daily drive mustangs - but back then I was young and energetic so keeping them clean this time of year and the ridiculous effort to do so was almost tolerable...and I didn't have choices like twin turbo SUV to blast around in crappy weather with as I do now (speaking for that just got my Explorer Sport back from rear collision repairs last Thursday - yea!). The cold is indeed the bigger obstacle that gets the Shelby shelved early but with today's turbo SUVs and the number of idiots driving beyond their means I'm ok with waiting for drier warmer weather....when detailing is about minor water stains on the ppf & opticoat not washing corrosive salt spray from nooks & undercarriages. To each their own - if I ever see a Shelby out in this mess I will salute the driver's confidence or stubbornness and carefree auto investment freedom that I just can't relate to. Cheers & safe travels.
I live in Hartford, CT suburbs. They clear our roads immediately here after each and every storm. I drove a Miata all last winter (on winter tires) that had coilovers and was lower to the ground than my GT350 with zero issues. It's all about the tires. Prior to that a C7 Z51 I drove as well all year. We got about 14" last Mon-Tues and I was out driving again by Wednesday afternoon as the roads were clear.

I have a pressure washer and an undercarriage sprayer and have never had any rust or other issues. With the advanced nano coatings now, all you need to do is spray the car with a pressure washer and then hit it with some recharge spray. I also don't keep my cars more than 5 years or so, and resale wise, whether you drive it in the winter or not it has no bearing.

Like I said if there is any accumulation of snow I take the Jeep.

Sponsored

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)

762Cat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350, 17 Charger HC, 16 Challenger HC
Its so they can get a bigger asking price from Fiat......oh wait, that's Ford v Ferrari I'm thinking of. ;-)
(Great flick)
That was a great movie. Ironically Fiat buys Ferrari....Fiat merges with Chrysler eventually to form FCA. So FCA (Chrysler owns Ferrari) until letting it go a few years ago. Ford buys and benchmarks a Ferrari motor to build develop and test the GT350 motor right around that same time ..... It's a crazy world.

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
I can confidently say I do not regret one bit paying MSRP back in Jan 2017 on my 350... It was not without work and hand wrangling...

The whole process Kind of puts me off from pursuing a 500 tbh ... that and the automatic transmission.

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
I can confidently say I do not regret one bit paying MSRP back in Jan 2017 on my 350... It was not without work and hand wrangling...

The whole process Kind of puts me off from pursuing a 500 tbh ... that and the automatic transmission.
I try not to look back on things like that too. If I'm going to play those wish head games I would have done more than just timed car purchases
I had to have a 19 and with my option choices so getting in 2-3K under MSRP was gravy.

Last edited:

joekr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I just picked up a 19 350R for 4700 off sticker. Had to drive 4.5 hours to south of St. Louis but it was sooo worth it.

Right now is a great time to buy!

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
So I just checked on the value of 2016 cars. About 34 - 38K. The damn cars are scratching FOUR years old. That is not bad in the depreciation trend. So it's lost about 9% every year. German cars lose 20% the second you christen it with your own fvcking fart that you so diligently worked for the night before at your pinkies up restaurant. M4's are $70K starting (and no one buys a BMW without options) and you can pick up a 2018 for like $53 - 55. ONE year. $15 20K gone. OUCH.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I think that fluctuates big time by region. I have a good friend that just bought a 16 with 19k miles for 45k.

So I just checked on the value of 2016 cars. About 34 - 38K. The damn cars are scratching FOUR years old. That is not bad in the depreciation trend. So it's lost about 9% every year. German cars lose 20% the second you christen it with your own fvcking fart that you so diligently worked for the night before at your pinkies up restaurant. M4's are $70K starting (and no one buys a BMW without options) and you can pick up a 2018 for like $53 - 55. ONE year. $15 20K gone. OUCH.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
I think that fluctuates big time by region. I have a good friend that just bought a 16 with 19k miles for 45k.
Yea, my 2016 with 25k miles is still hovering around $38k-$42k. I also still have 5yrs left of the extended warranty and maintenance currently valued over $4000 if you were to get them today.

mtd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350
I just picked up my 17’ with 13k miles for 41k. Was mint stock with front/rocker PPF/car cover then dropped another 2k to extend the powertrain out till 2025.

Happy with my purchase just need the weather to warm up now :)

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Traded my 16 with 20K in Sept 2019 and got $38,200 for trade.
It is still on the lot in GA for $40k. They original advertised it at 45K and I have watched it drop.
Sponsored