Andrewg

Sun, Sea, Sand and Camels
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic GT 401A
Well wanted to give an update to this. Took apart today and the original pulley was not only loose on the eccentrics but the crank bolt was as well. Took it all apart and installed all new pieces...including a new pulley. Put on a green belt tightened to spec, remounted the pro-flow valve to a better location and got it all back together before dinner..:)
Went and did some pulls and data logged a little bit ago...yeah she is fixed, and fast!
Seeing 13.5 psi at 7450 rpm. Thanks for all the replies and advice...great forum we have here....:cheers:
What did you do about the crank bolt? Stock is a TTY bolt and the one in the stage 2 kit was a little longer than stock if I remember. I assume it's also a TTY bolt. Couldn't find a replacement when I looked.
Sponsored

OP
OP
whatsup62

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
I installed another crank bolt....used red loctite and torqued to 90ft lbs. Never had another issue. Not sure why the first two didnt hold...maybe oil in threads.

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
When installed correctly, they are actually stronger. ;)

Loads of daily driver/weekend warriors out there with 50,100,125+ k miles on those lot setups. Been using it for almost 10 years. :) Camaros, Corvettes, Trucks, etc...

My personal daily driver has 100,000k+ miles on its cam-lock crank pulley.
Its honestly the LAST thing I worry about. I am more worried about the starter going out someday lol. I mean it has to fail at sometime right? 240k miles lol

But nothing wrong with a properly installed ATI/Crank pulley combo either. :)

I guess this is why you ignored my PM about the crank.

Andrewg

Sun, Sea, Sand and Camels
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic GT 401A
I installed another crank bolt....used red loctite and torqued to 90ft lbs. Never had another issue. Not sure why the first two didnt hold...maybe oil in threads.
Did you get a new one from Procharger? I've seen ARP bolts but they're stock length and not 120mm like the stage 2 bolt supplied with the kit.

OP
OP
whatsup62

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you get a new one from Procharger? I've seen ARP bolts but they're stock length and not 120mm like the stage 2 bolt supplied with the kit.
I did get it straight from Procharger.

Sponsored

OP
OP
whatsup62

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you have any more issues after going to 90lbs? I am fighting this demon now.
Are You fighting the balancer bolt coming loose or the eccentrics? No after I re-torqued it down that last time it has never loosened up again.

Toy Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I went through this but didn’t get as lucky as you. Mine was found to be only slightly loose however it broke the oil pump gear and trashed my crank. I chalked it up to install error on my part but who knows. I ended up replacing the crank and had it double keyed, installed an ATI balancer, and a bolt on pulley. We also used and MMR support washer and ARP bolt. So far so good with a best of 8.78 in the 1/4.

Sponsored

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Stock balancer. How do you lock the flex plate?
There is a tool that bolts in place of starter that holds the flexplate. It's a must have for 6r80 to torque the balancer bolt. Manual cars can just put in gear and pull ebrake.

Haddama

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
There is a tool that bolts in place of starter that holds the flexplate. It's a must have for 6r80 to torque the balancer bolt. Manual cars can just put in gear and pull ebrake.
Can you give me a part number or picture? Thanks