Sponsored

Edelbrock SC fuel rails

17BlueCoyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT
Has anyone had trouble installing the fuel rails on an edelbrock sc with id1050x injectors? The bolt holes don't line up worth a f@#k.
Sponsored

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
oh they line up, they are just a PITA to line up once it's actually on the car, this is mentioned already in the troubleshooting thread that is 60 pages, if you search it, you will find suggestion on how to do handle this

OP
OP
17BlueCoyote

17BlueCoyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT
oh they line up, they are just a PITA to line up once it's actually on the car, this is mentioned already in the troubleshooting thread that is 60 pages, if you search it, you will find suggestion on how to do handle this
Great lol. Thank you for your help

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
Let us know how this ends up, I will be going through the same thing once winter is over. These rails were the single most painful part of the install on my 2650 kit. I'm scared to take them off and go through it again lol

zrwhat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I posted in the troubleshooting thread that I had the same issue as you. I just installed the 1050X's over Thanksgiving and there was zero chance of getting them installed without modifying the rails. I have a 2017 and one of the first couple 2650's released so not sure if that had something to do with it but I had to slot the mounting holes in the fuel rails. With the rails compressed down on the injectors and the rail against the supercharger I only had half of the threaded hole in view when looking through the mounting hole in the rail. I possibly could have pulled the rail out away from the supercharger and used the length of the cap screw to get it started but thought that may have caused a potential leak like others have struggled with. With the slots the screws installed without issue and no leaks so far.

Sponsored

OP
OP
17BlueCoyote

17BlueCoyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT
I posted in the troubleshooting thread that I had the same issue as you. I just installed the 1050X's over Thanksgiving and there was zero chance of getting them installed without modifying the rails. I have a 2017 and one of the first couple 2650's released so not sure if that had something to do with it but I had to slot the mounting holes in the fuel rails. With the rails compressed down on the injectors and the rail against the supercharger I only had half of the threaded hole in view when looking through the mounting hole in the rail. I possibly could have pulled the rail out away from the supercharger and used the length of the cap screw to get it started but thought that may have caused a potential leak like others have struggled with. With the slots the screws installed without issue and no leaks so far.
Yeah that's the same issue I'm having. The rails don't even want to sit at the correct angle against the supercharger housing. I've ordered some m6x25mmx1.00 pitch studs to install into the s.c. housing to make it easier then trying to get a bolt to tread in.

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
Yeah that's the same issue I'm having. The rails don't even want to sit at the correct angle against the supercharger housing. I've ordered some m6x25mmx1.00 pitch studs to install into the s.c. housing to make it easier then trying to get a bolt to tread in.
Curious how the stud setup works out for you. Let me know, might help get the rail aligned before tightening down.

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Boy I would like to meet the asshole that designed this shit. So far I'm not impressed with the Edelbrock kit at all. No response back when you email them. I even called to ask what percentage was the overdrive on the 8 rib kit and his response was "it varies." How the hell does it vary. Lol. So after measuring the original and the new harmonic balancer, it's 15%
Yeah it's a 15% OD on the 8 rib

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Wow, lol "it varies" :facepalm:

You must have gotten the new guy, or someone with one foot out the door.

Injectors and rails seem to be the biggest install issue people have. There's certainly some room for improvement, but it doesn't mean it's garbage or the design is inherently bad. Sometimes aftermarket parts don't play nice together. The OE rails are designed for a specific length injector, and so are the Eddy rails, though even the LU47s give people fits. There's enough meat on the rail flanges to open up or slot the holes though, and that's really all it takes.

Sponsored

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
Did you ever get around to try out using a stud/nut setup on the rails? I will be changing injectors soon and curious if it made things any better or worse.

OP
OP
17BlueCoyote

17BlueCoyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT
The studs will get in the way of the fuel rails. Just enlarge the holes like others have stated.
Sponsored