SC and Half Shaft Question

Hadelson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
19 Roush RS3 P2, 6 speed; Lots of suspension work
Doing my home work now with plans to boost my 19GT early Spring. It's a PP1-MT with 3.73. I am not big on hard launches-but might on rare occasion do this. Mostly roll starts. I have a lot of suspension mods by Steeda installed so wheel hop and suspension slop is not a factor. Car handles on rails. I am leaning towards the Roush SC due to warranty and don't plan on pushing RPM's past 6500.

Spoke to Roush Tech last week and was told they are not upgrading Half Shafts on RS3 cars? Was told current GT half shafts will hold if you are not doing track runs Etc.

What say those with more experience in this area?

Thanks
Sponsored

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Rolls don't break half shafts, digs do. How ever they can break when launching NA, they can break during just the burn out. I would 100% recommend at least upgrading to the '20 GT500 half shafts, they'e like $350 each. How ever if you plan to really race the car, at least grab some DSS Renegades

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
What tire are u going to run?

SpArKy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Rolls don't break half shafts, digs do. How ever they can break when launching NA, they can break during just the burn out. I would 100% recommend at least upgrading to the '20 GT500 half shafts, they'e like $350 each. How ever if you plan to really race the car, at least grab some DSS Renegades
can u get the '20 GT500 half shafts yet?

Sponsored

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
I'm still trying to figure that out. I am looking at wider rear wheel 19 x10.5". Most likely will put Michelin Summer tire on the car
Ok so a basic street tire. I'd stay with stock axles. Just gonna spin all over. Won't break anything spinning.

QWKSLVR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jamie
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Mustang GT
Do you know the part# for the ‘20 GT500 axles?

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Ok so a basic street tire. I'd stay with stock axles. Just gonna spin all over. Won't break anything spinning.
Unless it starts wheel-hopping, in which case they probably won’t cope for long.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Hadelson

Hadelson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
19 Roush RS3 P2, 6 speed; Lots of suspension work
No Hop. I have the suspension with a lot of Steeda components to remove the hop and tighten it up. Flat as a board when wheels do break lose.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
If your not launching it at the drag strip, I would leave the stock ones in. Clutches and axles can survive if your not beating on them. With that said, I replaced mine because I give her daily beatings along with several trips to the strip a year! Good luck!:thumbsup:

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
I've seen em break on E85 n/a set up's too. Stock 1/2 shafts appear to have approx 150 1/4 mile runs in them on dr's before failure.