Sponsored

Car magazines being cancelled

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Less magazines and more pre-gapped spark plugs. There was a time in this country when young people actually could build and repair things. Now we have a generation that has to buy pre-gapped spark plugs because they can't or are afraid to gap their own. We used to sit on the john and read a magazine when we took a shit. Now we have all these people living thru a 3" phone screen to see what's in their virtual tool box.
3in phone screens? what is this 2005? Phones are 5.5-6.5in now.
Sponsored

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
I have used the internet since early 2000ā€™s anyway so it is not a loss to me. Less trees being used for paper equals more oxygen. ;). Next...
My young kid comes home from grade school and states basically that we should build houses out of stone/ concrete to save the trees. He learned that in school.
Then I ask him how many rocks has he seen growing out in the woods?

When the paper industry slows down because a lack of product needed then the property will be sold for greater profit to build homes. They will clear property of all vegetation to build the homes.
The tree farmers have a very efficient and healthy farming system that is actually very good for the planet. So by you not buying the magazines and using the internet you are damaging our earth!

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
My young kid comes home from grade school and states basically that we should build houses out of stone/ concrete to save the trees. He learned that in school.
Then I ask him how many rocks has he seen growing out in the woods?

When the paper industry slows down because a lack of product needed then the property will be sold for greater profit to build homes. They will clear property of all vegetation to build the homes.
The tree farmers have a very efficient and healthy farming system that is actually very good for the planet. So by you not buying the magazines and using the internet you are damaging our earth!
I do miss the bathroom stack. Lol.

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
MM&FF used to have some great articles, I still have a few copies from the '90s.

Stangfan6818

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 GT/CS and 2018 GT Premium Fastback
What are they going to do with paid subscriptions for the print version? I just renewed my sub to MM&FF and Hot Rod for 3 years. Are they going to refund my money or convert it to digital?
I literally just renewed my subscription to Mustang Monthly for 2 years. My last issue was to be Jan 2020. I fired off an email to their subscription dept yesterday demanding a refund. Hopefully they will do the right thing.

Sponsored

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
Relax - it's evolution.
We know more about cars now that we ever did in the golden era of printed media.
We have more information at our fingertips which allow us to do so much more than before.
Google how to gap plugs if pre-gappers are freaking you out. It's all still there - so is ready made supper. lol
You get to decide. I check my pre-gaps. It's all good.
I cloned my hard drive this AM. Replaced front struts in a beamer last week.
Installed and fixed a hundred other things without readin a magazine on the can. Here's an idea - get up and do something until you really have to go poop. Much less wasted time sitting in the bathroom. :giggle:

Snakes&horses

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shelby gt500 vert tungsten grey stripe delete black/red int.,2019 GT 400a PP1 A10 spoiler delete RR coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Well this sucks... I too just renewed muscle car review and mustang monthly for 2 years and am personally not a fan of digital content. I tried it but just didnā€™t like it. Guess Iā€™m old school as well,at least I felt like with an actual hard copy I got something for my money ( full disclosure Iā€™m one of those people that saves and organizes all my mags lol ) with technology constantly changing and laptops/iPads/tablets becoming outdated quickly or breaking the potential for losing your digital library can be high. I know others will disagree or like the digital trend and too each theyā€™re own but Iā€™m going to miss the walk to the mailbox to be pleasantly surprised to find mixed in with all the junk mail, bills and other nonsense flyers is a new car magazine or 2 that I will be able to happily hold in my hands and read at my leisure without having to sign on too my electronic device to retrieve ..... just my 2 cents

Endokendal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Ruby Red
Less magazines and more pre-gapped spark plugs. There was a time in this country when young people actually could build and repair things. Now we have a generation that has to buy pre-gapped spark plugs because they can't or are afraid to gap their own. We used to sit on the john and read a magazine when we took a shit. Now we have all these people living thru a 3" phone screen to see what's in their virtual tool box.
And get the hell off my lawn you degenerates!
Wow, this would be really a funny post if it wasnā€™t so sad.
Iā€™ve never understood the whole reading while taking a shit thing. I get it done and get out... who enjoys sitting in the stench?

CB18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Stingray
Maybe they have wives that never STFU and the bathroom is the only place to get any peace

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
The only one I had was MM&FF which has become 80% advertising and my subscription runs out in April 2020. I wasn't going to renew any way.

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
ā€œWhile TEN Publishing will no longer print the following magazines,ā€ he wrote, ā€œ[MotorTrend Group] will continue to offer our audiences and advertisers digital coverage for these discontinued print titles online,ā€ adding that subscribers to the shuttered magazines will be offered digital subscriptions to MotorTrend, Hot Rod or Four Wheeler as well as MotorTrendā€˜s video streaming service.

They can take anything branded Motor Trend and shove it up their a**es.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
I too just paid for some subscriptions, not sure which ones, but it doesn't matter if they don't send them all. I ordered them for the free clocks that I'm hanging on shop walls.
The hot rod stuff as gone way to overboard now for me to enjoy.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I was a subscriber to Car & Driver for many years. But, I gave it up about 2 years ago because what was in the magazine was already old news by the time it appeared in printed form. There were also sooo many ads.

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Iā€™ve never understood the whole reading while taking a shit thing. I get it done and get out... who enjoys sitting in the stench?
I was never a shitter/reader but my father-in-law used to call it "the reading room".

Weather Man

Persistance is a Bitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 I4 T Prem Auto
When online forums can't survive because phone users have the attention span of knats from using facebook, you knew print wasn't gonna make it.
Sponsored