Sponsored

Ran across TWO super shady dealers in Texas yesterday...

OP
OP

ixfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
You’re focusing on the phone call. The dishonesty lies in the ads themselves. They are listing cars with vins and stock numbers that they don’t have to sell. And worse, they are using pricing that isn’t real either. All of that BAIT you and me into getting on the phone in an attempt to SWITCH us to a different car and price than the one advertised.

I’m surprised you don’t see the dishonesty in this. Think about it this way... there’s a person at these dealerships that had to sit down and produce that listing for their website (and the countless other sites that would pick that up). What were they thinking at that moment? What was their intention? They know they don’t have that to car sell (on the lot, inbound, or even an allocation). They know the price isn’t real either. Yet they click the submit button anyway... you’re cool with that? Awesome.
Sponsored

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
You’re focusing on the phone call. The dishonesty lies in the ads themselves. They are listing cars with vins and stock numbers that they don’t have to sell. And worse, they are using pricing that isn’t real either. All of that BAIT you and me into getting on the phone in an attempt to SWITCH us to a different car and price than the one advertised.

I’m surprised you don’t see the dishonesty in this. Think about it this way... there’s a person at these dealerships that had to sit down and produce that listing for their website (and the countless other sites that would pick that up). What were they thinking at that moment? What was their intention? They know they don’t have that to car sell (on the lot, inbound, or even an allocation). They know the price isn’t real either. Yet they click the submit button anyway... you’re cool with that? Awesome.
You are correct in the bait and switch. But, its going on all levels. Some do add backs, but its in the small print. I've contacted about 40plus dealers and half won't give me a straight answer, some say its an auction to highest bidder, and some say it sold last night even though it was listed same day. Only a few have balls to list with their 30K ADM.

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Report the tactics to the news and your state AG’s office. I hate this type of BS scam marketing. It’s called bait and switch and it’s illegal.
OP, you might actually get somewhere with this in Texas. I know they dont put up with BS.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
The dishonesty lies in the ads themselves
Did they, or did they NOT state they can get you one, or put you on the list for one. youre issue seems to be with the price at which they would attain one for you.

Sponsored

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Voodoo is blind to the dishonesty from dealers...but accuses Ford of dishonorable practices because a kid got his car before him...makes sense huh!!!
The blindness comes from them seeing (some) people not being able to pay mortgage or school loans after being victims of predatory lending and half lies. Not saying this is exactly the same, but it's part of the lying business culture. Consumer rights being trampled on. Thieves steal and feel justified because they think if you are dumb enough, you deserve it. Some thieves steal time.

My point is some have grown to accept that our economy thrives on half baked lies. Where is the value in that? To each their own, but be honest about it. Corporations and banks manipulate the market rather than letting it work on its own weight. That is unethical and stacking the deck. Shame on anyone who supports such manipulation. Remember when dealers stopped mass transit and direct buying from manufactures! You now see Ford just ordered dealers of the eMach to NOT sale under MRSP? Let take the high road.

OP
OP

ixfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Did they, or did they NOT state they can get you one, or put you on the list for one. youre issue seems to be with the price at which they would attain one for you.
Actually no, they did NOT. One offered take my money with zero allocations to offer. The other tried to sell me an entirely different car. Neither dealer have the car or line of sight to to the car. So no, they did NOT say they could get me one. And that’s before we even address the fake price!

Despite my repeated posts about this NOT being ADM you continue to insinuate that I’m upset about ADM.

False advertising is dishonest. Bait and switch is dishonest.

The fact that you can’t see this or would defend such business practices makes you as shady as these dealers, imho.

Good day sir!

Last edited:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Putting all the ADM, pricing and other technicalities aside...

Let me ask this, regarding the $126k GT500 listed by Access Ford of Corpus Christi TX:

The VIN to it (1FA6P8SJ1L5500711) is ONLY showing as belonging to all of their online ads - it does not surface under any other Dealer at all... the same holds true for the stock number.

How can ANY Ford Dealership “fake” having a legitimate GT500 VIN and stock number?

Isn’t it entirely possible that the Dealership was allocated that specific VIN (vehicle) BUT that someone (maybe Franchise Owner or some top-dog customer) already had dibs on that allocated unit AND they are just using it to lure in Customers to their website and physical location?

I mean, it has been done in the past (many times over) with any specialty Mustangs (or Ford GT)...

Sure, one can call it deceitful practices, or perhaps that they don’t have THAT car physically available on their lot, but it’s all allowable within the realm of Automobile Sales & Tactics. How do you, I or anyone else for that matter know if whomever reserved their allocated unit doesn’t fall through on wanting it - maybe the ad is out there as a fail safe in the event the deal falls through.

Is it a waste of time? It’s all speculative and a different perspective... I mean, you yourself are wasting ANY time calling around ANYWHERE trying to find a GT500 - whether the Dealership you call actually has or will be getting one, right? I mean, no one is holding you hostage saying to call Dealerships XYZ for hours on end, right? You’re taking it upon yourself to take that time out of your day to call around - be it not finding one OR finding one to your specs.

Same is true with putting ANY deposit or money down on one - that’s the sole decision of the potential buyer, NO ONE is forcing anyone’s hand to put money down on anything, but that singular person who “must have it”.

These Dealerships can advertise whatever they want - if it brings customers to their door, more power to them.

I don’t think it’s possible for them to get a random GT500 VIN that they don’t have privilege to (or make one up) and advertise it around, as that would be breaking any Ford Franchise Policies or Procedures.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
OK, let me set the record straight.

The VIN in question, 0711 is my VIN and that CFTP in the ad is mine. Who knows, maybe they're positioning themselves for another buyer if my purchase falls through. (zero chance of that.)

Anyway, Roger is also one of the two salesman that helped me with this purchase. At first they didn't have a Golden Ticket allocation, only a base, so the allocation guy bugged the Regional Rep all during that first week of ordering. Low and behold, this guy turned up a GT allocation for the dealership and I immediately put my name on the VIN.

Yes, their standard Shelby ADM is $10k. By being over a year ahead of ordering, I was able to clinch a deal for only $5k and they are honoring it.

This is a fine dealership although I don't pay attention to dealer ads online. What they do there is up to the GM and the IT guy, not Sales, me thinks.

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
No shit, really? Any dealer can put you on a list for a car they don't have an allocation for.
Why you are trying to defend these dealers is beyond me.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
If dealers are selling CFTP cars for $10k over, I'd dare say that they are leaving some money on the table.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
OK, let me set the record straight.

The VIN in question, 0711 is my VIN and that CFTP in the ad is mine. Who knows, maybe they're positioning themselves for another buyer if my purchase falls through. (zero chance of that.)

Anyway, Roger is also one of the two salesman that helped me with this purchase. At first they didn't have a Golden Ticket allocation, only a base, so the allocation guy bugged the Regional Rep all during that first week of ordering. Low and behold, this guy turned up a GT allocation for the dealership and I immediately put my name on the VIN.

Yes, their standard Shelby ADM is $10k. By being over a year ahead of ordering, I was able to clinch a deal for only $5k and they are honoring it.

This is a fine dealership although I don't pay attention to dealer ads online. What they do there is up to the GM and the IT guy, not Sales, me thinks.
@kilobravo

damn, I called it!! LOL! YOU were my “top-dog” customer reference in my reply (it was either someone who was able to secure a spot early OR I thought it would be Franchise Owner)... :rockon:

Nice Score and best of luck with the GT500 once you take delivery.

So now @ixfe can rest easy and know it’s a genuine allocated unit... :sun:

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
i sent in a request for a 16 GTPP a couple years back with a spoiler delete, 6spd... and got an email back that started off "hey Nancy" and then proceeded to try to sell me a 2wd extended cab F150. do these tactics actually work? i don't know one person that'd work on

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Like I said, it’s not the ADM’s I’m posting about. I’m a free market guy. Let the dealers test the market. All good. As a buyer I can also test the market and hope for an MSRP deal. I knew it was a long shot. I admitted that.

The part I thought was shady is they are knowingly listing cars they don’t have at prices that don’t exist.

if you disagree, carry on...
I firmly believe the listings aren't fake. The CFTP GT500's are all spoken for. There's no doubt it's coming to that dealership but it's not available because it's sold. Is it disingenuous to see it on the website? Perhaps a little but it most likely is coming to them. The Bases are likely in the same boat. I've found only 1 Base that was available and ordered by the dealer and not by a buyer in TX. They want $15K ADM. Rapid Red I believe.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD

Attachments

Last edited: