Cup holders and handbrake - RHD

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible 5 Litre V8
Personally I prefer the bonnet release on Left - potentially safer dealing if with issues on non traffic side
Sponsored

MustangNewbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Personally I prefer the bonnet release on Left - potentially safer dealing if with issues on non traffic side
Based on that premise, you should also enter the car from the passenger side when you're going to drive because it's safer. I almost always open the bonnet while I'm already sitting in the drivers seat. As do (I think) the majority of people. That's why the bonnet latch has always been within the drivers compartment for easy reach. If you break down on the highway you are within easy and safe reach of the bonnet latch prior to exiting the car to then investigate the problem. And that's the most common scenario. It's also why the Americans keep it within their drivers compartment. They simply don't give a crap about any other markets, that's why they didn't convert it. Out in the country to have to access the bonnet latch from the left can place you in danger from snakes or many other unnecessary hazards due to close proximity of long grass, bush, spoon drains etc. Scenarios I have already been exposed to. But each to their own :) . I'll still continue to try to get mine changed. But overall, regardless of these small issues the current model Mustangs are such fun to drive and look so good that we ALL overlook these small issues and buy them anyway. I knew all this prior to buying but am fortunate to be able to afford the extra cost of converting to suit my VERY "PRO Australia" and "ANTI USA" attitudes.

MustangNewbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Update
Finally sorted out a way to add an electrical bonnet latch system to my car. A hidden switch placed adjacent to the OBD2 port under the dash which activates 2 central locking actuators (1 was not quite powerful enough). This setup retains the original lever on the passenger side so if battery power is lost you can still use the lever to open the bonnet. I'm still in the process of finishing the placement of the button, but the actuators are in place and have been tested. I'll post photos when complete.

Randhawa_KS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KS
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT OF vert, FG XR6, Lexus RX 350
That would be awesome, just like a Boot Release button:-)

MustangNewbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Please excuse the wires showing under the switch in the 4th photo, the photo was taken prior to tidying up the wiring. In the last photo the flash overpowered the red halo LED of the switch but you can still just see the red glow. The switches are available in several colours, but because of my red upholstery and red ambient lighting I chose the red halo switch. Also, the switch can only be seen when down at seat level (below the steering wheel), so it's well hidden and the switch can't be accidently activated because the barrel is flush with the button, you have to press the button inside the barrel to activate.
20200626_161332.jpg
20200626_161342.jpg
20200807_170156.jpg
20200810_201124.jpg
20200810_201218.jpg

Sponsored

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Please excuse the wires showing under the switch in the 4th photo, the photo was taken prior to tidying up the wiring. In the last photo the flash overpowered the red halo LED of the switch but you can still just see the red glow. The switches are available in several colours, but because of my red upholstery and red ambient lighting I chose the red halo switch. Also, the switch can only be seen when down at seat level (below the steering wheel), so it's well hidden and the switch can't be accidently activated because the barrel is flush with the button, you have to press the button inside the barrel to activate.
20200626_161332.jpg
20200626_161342.jpg
20200807_170156.jpg
20200810_201124.jpg
20200810_201218.jpg
Ingenious Rick. Very well executed. Now for marketing to all us dumb arses. By the way, I see you travel the dirt roads a bit. How often does your car look like your nice shiny footer picture.

MustangNewbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Ingenious Rick. Very well executed. Now for marketing to all us dumb arses. By the way, I see you travel the dirt roads a bit. How often does your car look like your nice shiny footer picture.
Thanks for the compliment.
Actually I never drive on dirt roads, the dirt you see behind the grill is only what I can't reach when washing it. It's actually iron ore dust from the car park where I work. The car park is only about 200m from the conveyors and the wind most often blows towards the car park. As for a little dirt on the inside, I haven't cleaned that area for some time :(
I wash the outside 2 or more times per week, so it almost always looks like the photo's. :)

Reactions: PKs

Randhawa_KS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KS
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT OF vert, FG XR6, Lexus RX 350
20200626_161332.jpg
20200626_161342.jpg
20200807_170156.jpg
20200810_201124.jpg
20200810_201218.jpg
Excellent work Rick...................just wondering if with the right step-by-step instruction it can be a DIY work?

MustangNewbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Excellent work Rick...................just wondering if with the right step-by-step instruction it can be a DIY work?
Absolutely
Although I was lucky that the grill of my car was being replaced after some damage, so the panel shop had removed it. But if you're confident in removing the grill/nose section then the rest is a walk in the park. I've recently had some of the brackets for the switch laser cut in case someone wanted to have a try. I just need to get the brackets for the actuators made and the rest is simply bought online. PM me if you want to know more.
Sponsored

Reactions: PKs