Sponsored

C7 Grand Sport or GT350

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I don't fit well in the C7 - being 6'4". I don't think I could wear a helmet without slouching. I think the others described the cramped cabin well.

The only other thing about the C7 GS is a lot of owners who use their cars on track have had problems with the stock rims failing. Just something to consider / be prepared for.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rocketman

Rocketman

Keep it stupid, stupid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPPPPPP
Thanks for the responses all.

For those that own or have owned a C7 GS/Z06, Can you comment on interior noise? The Mustang obviously has trunk separation with the rear seat but the Corvette's cabin extends to the trunk area, not to mention the gigantic rear tires on a GS.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350

For those that own or have owned a C7 GS/Z06, Can you comment on interior noise? The Mustang obviously has trunk separation with the rear seat but the Corvette's cabin extends to the trunk area, not to mention the gigantic rear tires on a GS.
Don't own one, but I've ridden in a few and instructed in another few. The Vette is a good bit quieter. Generally speaking, I've always found GM cars to have a bit quieter/more comfortable interior than Fords (exception being the cramped feeling in a Vette if you're tall - but at 5 7" I've yet to experience a cramped car :))

proeagles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT 350, 2019 BMW X3, 2019 Honda Civic
I've owned 2 C7s and traded both for a GT350. They are great cars in that they get amazing gas mileage that Ford will never match. My experience wasn't pleasant as far as build quality goes. The first one's top rattled and creaked driving me insane. The dealer tried to fix it 3 times. The second one developed a rattle in the dash 5 miles from the museum where I picked it up. Dealer tried to fix it 2 times and I just said the hell with it and went back to the GT350. The Mustang is easier to live with daily in that it's more comfortable, roomy, and the trunk is out of sight out of mind vs the Corvette's open hatch. I've done the Ron Fellows Corvette school 3 times and really enjoy driving the Corvette. I've also done the Ford Attack school and the GT350 left nothing on the table. It was awesome as well. For me, the Ford is the better car on a daily basis. The GT350 has the occasional interior buzz at just the right RPM and road condition but for the most part it is better built IMO. Then there is the sound of the Voodoo engine. Nothing compares.

CliffClavin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van down by the river
I owned a 2019 Z06 and it was exceptionally quiet. It is weird to say, but it was too quiet. The acceleration is very good, but because it was so quiet and it was done with no drama, it didn't feel engaging. I had a Corsa x pipe on it and it was louder obviously, but really only at full throttle. I sold it and placed an order on a 2020 R that I am impatiently waiting on now.

Sponsored

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)

Exhaust note aside, the GT350 is quieter than my 2016 C7/Z51. I noticed way more road noise and more squeaks/rattles. Having taken apart my C7 door for a speaker mod, there was no sound dampening. With the targa roof off, the C7 interior is very loud.

If your cruising down the freeway in an overdrive gear (6th/7th) the GT350 is quieter to me.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I wouldn't make road noise a top criteria for car purchase. Just buy some sound deadening mat with the rubber and aluminum construction and install it. I did this to my GT350 as well as my C5 Z06. The C5 Z06 was really bad for road noise when I first bought it. The stuff I use is Noico brand. It's a lot less expensive than the bigger brand names and works great.

TxGT350-52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lead Foot, 2021 Diesel Tremor CG
Exhaust note aside, the GT350 is quieter than my 2016 C7/Z51. I noticed way more road noise and more squeaks/rattles. Having taken apart my C7 door for a speaker mod, there was no sound dampening. With the targa roof off, the C7 interior is very loud.

If your cruising down the freeway in an overdrive gear (6th/7th) the GT350 is quieter to me.
You have a 7th gear in your 18 GT350? :wink:

Kobi Addiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
I had considered both of those vehicles, but at the end of the day the 350 was more of a rare and iconic vehicle to me. If I went the C7 route it would have been a Z and I just couldn't get myself to spend that much on one. I also wanted some type of back seat to haul my little ones in from time to time to enjoy the experience. They love riding in it....

Sponsored

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
I've heard this too...like wtf?! lol
Its on the z06 and zr1 too. Wouldnt stop me from getting a z06 or zr1 if they are priced right. I will end up with nicer lighter stronger wheels from Forgeline.
That would be the plan anyways, have two sets of wheels/tires street setup and track setup.

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Its on the z06 and zr1 too. Wouldnt stop me from getting a z06 or zr1 if they are priced right. I will end up with nicer lighter stronger wheels from Forgeline.
That would be the plan anyways, have two sets of wheels/tires street setup and track setup.
Random 1mic but have you ever considered upgrading to the ACR. Personally one of my fav cars ever made for how raw it is.

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Random 1mic but have you ever considered upgrading to the ACR. Personally one of my fav cars ever made for how raw it is.
Yup, I'm not sure what I want to do. ACR is harsher on the street though and I primarily do street driving.
If you get a chance, get a Gen V Viper they're awesome and will not depreciate too much. Maybe IF a Gen VI comes out :( LOL

TxGT350-52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lead Foot, 2021 Diesel Tremor CG
Yup, I'm not sure what I want to do. ACR is harsher on the street though and I primarily do street driving.
If you get a chance, get a Gen V Viper they're awesome and will not depreciate too much. Maybe IF a Gen VI comes out :( LOL
I sold my Gen 2 and bought the GT350 because it was costing me too much money every time I drove it...

Viper UTH.JPG