Sponsored

Daytona this weekend.

MYSNAKE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
Wanted to see if anyone will be going to Daytona this weekend for the track event and the show.
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I will be there. I was assigned a few students who have a 350 and an R. Are you one of them? What's your first name?

OP
OP
MYSNAKE

MYSNAKE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
I will be there. I was assigned a few students who have a 350 and an R. Are you one of them? What's your first name?
I'm not tracking the car just going for the car show.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I'm not aware of any show. Who, what, when, where.

Sponsored

Bullitt40

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350/track pak
Wanted to see if anyone will be going to Daytona this weekend for the track event and the show.
I'll be running the track day on Sunday only this year. Hope to stop by the car show after I check in at the track and get inspected Saturday morning.

dewmsEleanor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Went about a month ago with Chin Motorsports. it was our Inaugural Event For Chin and I had a blast!

One thing i noticed, video games/tv/videos, do not give justice to just how exciting the oval turns can be. Literal tunnel vision and compression into your seat, something you don't get from watching. Anyways, have fun, this car does well on this track. Some pics from our event:

dewmsEleanor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
For me, it was all about the Bus Stop, my favorite part of the track!

This was also the first track I had been to that had a scale, here is my stock gt350 weight. I had already taken everything out of the car, and had about 1/2 tank of fuel:

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not aware of any show. Who, what, when, where.
@Tomster , while we are on track, Team Shelby Racing will be having a car show in the infield.

They did it last year and it was a hit, so they are doing it again. Hans organized it.

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I will arrive on Friday afternoon, gather my packages and Tech the car. I will be tracking Saturday and Sunday.

@Tomster , I think I am across from you in the Garage. If I remember correctly I am in Blue 56.

Looking forward to it this year with the new car!!

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I will arrive on Friday afternoon, gather my packages and Tech the car. I will be tracking Saturday and Sunday.

@Tomster , I think I am across from you in the Garage. If I remember correctly I am in Blue 56.

Looking forward to it this year with the new car!!
John Straus is in front of me. Billy Johnson was there helping John work on his car.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Maybe I’ll go next year if I have a GT500 by then.

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
John Straus is in front of me. Billy Johnson was there helping John work on his car.
okie dokie

Will see you in a few hours.

dewmsEleanor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Side question here. It's not quite related, but I had this issue at Daytona, and have never seen it at Sebring, so maybe someone has two cents they can chime in with.

On my last session at Daytona, I had an insteresting issue with AdvancedTrac similar to what is seen here in this post:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...arning-temporarily-showed-this-morning.79463/

Luckily it was my last session and lap, so I just rolled in to the pits. It seems to disable a number of things including any of the drive modes and Hill Assist. It stayed this way until I started driving out of the infield through the tunnel and away from the track. I had to get on the highway so I refueled and headed out. But by the time I got on the highway, everything was normal again. I had all the drive modes and hill assist again.

I don't think it's a temperature issue, since this day never went over 70F, and I have tracked at Sebring in 90 degree days without this issue.

I think I read on another forum that maybe this has to do with the banked turns or fuel starvation at Daytona, but have not gotten evidence for that.

Anyone else have this issue or have seen something similar? It has not come back since that day,so at the very least I could probably say it's related to my track day.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Side question here. It's not quite related, but I had this issue at Daytona, and have never seen it at Sebring, so maybe someone has two cents they can chime in with.

On my last session at Daytona, I had an insteresting issue with AdvancedTrac similar to what is seen here in this post:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...arning-temporarily-showed-this-morning.79463/

image-jpg.jpg

Luckily it was my last session and lap, so I just rolled in to the pits. It seems to disable a number of things including any of the drive modes and Hill Assist. It stayed this way until I started driving out of the infield through the tunnel and away from the track. I had to get on the highway so I refueled and headed out. But by the time I got on the highway, everything was normal again. I had all the drive modes and hill assist again.

I don't think it's a temperature issue, since this day never went over 70F, and I have tracked at Sebring in 90 degree days without this issue.

I think I read on another forum that maybe this has to do with the banked turns or fuel starvation at Daytona, but have not gotten evidence for that.

Anyone else have this issue or have seen something similar? It has not come back since that day,so at the very least I could probably say it's related to my track day.
It's normal. Drive it around after your session and it clears itself.
Sponsored