Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Hi all,

does anyone got all the distances from the drivers headrest to all stock speaker locations (Front and stock subwoofer only) at hand?
It's hard to measure when you're on your own and my wife is already calling me crazy as i spent a lot of time in the car setting up my DSP already.

Thank you and best regards,

Peter
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think I've seen anyone post that up, but it changes per person depending on where your seat is positioned horizontally, vertically, and how the back is lined up...

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I don't think I've seen anyone post that up, but it changes per person depending on where your seat is positioned horizontally, vertically, and how the back is lined up...
Agree with Nagare, but a laser finder may work.

OP
OP

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Would need to get the laser first though. All I need is a baseline. As long as the measurements are consitent a few inches more or less won’t totally destroy everything. Will do some impulse measurements afterwards and adjust as needed.

ean611

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eitan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
I can share my measurements for my seat position and my head if you really want them. However, they're not useful, as if you're doing time alignment, you want your accuracy to be as tight as possible, hence measure your own headrest. If you're using something like the AudioFrog UMI-1, you can just measure with a tape measure from the mic to each speaker. Given your ear level and seat position, my measurements are likely not going to be accurate for you.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Did a tape measure myself with the help of my wife.
Thank you though for your offer. :)

ean611

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eitan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
Did a tape measure myself with the help of my wife.
Thank you though for your offer. :)
You're better off with this method anyway. Also, properly setting up a DSP takes a ton of time and revision. There is no fast way to do it. I'm using 11 channels of DSP at the moment between two processors to deal with everything. Just be glad if you're using one processor, because matching group delay can be an adventure unless the DSP vendor helpfully supplies that information.

OP
OP

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Yeah i know.... fiddling with my DSP for two weeks now. Still trying to adapt some target curves to my liking.
Am making progress on this, but i'm still not really happy about the result, although it's magnitudes better than it was before.

NotMarc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1
You're better off with this method anyway. Also, properly setting up a DSP takes a ton of time and revision. There is no fast way to do it. I'm using 11 channels of DSP at the moment between two processors to deal with everything. Just be glad if you're using one processor, because matching group delay can be an adventure unless the DSP vendor helpfully supplies that information.

Are you Time Aligned/Active and amplified on all 9 speakers plus two subwoofers? Just wondering your setup to use 11 channels in the car and how it performs.
Sponsored