weight lossplan?

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
The person most helpful at lightening your car is Jenny Craig. But stay away from Sara Lee and Little Debbie.

On a more serious note, I've thought about balance shaft delete with my EB. I'd like to hear more about long-term effects before I pull that trigger, though. Here's what it looks like on the Focus:

Do not do that its a terrible idea...

Unless you love crank walk...

It's not to reduce "NVH" Its there because large displacement 4cylinder engines have bad vibration issues at higher RPMS... They we're limited to very small displacements and low RPMS for years until porsche started installing balance shafts and changed the game forever...

You take that part off you will definitely spin your bearings and grenade that motor...

Back in the day a bunch of idiots with 4G63T motors thought they were engineers did this mod and ended up grenading their engines then acted like mitsubishi sold them a lemon...

If you want more power buy a bigger turbo.
Sponsored

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
Auto makers will do anything to save a penny on parts so the parts They supply your motor with are there because they have to be, especially critical parts that control engine harmonics...

Yet people keep thinking they know more than the team of 40 plus engineers who spent a few years developing the engine... Then when they do stupid mods and win the free lawn ornament conversion they cry on the internet...

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Which is why the straight 6 is the greatest configuration that ever was or will be.
Can confirm, straight 6 rocks. 2JZ in the Supra and the 4.0 in several Jeep models in the 90s are legendary straight 6s.

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Change the air in your tires to helium. :crackup:

Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Tech 7 Wheels 34
Rear Seat Delete 30
Passanger Seat Removal 50
Subwoofer Removal 15
Magnaflow Generation 30

Mustang Weight Reduction 159

That's the things that are easy to do some of them free like seat removals. But overal 159 lbs is not a lot.
Sponsored