2020 GT500's Scheduled For Production - Part 1

2020Shelby890

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Called ford performance and pushed once again to 2/27 this is the 5th time I've been pushed since my orginal 10/21 build date. Also they have not mentioned anything about receiving a package for all the waiting maybe I'll call my dealer today and see what they say
Sponsored

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
Status Updates:

Congratulations :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

@V00D00 - Trim Line

@The Chairman - Trim Line

@Captian_Eddie - Body Shop

@LaserDoc - Released Awaiting Shipment

@GattmanLA - Released Awaiting Shipment

tenor.gif
tenor.gif
Well, somethings amiss Snoop. After your post last might, I checked and did see “Trim Line” for my car. Checked again early this morning, and all was well. Checked a few minutes ago and it has changed back to “Body Shop”.
Is that what you see as well?

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
As I suggested KB, the Data Dump and Ford Tracking Web-site has not changed for my car since the 10/21 Production Date.
Ron: Thanks for that and the same is true here although I didn't know that FP said the vehicle ordering and data dump sites were unreliable for Shelbys. That doesn't make a lot of sense to me but, what do I know?

Anywho, it Looks like we're in the same boat with a couple hundred other cars that need this/these update(s). Since this last hurdle apparently takes some time per car, if you or I are at the end of that line, it might be awhile. And, as I understand things, they'll both still have to go to the Mod Shop and Penske before being released for shipping.

But, like you, I know I will get the car and I'm working very hard on increasing my patience.

dirty-max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: 2015 Black GT Fully Loaded (Sold) Now: 2020 GT500 (Current)
Not to get you guys any more excited, but that kid that picked up his base GT500 from Lasco Ford in Fenton MI just north of me on Black Friday has now made it to Texas and stopped at a drag strip to see how it would run. He ran a 10.66 on the stock tires and the Gurney flap installed. Pretty incredible.
He also had the splitter wickers on as well I imagine with those off you could get another 1-2 tenths knocked off Evan's mph was higher than his was

Sponsored

RapidResponder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP, 2022 Shelby SSS, 2023 Raptor R
Ron: Thanks for that and the same is true here although I didn't know that FP said the vehicle ordering and data dump sites were unreliable for Shelbys. That doesn't make a lot of sense to me but, what do I know?
Stated yesterday by Tony.

Anywho, it Looks like we're in the same boat with a couple hundred other cars that need this/these update(s). Since this last hurdle apparently takes some time per car, if you or I are at the end of that line, it might be awhile.
I am told it only takes 1-2 weeks, including vehicle movement and staging. My car has received all updates, as of November 18, and is at the 2 week mark at the Mod Shop.

And, as I understand things, they'll both still have to go to the Mod Shop and Penske before being released for shipping.
It is anticipated that my car will go to Penske within the next couple of days. Actual shipping may be impacted by the UAW Christmas Holiday, rail back-ups and weather. This information comes from FRAP insiders and FP. I only share this so you can get a perspective of where your car is at.

846 - October 18, 2019
rons-shelby-on-the-line_02.jpg

rons-shelby-on-the-line_03.jpg

IMG_0444.JPG

846 - October 21, 2019
rons-shelby-on-the-line.jpg

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Nice!

mannymo5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Manny
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mustang equip with 2.8 KB SuperCharger.
Called ford performance and pushed once again to 2/27 this is the 5th time I've been pushed since my orginal 10/21 build date. Also they have not mentioned anything about receiving a package for all the waiting maybe I'll call my dealer today and see what they say
Welcome to the club brother a few of us now are 2/27. I also been pushed back 4 times.

fastergt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP, 2022 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Stated yesterday by Tony.

I am told it only takes 1-2 weeks, including vehicle movement and staging. My car has received all updates, as of November 18, and is at the 2 week mark at the Mod Shop.

It is anticipated that my car will go to Penske within the next couple of days. Actual shipping may be impacted by the UAW Christmas Holiday, rail back-ups and weather. This information comes from FRAP insiders and FP. I only share this so you can get a perspective of where your car is at.

846 - October 18, 2019
rons-shelby-on-the-line_02.jpg

rons-shelby-on-the-line_03.jpg

IMG_0444.JPG

846 - October 21, 2019
rons-shelby-on-the-line.jpg
That set of pictures is getting real with the process, out f---ing standing. Really gives you an idea of where the bare bones come from.

Sponsored

Nolimits88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500 2020 TO GT500 2021 GT500 CARBON PKG
12/3 update on #0761..moved back to 12/16 as the scheduled build day.

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Well, somethings amiss Snoop. After your post last might, I checked and did see “Trim Line” for my car. Checked again early this morning, and all was well. Checked a few minutes ago and it has changed back to “Body Shop”.
Is that what you see as well?
The same thing happened when I just checked yours. There is something really messed up with the tracking system. I heard a while ago that Ford was thinking about shutting it down because of its instability and false reporting. I hope that doesn't happen. It would be nice if they just fixed the problem.

I would give Noah a call at FP and see what he has to offer.

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
Status Update:

Congratulations :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

1074 - Delivered to Dealer - First Car to Be Delivered on List

tenor.gif
tenor.gif

Last edited:

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Earl, I notice Ford lists (as of today) under "Transit Date" the number 17 when I look at my own data dump. Is this of any significance? I don't see it correlating to anything else.

transit date.JPG

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
Earl, I notice Ford lists (as of today) under "Transit Date" the number 17 when I look at my own data dump. Is this of any significance? I don't see it correlating to anything else.

transit date.JPG
I have noticed that on cars shipped by truck (convoy). Fkranger (1074) car was just delivered by truck and "20" was in "transitDate". I have no idea what it means.
Sponsored