Sponsored

New Abnormal Coyote Engine Noise? *NOT the BBQ Tick*

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
So, I dropped my car off on Wednesday at 10am, I told them the about the whining (Again, they didn't care for the TSB to check if it was related), and the high oil level (A little over a half-inch over the max indicator on the stick), and my transmission shifting extremely hard and nearly causing skids.
This morning I got my invoice or the visit and was texted that my car is now ready for pickup. The invoice indicates that the whining noise was not checked, they found that the oil level was within the margin of error, and they simply reflashed my transmission (Which worked for about a week last time, and then the shifting came back even worse).
Not sure what I think of this visit. It is possible that the whining sound wasn't related to the TSB, which is then even more worrisome. Nothing would explain why it suddenly showed up though, and I've never heard it before.
Can you post a copy of the working order?
Sponsored

OP
OP
crimson_crowd_eater

crimson_crowd_eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Can you post a copy of the working order?
The interesting thing is, when I picked up my car, the engine sound was definitely greatly reduced, those slightly audible. They also claimed that they didn't change or drain my oil, but the oil level is significantly lower than it was before, and the oil appears cleaner. My transmission was reflashed, and it felt hesitant during the relearning process, but now it is back to very hard shifts...
Screenshot_20191202-103401_2.jpg

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Looks like you are good to go except for the A10. I have a M6 so can't help you there. Hopefully it smooths out. You might want to search the forum for hard shifts. I think I saw a thread or two on it and may help you figure out if what you are experiencing is a problem or not.

OP
OP
crimson_crowd_eater

crimson_crowd_eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like you are good to go except for the A10. I have a M6 so can't help you there. Hopefully it smooths out. You might want to search the forum for hard shifts. I think I saw a thread or two on it and may help you figure out if what you are experiencing is a problem or not.
Yeah I started a thread awhile ago. That was when it was still on the original software that caused some lurching due to high line pressures.
The shifts are still a little rough, but it's definitely not as bad as it was. Plus, I like to drive mostly in manual, so I just go around the automatic downshifts most of the time.
Sponsored