Sponsored

Mustang owners are you conservative or liberal minded?

Are you conservative or liberal minded in general?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
I said middle of the road but I'm absolutely not conservative, and officially non-party affiliated as of a couple of years ago.
The dems sure want your money. The free stuff that they are offering will cost 20% of your paycheck.

Trump1a.jpg
Sponsored

torqued

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I don’t think there is liberal or conservative in anything more than the word.
I think there's only outsider and insider. When historically it was conservatives who dominated American institutions, conservatives wanted to conserve the policies and values of the country and liberals wanted to loosen them.

Now it's reversing. At least on cultural values I guess, which I think the left has a firm grip on in this country. Despite notable progress I guess there's still a long way to go policy-wise.

But in general, it's the side who's on the outside of power and popularity who pushes for more liberalness.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
What politicians are you listening too?

The last election republicans talked about fiscal spending was 2004.
Trump will be the king of spending in his first presidency. The second will be in MMT territory.

Look up Tulsi Gabbard. The only outright anti war democratic contender. When Hillary calls you a Russian asset you must be hitting a nerve. Oh yeah and she is a veteran I would vote for her on this alone.

I used to like Colbert. He craps on her. Watch it if you want to see bias in media. Please watch it.

I think Trump has made other campaign promises his first priority rather than cutting spending. He can't line item veto spending bills that come to him. He has asked for changes and often has not gotten them. I think it's impressive that Trump has gotten the RINO republicans to work with him as much as he has, because he is definitely an outsider. While I would like to see Trump shut the government down indefinitely until spending is brought in line, doing that probably wouldn't get him any cooperation in the long term.

Tulsi is scary to me. If she got into office we would be in big trouble. I did watch the video and yes Colbert is following the majority media agenda. Most night talk shows have become that way. They are no longer comedy shows like they used to be, but now they are very agenda driven. Just like the majority fake news - they have gone all in and are willing to constantly lie and misrepresent to get their way. The reporters that tell the truth get fired.

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I think Trump has made other campaign promises his first priority rather than cutting spending. He can't line item veto spending bills that come to him. He has asked for changes and often has not gotten them. I think it's impressive that Trump has gotten the RINO republicans to work with him as much as he has, because he is definitely an outsider. While I would like to see Trump shut the government down indefinitely until spending is brought in line, doing that probably wouldn't get him any cooperation in the long term.

Tulsi is scary to me. If she got into office we would be in big trouble. I did watch the video and yes Colbert is following the majority media agenda. Most night talk shows have become that way. They are no longer comedy shows like they used to be, but now they are very agenda driven. Just like the majority fake news - they have gone all in and are willing to constantly lie and misrepresent to get their way. The reporters that tell the truth get fired.
She does scare me also. I should clarify. I wouldn’t vote for her other than if I decided to vote in the primaries in my state. Otherwise never. But she is the least swamp rat of the rats on stage generally. She in a lot of ways has Trumped the Democratic Party. She has said things that cannot be unsaid.

I don’t blame Colbert or the talking heads on CNN and Fox sitcoms. It’s capitalism. Businesses need to make money. They just represent themselves as news instead of scripted TV. People are not stupid though. They realize this.

We are in an interesting time in human history. For most of history the lack of news was the problem. Now the “problem” is the complete opposite. It’s news overload.

Whatever you want to believe these days you can.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
The dems sure want your money. The free stuff that they are offering will cost 20% of your paycheck.

Trump1a.jpg
Making a generalized statement not based on fact, following up with a political meme, and automatically assuming that if someone doesn't agree with your own point of view that they must agree with all of the views that you perceive as hostile to your own way of life.

I guess you must watch Fox News.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Making a generalized statement not based on fact, following up with a political meme, and automatically assuming that if someone doesn't agree with your own point of view that they must agree with all of the views that you perceive as hostile to your own way of life.

I guess you must watch Fox News.
Fox news is a lot more trustworthy than most other news sources. They will actually give both sides of the issue, versus the mainstream which lies and tells half truths.

Weather Man

Persistance is a Bitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 I4 T Prem Auto
The MSM has stated numerous times now that they are an arm of the DNC, which is why their rating are tanking. It is ironic that they have the greatest access to a president EVER and instead of serious questions about issues facing the country, we get TDS.

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Cayman GTS, 15 Explorer Sport , 09 Honda Fit
I voted middle of the road , but that's not really right . I am liberal on many issues ( i.e. education , LGBT rights / marriage ) Conservative on many ( i.e. gun control , foreign policy ) Middle of the road on others ( i.e. economic policy ) .

Oh and I hate politics , and both parties piss me off just about equally depending on what they are spouting.

cib24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS
Not really. I would classify myself as a moderate leaning towards liberal based on how you guys in the US see things on the various extremes, but in the UK my "moderate liberal" leanings are classified as Conservative over here.

Just because you believe in modest social safety nets (healthcare being one), are not so keen on guns and actually care a little bit about the environment (but recognises the need for oil & gas) doesn't mean you can't like what a Mustang offers. Especially in my context where it's a toy and gets driven so little that it shouldn't really offend environmentalists anyway.

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
..I guess you must watch Fox News.
I never watch Fox news, CNN, CNBC, or MSNBC.

I do read the Wall Street Journal and Barron's when each is published. I read corporate annual reports and quarterly reports.

The political shit is a waste of my time. I try to do a better job of investing my money that I earned after I paid my tax rate on earned income.

Most people fail badly at managing money.

Sponsored

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
GT350a.JPG

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Trump1a.jpg
EXACTLY!!!!

Who in their right mind would support the communist, I mean, democratic party?!?!?
Why would anyone want higher taxes, bigger government, a weaker stock market, more welfare, a weaker job market, and overall a weaker American economy??!?
What person in their right mind living in America would want that?!?! I cannot fathom the reasons. I really can't.

ezracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 DIB Mustang GT Premium.
Status
Not open for further replies.