honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Will you still have a wife after this is all over? Mine has been going bananas lately just over a little track prep.

"All you do is work on that damn car"
Haha. I think she's happy I'm out of the house and not annoying the crap out of her honestly. I don't sit around well :)

Good thought and it makes sense. With everything welded in place maybe those two bolts can go and save an additional 1/4lb :idea:
Hahaha. Legit made me chuckle. When we cage the car I plan remove a lot of the interior structure when we cage it next year
Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
if the goal is to do the same thing for less, then I stand by my comment 100%. Hacking up an S550's interior to make the car 80 lbs lighter is just hillbilly to me. why not start with a car that weighs 700 lbs less? I guess common sense isn't very common. I do know a lot of people go way overboard without thinking about what they are doing. Spending several grand to put cf panels on an S550 to ditch less than 100 lbs is just plain stupid...only millionaires and companies like Steeda can justify this over the top expense. This fox sure kept up well on a budget.
How much time do you have in a ‘15+ GT350?

Sponsored

OP
OP
nastang87xx

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
What pisses me off the most in this thread is that people to this day STILL don't know the difference between "could give two shits" and "couldn't give two shits." Might piss me off more than seeing the term "MagnaRide" posted all over the place.

giphy.gif

Now that the guy with a 2018 Mustang GT with the A10 automatic that is clearly built for the 1320 is done talk about 2800lb fox bodies and how they're much better for the 1320 (umm....), lets get back on track please. @honeybadger , I'd definitely still be interested in hearing if L&M would do an intake only side. If it makes sense for any real power gains. 25RWHP would be worth it in my mind if one were already tearing down the engine.

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
All this and no one mentioned that our Fox body friend thinks that going 5.4s per lap SLOWER than a stock-ish Fiesta ST around BW constitutes "keeping up." I've had my GT350R and my Fiesta ST at the same track on the same day. On a 2-mile course I can lap the Fiesta every 9 laps while driving the R. By comparison, based on that time delta in the Smoking Tire video, I would be lapping the Fox every 7 laps. That is nowhere near "keeping up," and the Honeybadger is now substantially quicker than my stock R.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
lets get back on track please. @honeybadger , I'd definitely still be interested in hearing if L&M would do an intake only side. If it makes sense for any real power gains. 25RWHP would be worth it in my mind if one were already tearing down the engine.
I've reached out to find out more info. I'll get the details. I have a sneaking suspicion they're pushing a full set in order to sell current inventory, but we'll see. Hopefully there are plans for an intake only set.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Heard back from Mike today. Here's a snip from the mail:

Adding the exhaust in a NA car adds another 5-7 wheel HP (8-10 BHP) due to reducing pumping losses and most folks want more performance in the future and the exhaust then becomes real handy to have installed.

More or less said he's selling plenty of them and has no interest in selling an intake only set. He's got (3) more on the way.

I'll be passing on this as the value just isn't there IMHO. I'll reevaluate in the future with a custom set when the heads need to be re-machined.

Jossyfilms

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jose
Vehicle(s)
2018 orange fury gt350
Heard back from Mike today. Here's a snip from the mail:

Adding the exhaust in a NA car adds another 5-7 wheel HP (8-10 BHP) due to reducing pumping losses and most folks want more performance in the future and the exhaust then becomes real handy to have installed.

More or less said he's selling plenty of them and has no interest in selling an intake only set. He's got (3) more on the way.

I'll be passing on this as the value just isn't there IMHO. I'll reevaluate in the future with a custom set when the heads need to be re-machined.
Does he have a dyno sheet for the cams?

Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Does he have a dyno sheet for the cams?
I sent a follow-up asking if he's been sent one. But I assume not since there's nothing on the site.

Or expected NA gains with the cams? Guessing around 25 - 30RWHP with both intake and exhaust at peak?
Correct. I didn't explicitly ask, but he's been quoting others about 25.

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
That’s a lot of money for the gain. Pass for me. Makes me miss the LS motors...$400 for a cam with considerable gains lol.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
That’s a lot of money for the gain. Pass for me. Makes me miss the LS motors...$400 for a cam with considerable gains lol.
Yeah, the single cam engines are limited much more by emissions than the Ford setup. If you are willing to break the law and run something that isn't emissions compliant (or if you are off-road only), you can get larger gains with aftermarket cams in an LS engine.

OP
OP
nastang87xx

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
If you're tearing down the motor, it makes sense. Long tube header kits cost the same amount for the same gains, often less...
Sponsored