Sponsored

Who Has A Deposit on a Mach E

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
A channel that literally has Tesla in its name is siding with Tesla. Shocker.
If it was just biased siding with Tesla for no good reason then I'd agree. But this guy is stating a whole series of cold hard facts about areas where Ford is literally years behind. For example sticking a large screen in this new car does not all of a sudden make them catch up with the world's leader in in vehicle operation software. There is video footage that was shot at the ride alongs after the intro where half the screen wasn't even working and people were explicitly told not to touch it. If this car is supposed to go into production in August then they still have a hell of a job to do. I hope for anyone who actually buys one that the OTA update feature works because boy are they going to need it.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
So your getting on the name calling bandwagon too. OK, you do not like it but what makes it an atrocity?
The fact that they trying to pass this off as a Mustang is a betrayal to the brand and every Mustang owner on the planet. Simply beyond retarded. For that reason alone I would already refuse to buy it.

Otherwise I think it's at best an okay-ish first try by Ford, unfortunately proving that they have a lot of catching up to do. I applaud them for trying, but I boo them for their insecurity in branding it.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
If it was just biased siding with Tesla for no good reason then I'd agree. But this guy is stating a whole series of cold hard facts about areas where Ford is literally years behind. For example sticking a large screen in this new car does not all of a sudden make them catch up with the world's leader in in vehicle operation software. There is video footage that was shot at the ride alongs after the intro where half the screen wasn't even working and people were explicitly told not to touch it. If this car is supposed to go into production in August then they still have a hell of a job to do. I hope for anyone who actually buys one that the OTA update feature works because boy are they going to need it.
It’s a rushed product, with hopes that stealing a cool name saves it.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
So you agree the new Mustang looks good?
ford-mustang-mach-e-gt-2021-02-angle--blue--exterior--front.jpg

What Mustang? I don’t see ANY Mustang in that picture.

What I see is a collaboration between VW and Ford - and that ME is clearly a VW in disguise... No?

Well, take a look at the draft CAD images of the Volkswagen’s Modular Electric Matrix (MEB) skateboard chassis architecture, also referred to as the VW ID.3:

https://www.carsales.com.au/editorial/details/volkswagen-id-3-clocks-up-10000-pre-orders-118430/

https://www.carsales.com.au/editori...wo-electric-cars-based-on-vw-platform-120682/

So after looking over those CAD images, you tell me how a VW ID.3 is a Mustang... it’s NOT... and Bill Ford was a fool to have Farley and Hackett coerce him into thinking it would be a grand idea to dilute the Mustang name and history...

sorry, no, I don’t see any Mustang in any image of the ME.

Sponsored

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
What Mustang? I don’t see ANY Mustang in that picture.

What I see is a collaboration between VW and Ford - and that ME is clearly a VW in disguise... No?

Well, take a look at the draft CAD images of the Volkswagen’s Modular Electric Matrix (MEB) skateboard chassis architecture, also referred to as the VW ID.3:

https://www.carsales.com.au/editorial/details/volkswagen-id-3-clocks-up-10000-pre-orders-118430/

https://www.carsales.com.au/editori...wo-electric-cars-based-on-vw-platform-120682/

So after looking over those CAD images, you tell me how a VW ID.3 is a Mustang... it’s NOT... and Bill Ford was a fool to have Farley and Hackett coerce him into thinking it would be a grand idea to dilute the Mustang name and history...

sorry, no, I don’t see any Mustang in any image of the ME.
what??? How dare you insinuate that a foreign EV platform isn’t a real Mustang!

didn’t you see the pictures of that SUV that blustang and ecovert post every five minutes accompanied by the word “Mustang?”

didn’t you see that horsie thing on the gri... er... FRONT of the suv?

what’s wrong with you!?

Sponsored

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
He's on to something, lads!!!!

:clap:
23MY Mustang 2.jpg
looks like designs for an awesome looking CAR that didn’t work out as an attempt to apply on an SUV.

Ford has even shot themselves in the foot, exposing what the Mach E looked like before they slapped “Mustang” on it.

it is a very bland, generic EV SUV that has A new costume. Oh and some new shocks, so that Pericak doesn’t leave.

bluestang50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150, 2020 Explorer ST, 1990 Mustang GT turbo
what??? How dare you insinuate that a foreign EV platform isn’t a real Mustang!

didn’t you see the pictures of that SUV that blustang and ecovert post every five minutes accompanied by the word “Mustang?”

didn’t you see that horsie thing on the gri... er... FRONT of the suv?

what’s wrong with you!?
Exactly! At least somebody gets it...

MUSTANG
mache6.jpg