1st Delivery

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Your assumption makes no sense. He claims to have ordered a carbon edition, but are you saying he secretly had on order a base GT500, too, didn’t tell anyone, took delivery and lies by saying he just found it?

Is that your story? Or is it something else?

Really, what do you think happened?
No, I'm not saying that. Didnt you watch the video link I added?
Sponsored

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
The car was a customer (Retail) ordered car and was ordered on 09/06 and was produced on 11/18. Funny thing is, the Customers name Lasco is the same as the dealerships name. Well that's one way to get around the Stock ordered cars lower priority.
System=Worked. Have to give it to the guy.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Round and round we go. Here is another post for the ad revenue cash register.

AirBusPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
Sort of related to this thread:
Did anyone notice that Exotic Racing in Las Vegas is advertising they have 2020 GT500’s available to drive on track? $254 for 5 laps
Their system shows you can reserve them today...
https://exoticsracing.com/driving-e...&utm_campaign=Newsletter&utm_source=Send_Grid
I’m guessing they were able to obtain a few of those press cars from the Vegas event.
For those that need a fix! :sunglasses:

Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Are you stupid? Naive? (Those were questions -maybe rhetorical, however not acusations).

Me? No, I've been out of the running for a while now. I remember back to when I waited about a year and a half for one of my ordered GT350Rs. I didnt bitch about that back then. I think I've proven I am a patient man. This has nothing to do with me. This has to do with my brethren over in the production thread who have been run over by this process. People like them who have also been patient have seen this whole train wreck unfold. They have been working very close in a tight knit group to monitor and track the 500s as they have been produced (thanks to snoopy49).

Then along comes this kid, who beats the whole system by himself, with no help from others, and takes delivery of the first 500. Who, by the way, happens to have a big YouTube channel with limitless funds from family money and support of Ford.

So which is it? Stupid or naive? Again it was a question, not an accusation.
First of all it's not the First GT500 delivered the first one was limited edition green one. The second one I know was an Oxford white that was flying on instagram past week. I guess by chance. You obviously don't follow youtube car scene which is good for your. TJHunt called all Toyota dealers in California to get a hold on a new Supra and it only took him a week did his reputation helped get one sure but did it payed ADM for the privilege also sure. I admire the system and snoopy49 dedication to track the cars and I love reading the production thread. But just because someone was smarter/more persistent and did something that nobody did. Doesn't mean he had to get this amount of hate. That was my point. I follow the GT500 for a long time and watching Speed Phenom content is the only way I can at least see what the user experience is.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Did anyone notice that Exotic Racing in Las Vegas is advertising they have 2020 GT500’s available to drive on track? $254 for 5 laps
https://exoticsracing.com/driving-e...&utm_campaign=Newsletter&utm_source=Send_Grid
I’m guessing they were able to obtain a few of those press cars from the Vegas event.
Count me in next time I'm in Vegas probably next year.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I'm in Vegas a lot. I'll do that!

And they pick you up at the strip.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
I read most of the thread - and I might have missed it - does anyone know approximately have actually been delivered into dealer / customer hands? I'm betting there are plenty of future GT500 owners who aren't involved with forums or social media.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hmmm when I was in Vegas (just a week before the event...talk about bad timing,..) I saw this add at the mall(hotel) on the strip. Nice cars on the list but I was amazed they did not have a GT350 but had a Mustang GT. guess now the have the GT500 lol.

Maybe if I get back there for something I'll try to go.

Sponsored

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
Hmmm when I was in Vegas (just a week before the event...talk about bad timing,..) I saw this add at the mall(hotel) on the strip. Nice cars on the list but I was amazed they did not have a GT350 but had a Mustang GT. guess now the have the GT500 lol.

Maybe if I get back there for something I'll try to go.
I have driven a few cars with them (its a quality operation). One thing they will tell you is that all of their cars are either automatics or DCTs. They don’t trust people to be able to shift! Hence, no GT350’s...

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have driven a few cars with them (its a quality operation). One thing they will tell you is that all of their cars are either automatics or DCTs. They don’t trust people to be able to shift! Hence, no GT350’s...
Ahh ! Makes sense now ! Thanks for that info.

OP
OP
V00D00

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Dealer ordered car, in the name.of the owner, a dealership that routinely slaps +$10k on raptors and 350s.. close to the plant, orders a few days before production began on all of them, is built and sold to a youtube kid with a following, kid known to lie, supposedly at $2500 over msrp ( probably forgot to add a 0). And we're supposed to think it that was luck of the draw?

I hope .you people either can't or at least done reproducing.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
The car was a customer (Retail) ordered car and was ordered on 09/06 and was produced on 11/18. Funny thing is, the Customers name Lasco is the same as the dealerships name. Well that's one way to get around the Stock ordered cars lower priority.
Exactly. Kid called around the whole country and paid ADM to get this one. Dealer did what dealers do best, make money. It's called capitalism folks. ADM is for fools. Let the early adopters pay ADM and beta test the car for Ford and then buy a 2021, 2022, 2023 model year for under MSRP with all the kinks worked out.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Right...but it seems that all of the big you-tubers won't be getting theirs until next year. That's quite a bit of time with a monopoly.
Yeah smart move on his part. But his subscriber base and views are pretty low, unless he gets sponsored he probably does not even make enough on Youtube to cover insurance, gas, mods, and track items like tires and oil.

I can't imagine his insurance cost in California for his cars, but likely as much or more than my car payment on my 350.
Sponsored