Sponsored

Mustang owners are you conservative or liberal minded?

Are you conservative or liberal minded in general?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
Okay, first off I didn't start this thread to see people fight, so a little respect for others goes a long way. That said. I have a theory about Mustang owners in general, and I've thought of writing this post question and poll to see how correct my assumption is. But I didn't want fighting to occur. So here goes... I attend a dozen or more car shows a year with my GT, and I've often wondered if certain car buyers tend to be conservative or liberal in their thinking and reacting to the world in general. I won't say what my beliefs or how many people on average are what, but I do think the Mustang community is skewed one of the two ways from what I've noticed talking to people from all over the country who owns one. This is my way of seeing if that's the case. Please vote in the poll.
Sponsored

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
It is possible to discuss politics and maintain a Mustang theme.

f8b05d57579681871b85bf0f54a8ab4c.jpg

Sponsored

Weather Man

Persistance is a Bitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 I4 T Prem Auto
A liberal owning a Mustang is the definition of Irony.

torqued

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Someone made a post in another thread implying that people shouldn't get longer than normal (who gets to define that BTW?) auto loans to be able to afford a car, because we're all in this economy together. That kind of thinking saddens me.

So one might assume everyone driving a gas-guzzling performance car would not sympathize much with left-wing thoughts, but not necessarily. There are probably people here who own Mustangs, and enjoy them, but feel they probably should be banned, for example.

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
A Mustang forum will generally be conservative.

A Toyota Prius forum will generally be liberal.

A Ford Explorer or soccer mom SUV will generally be middle-of-the-road.

P/S I have no clue what 90% of my car friends think about politics. It just doesn't get discussed since car stuff is more important.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
I said middle of the road but I'm absolutely not conservative, and officially non-party affiliated as of a couple of years ago.

Sponsored

Clump

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I picked conservative, but if libertarian was a choice that would be more accurate for me. I'm socially liberal, fiscally conservative and a strong believer in the US Constitution.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
What people call conservative lately is historically very liberal. I voted conservative, but compared to today's politicians that say they are conservative I am much, much more conservative. For instance, I assume that people who say they are liberal want to outlaw Mustangs and similar vehicles ASAP, because that's what the liberal side of current politicians in the US wants to do.

The current "conservative" side wants to outlaw cars like Mustangs as well, but take a little longer to do it. I don't agree. I think Mustangs should be legal and there's nothing wrong with them. I firmly believe that V8s are ok and it is fine to use internal combustion engines. I don't subscribe to the liberal theory that internal combustion engines are a danger or that they are going to "destroy the planet". IMO that's a bunch of bull crap. I do like emissions regulations, but current CAFE standards have gone too far in my opinion. They need to be rolled back.

I'm not libertarian, though. I do think some social programs are ok, but most of them are very bloated and mismanaged by our federal government.

So while I voted conservative, I think the poll leaves quite a bit open to interpretation. Everybody has their own definition of what liberal and conservative is. I tried to frame what I think those positions are based on current politics, but possibly others are answering the survey with other thoughts in their heads.

Can you be liberal and think it's ok to own a Mustang?

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
What people call conservative lately is historically very liberal. I voted conservative, but compared to today's politicians that say they are conservative I am much, much more conservative. For instance, I assume that people who say they are liberal want to outlaw Mustangs and similar vehicles ASAP, because that's what the liberal side of current politicians in the US wants to do.

The current "conservative" side wants to outlaw cars like Mustangs as well, but take a little longer to do it. I don't agree. I think Mustangs should be legal and there's nothing wrong with them. I firmly believe that V8s are ok and it is fine to use internal combustion engines. I don't subscribe to the liberal theory that internal combustion engines are a danger or that they are going to "destroy the planet". IMO that's a bunch of bull crap. I do like emissions regulations, but current CAFE standards have gone too far in my opinion. They need to be rolled back.

I'm not libertarian, though. I do think some social programs are ok, but most of them are very bloated and mismanaged by our federal government.

So while I voted conservative, I think the poll leaves quite a bit open to interpretation. Everybody has their own definition of what liberal and conservative is. I tried to frame what I think those positions are based on current politics, but possibly others are answering the survey with other thoughts in their heads.

Can you be liberal and think it's ok to own a Mustang?
I don’t think there is liberal or conservative in anything more than the word.

Past

Conservatives used to care about deficits and government size.

Liberals used to be anti war, pro 1st amendment and protesting.

Now

Conservatives spend like crazy. More government is better.

Liberals berate the president for stopping war, rail against prohibited(hate) speech and raise hell against protest they don’t like.

The common ground these days is found in what either party tell their donors. They outwardly may tell constituents what they want to hear but will always do what the money wants.

The only question is what’s next. As soon as people get what they want they want what’s next.

So the question is what’s next?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I don’t think there is liberal or conservative in anything more than the word.

Past

Conservatives used to care about deficits and government size.

Liberals used to be anti war, pro 1st amendment and protesting.

Now

Conservatives spend like crazy. More government is better.

Liberals berate the president for stopping war, rail against prohibited(hate) speech and raise hell against protest they don’t like.

The common ground these days is found in what either party tell their donors. They outwardly may tell constituents what they want to hear but will always do what the money wants.

The only question is what’s next. As soon as people get what they want they want what’s next.

So the question is what’s next?
I agree with what you are saying. I think the fact that many politicians don't keep their promises is evidence of widespread corruption.

What I believe is that both sides are taking bribes from the same large corporations, so they behave the same once they are in office. However, when politicians are making campaign promises, conservatives still talk about reducing spending and liberals talk about stopping fighting in other countries, for example.

However, neither side is talking about rolling back CAFE standards. I believe Trump talked about reducing the rate of tightening of those standards, but he hasn't promised or tried to roll them back as far as I know.

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I agree with what you are saying. I think the fact that many politicians don't keep their promises is evidence of widespread corruption.

What I believe is that both sides are taking bribes from the same large corporations, so they behave the same once they are in office. However, when politicians are making campaign promises, conservatives still talk about reducing spending and liberals talk about stopping fighting in other countries, for example.

However, neither side is talking about rolling back CAFE standards. I believe Trump talked about reducing the rate of tightening of those standards, but he hasn't promised or tried to roll them back as far as I know.
What politicians are you listening too?

The last election republicans talked about fiscal spending was 2004.
Trump will be the king of spending in his first presidency. The second will be in MMT territory.

Look up Tulsi Gabbard. The only outright anti war democratic contender. When Hillary calls you a Russian asset you must be hitting a nerve. Oh yeah and she is a veteran I would vote for her on this alone.

I used to like Colbert. He craps on her. Watch it if you want to see bias in media. Please watch it.

Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.